FORUMS

[APP][2.0+] MiXplorer v6.x Released (fully-featured file manager)

5,658 posts
Thanks Meter: 30,073

By HootanParsa, Recognized Developer on 17th May 2011, 03:12 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
3rd February 2020, 03:31 AM |#32031  
Flag Rio de Janeiro
Thanks Meter: 1,283

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronTechmonkey

Stop...listen to what is being said to you... please. I'm not disagreeing with you or misunderstanding your circumstance. In fact I experience a similar issue and have provide a detailed report to demonstrate it. The details we have both provided will help HootanPArsa give us an answer about whether or not we should see the directly attached device that is visible in Files in MiXplorer as well.

Apart from the question above about whether or not we should see the directly attached device in MiXplorer, you also seem to be having an issue with USB OTG drives. For this you should try logging an attempt to attach and view such an SD drive with MiX. Instructions for logging are here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...7&postcount=7.

Wait for HP if you like but, it would be more helpful if you provided full details about one or a few of the devices. Logs go a long way here as well. The type of details needed are described in that logging FAQ post.

You may be right that the direect cable stuff is just an unavoidable limitation but HP said it should work so let's see what HP says. The fact that MiX offers the prompt at all may be a good sign... or may just mean the prompt is appearing when it should not.

That all being said, your problems accessing external SD cards in MiX via USB OTG might be worth digging into (which means logging and sharing device details).

Man, you are the best in matter of patience, you are the voice to keep the balance in this thread, a much needed user, keep it up here and in the real life.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to marciozomb13 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift marciozomb13 Ad-Free
3rd February 2020, 03:32 AM |#32032  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:

Stop...listen to what is being said to you... please. I'm not disagreeing with you or misunderstanding your circumstance. In fact I experience a similar issue and have provide a detailed report to demonstrate it. The details we have both provided will help HootanPArsa give us an answer about whether or not we should see the directly attached device that is visible in Files in MiXplorer as well.

I understand it all and thanks that you as a user give many tips. But unfortunately they don't work.

But you have misunderstood a little bit.
You should know that I never said anything about SD card drive problems via cable or USB OTG adapter. I have no problems with SD card drive or other external media (USB flash drive, external SSD).

It was always just this issue of connecting to 2 Android devices via cable directly or USB OTG adapter. And unfortunately the other Android device does not appear in MiXplorer or other file manager apps.

The same access request you see appears in other File Manager apps that support USB OTG.

Yes exactly we wait and see what the developer has to say.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mikdac For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mikdac Ad-Free
3rd February 2020, 05:04 AM |#32033  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 8,686

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marciozomb13

Man, you are the best in matter of patience, you are the voice to keep the balance in this thread, a much needed user, keep it up here and in the real life.

ROTFL I'm so rarely accused of being patient. It is an honour.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
3rd February 2020, 05:05 AM |#32034  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 8,686

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikdac

I understand it all and thanks that you as a user give many tips. But unfortunately they don't work.

Those were diagnostic suggestions in the interest of troubleshooting any MiX bugs. They were not tips merely to fix your devices. Remember, we are here to support development of the app as well as fix your issues, and to do either it is expected that you include logs and full device details.

Quote:

But you have misunderstood a little bit.

You should know that I never said anything about SD card drive problems via cable or USB OTG adapter. I have no problems with SD card drive or other external media (USB flash drive, external SSD).

I had to re-read the posts to figure this out. Technically it could be said that I misunderstood but it would be more accurate to say that the miscommunication occurred because you donā€™t read what is written, and you repeat the description of your problem over and over while refusing to provide expected details. Your description was not accurate and you did not clarify that your OTG for SD was working when it was mentioned..

Quote:

It was always just this issue of connecting to 2 Android devices via cable directly or USB OTG adapter. And unfortunately the other Android device does not appear in MiXplorer or other file manager apps.

The same access request you see appears in other File Manager apps that support USB OTG.

That is why I did full tests and reports from 2 sets of devices/adaptors/cables and included the expected details in those reports. Somebody had to provide those details but you were too busy repeating the general description of the issue. You are welcome.

Quote:

Yes exactly we wait and see what the developer has to say.

Might it be suggested then that if you would like exclusive communication with the developer that you use email rather than a public forum.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
3rd February 2020, 05:21 AM |#32035  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 2,692

More
Quote:

ROTFL I'm so rarely accused of being patient. It is an honour.

I gotta admit, it would be a lot more entertaining if you lost it just once. and I do mean once.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DiamondJohn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DiamondJohn Ad-Free
3rd February 2020, 02:55 PM |#32036  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
SFTP Private Key Issue
Hello,
I'm using version 6.42.3 and almost everything works perfect except connecting to a Server (Linux Centos 7.4) from LOS 17 (Samsung A70) via SFTP by using public private key authentication. The server does NOT support password authentication. Connection with ConnectBot works.

1. First I tried to use the working private key from Connectbot by exporting it to a text file folder on my SDCard. In SFTP Advanced settings added path and filename to pem_private_key_path. On connect MIXPLORER complains about an incorrect key format, I guess it's because Connectbot starts keys with -----BEGIN PRIVATE KEY----- instead of -----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY-----. Changing the header results in 'Expected DER Integer, but found type 48'

2. Then I created a new public private key pair RSA 2048 at the linux box with a Passphrase and exported the private key to the SDCARD. When trying to establish a connection MIXPLORER no outputs an error 'PEM is encrypted but no password was specified' which is definitive wrong.

Does anyone have a clue what kind of private key MIXPLORER accepts for SFTP and how this can be resolved??
Thank you in advance!
Martin
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to inventcom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift inventcom Ad-Free
3rd February 2020, 03:45 PM |#32037  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by inventcom

Hello,
I'm using version 6.42.3 and almost everything works perfect except connecting to a Server (Linux Centos 7.4) from LOS 17 (Samsung A70) via SFTP by using public private key authentication. The server does NOT support password authentication. Connection with ConnectBot works.

1. First I tried to use the working private key from Connectbot by exporting it to a text file folder on my SDCard. In SFTP Advanced settings added path and filename to pem_private_key_path. On connect MIXPLORER complains about an incorrect key format, I guess it's because Connectbot starts keys with -----BEGIN PRIVATE KEY----- instead of -----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY-----. Changing the header results in 'Expected DER Integer, but found type 48'

2. Then I created a new public private key pair RSA 2048 at the linux box with a Passphrase and exported the private key to the SDCARD. When trying to establish a connection MIXPLORER no outputs an error 'PEM is encrypted but no password was specified' which is definitive wrong.

Does anyone have a clue what kind of private key MIXPLORER accepts for SFTP and how this can be resolved??
Thank you in advance!
Martin

Hi, Thank you!
Set passphrase=YOUR PASSWORD in the Advanced Settings of the bookmark item and try again.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to HootanParsa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd February 2020, 04:28 PM |#32038  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
SFTP Private Key Issue
Quote:
Originally Posted by HootanParsa

Hi, Thank you!
Set passphrase=YOUR PASSWORD in the Advanced Settings of the bookmark item and try again.

Hootan,
thank you, works perfect! To summarize for me and others:
1. Create a RSA public private key pair on a linux box with a passphrase
2. Add the public key to authorized_keys or authorized_keys2 (cat id_rsa.pub >> ~/.ssh/authorized_keys2)
3. Copy the private key to a location readable by the Android device + make it readable chmod 770 id_rsa
4. Copy it to the SDCARD of the device
5. Setup a SFTP connection in MiXPLORER, enter a Username but no password
6. Add path to and name of the private key to pem_private_key_path
7. Add a line with passphrase=yourpassword to Advanced settings

Martin
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to inventcom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift inventcom Ad-Free
3rd February 2020, 05:48 PM |#32039  
OP Recognized Developer

More
A new build is uploaded.

MiX v6.43.0 B20020320

• Optimized deleting folders on Sd Card. If there is an error, let me know.
  • Fixed reusing TLS session key for FTP client in Android Pie+.
  • Added an option to create home screen shortcut for an AutoTask.
  • Fixed the new uploading issue in Mail.Ru.
  • Added 2FA support for Mail.Ru.
  • Added 'Overwrite if it's not equal' in 'File Exists' dialog, if it's supported by storage.
  • Fixed 'Fullscreen' option in Image Viewer, Content Viewer and eBook Reader.
  • Fixed the new login issue in Mega.nz.
  • Added 'Type' option in the Search dialog.
  • And some other tiny fixes and changes.

LOG How to report a bug
FAQ MiXplorer Q&A and FAQ (User Manual)
By @IronTechmonkey
The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to HootanParsa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd February 2020, 05:49 PM |#32040  
Thanks Meter: 96

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HootanParsa

What is the files extension?

.flac and .mp3 but mostly .flac, but I think Tagger just don't let you clear a field, or not? Not sure if that depends on the media files.
The Following User Says Thank You to x2k13 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift x2k13 Ad-Free
3rd February 2020, 06:08 PM |#32041  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by x2k13

.flac and .mp3 but mostly .flac, but I think Tagger just don't let you clear a field, or not? Not sure if that depends on the media files.

I selected two MP3 files and entered a space in 'Artists' field and saved it. Artists tag got deleted in both files. If it's not working for you, please give me more information. Thanks!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HootanParsa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
chm, cloud, encfs, epub, mix

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)