FORUMS

[FAQ] Olympus (Atrix 4G) Kernel 3.1 Project (a.k.a. Android 4.x Kernel)

89 posts
Thanks Meter: 175

By m1k3_, Member on 10th April 2013, 04:37 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th May 2015, 05:17 PM |#621  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmbeach05

We have guides for that

Sent from my ATRIX HD using XDA Free mobile app

Where can I find that guide?
14th May 2015, 05:26 PM |#622  
Thanks Meter: 1,356

Donate to Me
More
"It's not easy" or "It's too hard" were never good excuses around here.

Where is the guide? Right here, on XDA.
The Following User Says Thank You to ravilov For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ravilov Ad-Free
14th May 2015, 05:42 PM |#623  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
XDA have never been polite. I don't know why did I ask. Thanks guys for your nice help.
14th May 2015, 11:00 PM |#624  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacte

XDA have never been polite. I don't know why did I ask. Thanks guys for your nice help.

But all it takes is learning how to use that super scary feature called the search bar, even if not on xda, and search for how to build a kernel (include android if not searching on xda). That will give you every set of direction you need. Or perhaps android.com's developer section will tell you what to do as well. This isn't rocket science, its a lack of willingness to do the research. And if we did a bit more digging, we would have found the old script thread on how to build the 3.1.10 kernel. But no, members nowadays take too much offense to senior members giving suggestions to do research instead of just providing links to the material being sought after. Senior members who used this device have moved on, so its up to those who still use this device as a daily to continue development, unless you're like Quarx over on the Defy lol.

Sent from my ATRIX HD using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to palmbeach05 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift palmbeach05 Ad-Free
2nd July 2015, 10:51 PM |#625  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Android M fingerprint
The M version with Android fingerprint reader support is given.Integrated in the device.Google the codes you share it can be very easy to make it work now Atrix fingerprint.Krystan comment on the subject?
8th September 2019, 01:44 AM |#626  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
does HDMI work
And does fingerprint scanner work

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 PM ----------

where can i get the file that work with HDMI and/or scanner

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 PM ----------

what is a good rom to go with kernel 3.1.10
8th September 2019, 02:23 AM |#627  
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONEMaldor

does HDMI work
And does fingerprint scanner work

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 PM ----------

where can i get the file that work with HDMI and/or scanner

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 PM ----------

what is a good rom to go with kernel 3.1.10

I have already addressed fingerprint scanner. It is a no go when using this kernel. If you want fingerprint scanner support, you will remain on gingerbread.

HDMI does work using AtrICS, but with an updated kernel. There are links in that thread. If you could not find it, i would have been more than willing to dig through my old files and upload it for your use.

CM10 with old kernel appears to support HDMI
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...81970&page=589

All the roms are good, they are useable and stable enough for daily use. This question sounds a little too close to whats the best rom. You have 4.0, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, and 4.4 which are stable for daily use. Beyobd that, not even i have tried it out as i am focused on my daily device.

I jumped offline for a short bit and see you have started to go down the road of multi thread spamming. Stop it. You have to remember that most if not all have moved on (remember, this phone is compatible with 3G, but not LTE or now 5G).
8th September 2019, 02:44 AM |#628  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I am now trying to go back to 2.3.4 so I can root and root and unlock the bootloader, is this possible, can you help me I am just trying to get other peoples help
Nothing against you palmbeach05

---------- Post added at 12:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 AM ----------

this is the exact on i am trying to get to 2.3.4/4.5.91
8th September 2019, 05:21 AM |#629  
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONEMaldor

I am now trying to go back to 2.3.4 so I can root and root and unlock the bootloader, is this possible, can you help me I am just trying to get other peoples help
Nothing against you palmbeach05

---------- Post added at 12:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 AM ----------

this is the exact on i am trying to get to 2.3.4/4.5.91

I just checked my phone and saw this post. The preinstall i send you will work on 2.3.4 or 2.3.6
3rd February 2020, 11:43 PM |#630  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
looking for cm 9 zip for my atrix
could not use the links given on the first page the olympus, they led to a paige that said xda no longer recommends dev host
please anyone
thanks
william

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

pardon
anyone have working cm 9 zip link
the ones on the first page don't work anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravilov

Yeah, that's not right. Traditionally, Blur-based ROMs have always been on ext3 while CM-based ones are (usually) on ext4. Linux on my laptop is on ext4 too even though it is on an SSD. If you look at your own phone I'm sure you'll find it is on ext3/4 as well. What other filesystem would you use anyway?
They both use journal btw.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)