Post Reply Email Thread
5th February 2020, 10:00 PM |#14361  
Thanks Meter: 1,284

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spo0cky ^^

Does adaway work with Android 10 ?

Pls put 10 to the search box (top-right) and find posts about Q
The Following User Says Thank You to zgfg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zgfg Ad-Free
6th February 2020, 01:38 PM |#14362  
Flag Cluj Napoca
Thanks Meter: 510

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Yes.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dor71 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dor71 Ad-Free
6th February 2020, 02:13 PM |#14363  
Thanks Meter: 246

More
Quote:

It was already mentioned several times here in the thread but for safety:

Be sure that you use systemless mode in AdAway and that the Magisk Module "Systemless Hosts" is active.
The Following User Says Thank You to dhacke For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dhacke Ad-Free
6th February 2020, 06:20 PM |#14364  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Thx dhacke, that helped me a lot.

Greetz Spo0cky
The Following User Says Thank You to Spo0cky ^^ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Spo0cky ^^ Ad-Free
6th February 2020, 06:57 PM |#14365  
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 766

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhacke

It was already mentioned several times here in the thread but for safety:

Be sure that you use systemless mode in AdAway and that the Magisk Module "Systemless Hosts" is active.

For me it works also with directly modify system partition without even tripping safetynet.
6th February 2020, 07:19 PM |#14366  
Thanks Meter: 246

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xell75

For me it works also with directly modify system partition without even tripping safetynet.

Yes if your system is read-write you don't need to use the workaround with systemless mode.
Then you are lucky person. My pixel is read-only and in such cases the mentioned workaround is needed.
6th February 2020, 08:04 PM |#14367  
Forum Moderator
Flag Deep Space Station K7
Thanks Meter: 3,193

More
Not too mention that if you are using Magisk v19.4+, even if your partition layout permits mounting "system", you need to know to mount / not / system.

For many users, it's really just easier to work within the design and use systemless.

The answer really is, to know how to install on your device, you need to become familiar with your device.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ktmom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ktmom Ad-Free
8th February 2020, 12:50 AM |#14368  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcu

Super helpful - thanks!

For those with the same CNN app issue, I needed to white-list BOTH:
1) config.outturner.com
2) geolocation.onetrust.com

I do now see at least 1 ad on CNN but the trade-off is the app works so far...

CNN has started acting up again with the "Unknown Error. Try again" issue, even after whitelisting those 2. It worked great for like a month after the whitelist & now it is back to the same ol same ol. Are you experiencing the same problem with your app?

Update:
Never mind, I figured it out by whitelisting "*.turner.com" in addition to the above two. So it is working great now. Thanks!
8th February 2020, 03:53 AM |#14369  
Thanks Meter: 82

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nansah

CNN has started acting up again with the "Unknown Error. Try again" issue, even after whitelisting those 2. It worked great for like a month after the whitelist & now it is back to the same ol same ol. Are you experiencing the same problem with your app?

Update:
Never mind, I figured it out by whitelisting "*.turner.com" in addition to the above two. So it is working great now. Thanks!

Actually a couple of days after my post back then, I was able to UN-whitelist those 2 urls without that Unknown Error occurring. Still going strong today too... Think it had to do with some random ad that the CNN app needed to display and once the ad post was no longer newsworthy, the AdAway issues stopped.
8th February 2020, 03:58 AM |#14370  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcu

Actually a couple of days after my post back then, I was able to UN-whitelist those 2 urls without that Unknown Error occurring. Still going strong today too... Think it had to do with some random ad that the CNN app needed to display and once the ad post was no longer newsworthy, the AdAway issues stopped.

Oh ok, thanks for sharing 👍🏽
12th February 2020, 07:37 PM |#14371  
Thanks Meter: 112

More
I have a problem with adaway. It is blocking the indeed app. If i disable adaway, indeed app will load. If i enable it, network is not available. I tried adding to the whitelist "www.indeed.com" and still it doesnt work. Please assist
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ad block, adaway, adblock, adblocker, source

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)