FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Guide] Nook Color Installation Instructions for CM 10.1.2 on SD + V6 (simplified):

33 posts
Thanks Meter: 14

By eltrkbrd, Member on 21st July 2013, 08:49 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st January 2014, 08:39 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DickTater

"write the generic-sdcard-v1.3-CM7-9-10-10.1-larger-Rev6.img file to the formatted MicroSD card. Make sure you choose the correct drive letter otherwise you will erase the wrong drive! Eject the USB MicroSD card/adapter from the PC and reinsert it back into the PC (select "continue without scanning" if prompted by Windows)"

Writing the image seemed to go fine. But when I reinserted the USB MicroSD card/adapter back into the PC, it does not recognize it. It cannot see it as a drive. Now I cannot even reformat the MicroSD card and start over.
Any ideas?

I had the same problem as your which I couldn't reformat the micro SD with Windows, but I used the NC to reformat the micro SD and I put it back to windows then it saw it. Hope this help
22nd January 2014, 11:55 PM |#22  
Flag Baltimore

More
No Play Store
I would first like to say thanks for the well written instructions. I followed everything to a tee, but when it booted up, I had no Play Store. I included the GApps on my MicroSD Card but I don't have it installed on the Nook Color. Any suggestions?
I also wanted to know if I need to keep that memory card in the Nook at all times.
23rd January 2014, 03:57 AM |#23  
Flag Baltimore

More
Nevermind...got it working.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using XDA Premium HD app
18th February 2014, 04:54 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Awesome Tutorial, thanks a bunch. My old Nook is kickin ass again.
27th February 2014, 02:16 AM |#25  

More
Copying to NC Rom
Thank you so much for the instruction on how to do this.
I am also finding this running a bit slow. Would it run faster if I just overwrote the NC Rom?

Either way, I'm done with the Nook and want to take the next step to overwriting the Rom, is there a simple way of doing this?

JT
6th December 2014, 06:56 PM |#26  

More
Thanks
Thanks for the simplified instructions for installing android on my nook Color They are certified idiot proof. I supplied the nook and the idiot and it works perfectly
The Following User Says Thank You to redtail6 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift redtail6 Ad-Free
21st June 2019, 10:39 AM |#27  

More
Hello,
I see it's an old thread but I have just used it and I am bringing it to the surface

I got a Nook Color which was taking dust in my office
Thanks a lot for your guide which allowed me to install CM 10.1.2
Its a very clear and detailed tutorial
The nice thing is you provide all the files needed , which are not available any more on most of the corresponding URL links.

I have however a problem in part 3 of your guide ( I skipped part2)

At am stuck at step 5.) in your README3.txt:
I cannot choose "SD Card Alternate" option because it is not highlighted.....
The only highlighted options are
- Internal eMMC Normal
- Internal eMMC Recovery
- SD Card Normal
- SD Card Recovery

the not highlighted and so not available options are
-Internal eMMC Alternate
and
-SD Card Alternate

Can you please help me about this problem
Thanks a lot
Regards from France,
JC
13th February 2020, 01:30 AM |#28  
Flag Queen Creek

More
Maximum SD card size and type + Thanks for these instructions
I just wanted to ask a quick questions, as to what the recommended maximum SD storage card size, and what type. My initial install was on a 4GB SD card, not sure what type it is. The UX is somewhat sluggish, and I am sure that the SD card which I am initially using is sub-par. Any tips or pointers in terms of utilizing the best SD card for this application (aka compute platform) would be appreciated. I am somewhat of a Noob , and appreciate the detailed documentation.
thanks again - B-
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm 10.1.2, guide, nook color, service.jar, v6 supercharger

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)