Note 10+ vs S20 Ultra 5G

Search This thread

oneandroidnut

Jun 5, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Nope not getting it , It's not a upgrade from Note10 Plus to a S20 , basically it's a downgrade, so i won't downgrade, I'll wait for the Note11 or Note20 what ever they will call it. So for now I'll stay on my Note10 Plus, Also the Note10 Plus will still be better till i get the Note11 or Note20.

Sent from my SM-N975U using XDA Labs

Not quite sure how it is a downgrade... better cpu/gpu, bigger screen, bigger battery, better screen, better refresh rate, better touch input, more cameras, better zooms, better front camera. Only negative and it is a sizable one is price

Reactions: winol

speedyjay

Oct 22, 2011
Farnborough
Not quite sure how it is a downgrade... better cpu/gpu, bigger screen, bigger battery, better screen, better refresh rate, better touch input, more cameras, better zooms, better front camera. Only negative and it is a sizable one is price
Ooooo look out the better screen input army is coming for you. Listen mate, when push comes to shove, you're going to pick your phone up and tap on the screen like the rest of us...who cares if it recognises your input at 240hz? I sure as **** couldnt give a rats arse! Yeah it's a better CPU, but it's a marginal performance increase. Yeah it's a bigger screen....0.1in....can hardly call it bigger. Yeah it's a bigger battery....only by 500mAh - whoopdy doo!! The refresh rate....oh no, look out here comes 120hz at 1080p...that's not using the display to its full potential of 1440p. Only thing that is different is the amount of RAM you get (16GB Maximum, and most of us struggle to use the 12GB we already have!) And the cameras....which the quality is going to look the same until you print the photos....that's the one and only time megapixels matter. It's not a justifiable reason to "upgrade" to a phone with only a couple of upgrades.....

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Reactions: NefilEx and winol

mrlugo88

Nov 27, 2012
Las Vegas
Ooooo look out the better screen input army is coming for you. Listen mate, when push comes to shove, you're going to pick your phone up and tap on the screen like the rest of us...who cares if it recognises your input at 240hz? I sure as **** couldnt give a rats arse! Yeah it's a better CPU, but it's a marginal performance increase. Yeah it's a bigger screen....0.1in....can hardly call it bigger. Yeah it's a bigger battery....only by 500mAh - whoopdy doo!! The refresh rate....oh no, look out here comes 120hz at 1080p...that's not using the display to its full potential of 1440p. Only thing that is different is the amount of RAM you get (16GB Maximum, and most of us struggle to use the 12GB we already have!) And the cameras....which the quality is going to look the same until you print the photos....that's the one and only time megapixels matter. It's not a justifiable reason to "upgrade" to a phone with only a couple of upgrades.....

Not a very well put argument there. He said it's not a downgrade and it isn't. Everything is upgraded from the Note 10+ to the S20 Ultra. Now, whether these upgrades are ones you feel are worth moving on from the Note is a personal choice. But there's no question that what this phone has brings upgrades. I'm sure when the Note 20 Ultra comes out with these specs and the SPen you'll think it's an upgrade and probably jump on it.

Reactions: winol

speedyjay

Oct 22, 2011
Farnborough
Not a very well put argument there. He said it's not a downgrade and it isn't. Everything is upgraded from the Note 10+ to the S20 Ultra. Now, whether these upgrades are ones you feel are worth moving on from the Note is a personal choice. But there's no question that what this phone has brings upgrades. I'm sure when the Note 20 Ultra comes out with these specs and the SPen you'll think it's an upgrade and probably jump on it.
Minimal upgrades in terms of the cameras and megapixel count - which means nothing until you print the pics out. The image displayed on screen is still either going to be displayed in 1080p or 1440p depending on your settings. These "upgrades" aren't worthy of the £1,300 price tag....I'm sticking with my Note 10+. And FYI, the S line has always had minimal upgrades compared to the Note device. So when the N20 (if that's what Samsung call it) gets announced, it'll come with more upgrades specs than that of the S20 Ultra. So yeah, I'm sure I speak for all the Note 10+ users who aren't switching that we will be switching to the N20...because the upgrades will be more significant than the S20 Ultra....

mrlugo88

Nov 27, 2012
Las Vegas
Minimal upgrades in terms of the cameras and megapixel count - which means nothing until you print the pics out. The image displayed on screen is still either going to be displayed in 1080p or 1440p depending on your settings. These "upgrades" aren't worthy of the £1,300 price tag....I'm sticking with my Note 10+. And FYI, the S line has always had minimal upgrades compared to the Note device. So when the N20 (if that's what Samsung call it) gets announced, it'll come with more upgrades specs than that of the S20 Ultra. So yeah, I'm sure I speak for all the Note 10+ users who aren't switching that we will be switching to the N20...because the upgrades will be more significant than the S20 Ultra....

"Minimal upgrades" is a matter of opinion. Some may not feel the way you do. I agree that it's not worth the price they are asking but that doesn't mean it's not an upgraded device from Note 10+. I actually prefer the squared look of the Note and of course the SPen. But if these exact specs came to the next Note we'd all jump on them and consider it an upgrade.

Reactions: AeroSatan

speedyjay

Oct 22, 2011
Farnborough
"Minimal upgrades" is a matter of opinion. Some may not feel the way you do. I agree that it's not worth the price they are asking but that doesn't mean it's not an upgraded device from Note 10+. I actually prefer the squared look of the Note and of course the SPen. But if these exact specs came to the next Note we'd all jump on them and consider it an upgrade.
But they won't be the "exact specs" because the Note line of devices have always been a notable upgrade, significant upgrade, a worthy upgrade from the S line. It's not a matter of opinion, it's fact....yeah, the S20 Ultra has a 120hz display but only at 1080p, that's not using the display to its full potential. 5000mAh battery....500mAh more than we have now. 16GB RAM....we struggle to use the 12 we already have. Please tell me how these are significant upgrades..? Cameras....yeah they have a better megapixel count and the pixel sizes are better - but that doesn't matter if you're not printing your photos. The pictures you take will still be displayed in 1080p or 1440p. So really, unless you're a hardcore photographer, the camera isn't really an upgrade either....

winol

Jan 18, 2010
COATZACOALCOS
I will keep my note 10+ until 2021, when note 12+, or what name it will have, comes out, a two year cycle is good enough for me, I gave my beloved note 8 to my son, and it runs very, very well, my son gets even more juice from it than I ever did, and it is still running on Nougat!

Reactions: AeroSatan

mrlugo88

Nov 27, 2012
Las Vegas
But they won't be the "exact specs" because the Note line of devices have always been a notable upgrade, significant upgrade, a worthy upgrade from the S line. It's not a matter of opinion, it's fact....yeah, the S20 Ultra has a 120hz display but only at 1080p, that's not using the display to its full potential. 5000mAh battery....500mAh more than we have now. 16GB RAM....we struggle to use the 12 we already have. Please tell me how these are significant upgrades..? Cameras....yeah they have a better megapixel count and the pixel sizes are better - but that doesn't matter if you're not printing your photos. The pictures you take will still be displayed in 1080p or 1440p. So really, unless you're a hardcore photographer, the camera isn't really an upgrade either....

Really? What huge upgrades did we see from the S10 plus to the Note 10 plus? Why you choose to minimize the upgrades in the S20 Ultra is beyond me because most, if not all, of the "minimal upgrades" will come to the Note line. At any rate, you're convinced of what you want to believe so I'm finished with this.

I realize that I didn't answer the question myself. I really like the upgrades but with the price and lack of SPen I cant do it. I don't use my Pen as much as I want or thought I would but I would definitely miss it if I didn't have it. So I'm holding off and keeping my Note 10+.

oneandroidnut

Jun 5, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra

Better CPU that has a marginal performance increase but remember the 5G modem is on the SOC so better performance and better power drain. Those are big. Battery size was increased from 4300 mah to 5000 mah, more then 500..... Screen rate at 1080p to 1440p isn't that much of a difference I doubt if you can't tell the difference in 240hz touch you can tell the difference in 1400 or 1080. Ram isn't a big deal and have to get the even more expensive 512 gb model. Megapixels don't matter that much anymore it is all about how much light you can take in. The optical zoom from 2x on the note 10 plus to lets say 3-5x zoom rumored on the s20 ultra isn't an upgrade? Yet it is probably going to be doubled :fingers-crossed:

Last edited by a moderator:

speedyjay

Oct 22, 2011
Farnborough
Better CPU that has a marginal performance increase but remember the 5G modem is on the SOC so better performance and better power drain. Those are big. Battery size was increased from 4300 mah to 5000 mah, more then 500..... Screen rate at 1080p to 1440p isn't that much of a difference I doubt if you can't tell the difference in 240hz touch you can tell the difference in 1400 or 1080. Ram isn't a big deal and have to get the even more expensive 512 gb model. Megapixels don't matter that much anymore it is all about how much light you can take in. The optical zoom from 2x on the note 10 plus to lets say 3-5x zoom rumored on the s20 ultra isn't an upgrade? Yet it is probably going to be doubled :fingers-crossed:

So don't say it isn't worth it especially if you don't have your facts straight!
Ooooo 700mAh....big deal. The 5G modem means absolutely nothing....BOTH support Sub6 and mmwave...sooooo. Even if the cameras have more megapixels or can zoom more or whatever, they're still going to look the same.

Last edited by a moderator:

Badger50

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
Hello to all. While I appreciate passionate, spirited debate, there are more constructive ways to go about it. Please be respectful toward each other, and don't let things get too out of hand. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated. Now back to your regularly scheduled (on topic) program.:cool:

VICosPhi

Aug 2, 2010
Phoenix
Samsung should have added eSIM(for USA) and made 256Gb storage as base for S20

Disappointed to see the same old specs at these prices

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

kxdaorbit

Oct 11, 2009
Here's the kicker...

When the new note come out this year, and it's the s20 with a stylus.. is it worth the upgrade then ..
Lol
No for people like myself, the upgrades wouldn't be large enough this year to justify throwing my hard earned pennies at it.

The key feature that would trigger me, will be when all sensors are embedded under the screen. No 'notches' or 'puncholes', no matter how small, just beautiful unobstructed screen.

Yes for some, because it will be an updated 'Note' fullstop, the stylus being the key.

Reactions: shagy38

Subham jyoti

Mar 30, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Megapixels and extra zoom lens are not very relevant for smartphones unless you print your pictures or screen them on a XXL Television.
I was hoping Samsung would increase the quality of the wide angle lens as that's the lens I use the most(just personal thing;)) and since it has a wider field it definitely needs more megapixels.
I believe computational photography is the key for smartphones. As long as Samsung focuses on this camera quality should be fine.
There's a reason why Google and Apple are the masters of smartphone photography/ videography.
Again fanboys are gonna criticise me.;)
I have used/ tried IPhones and Pixels but I'm typing this message on my note 10 plus. This phone feels like an all- rounder. It's does nothing best but as a package this has been one favourite investments.

speedyjay

Oct 22, 2011
Farnborough
Megapixels and extra zoom lens are not very relevant for smartphones unless you print your pictures or screen them on a XXL Television.
I was hoping Samsung would increase the quality of the wide angle lens as that's the lens I use the most(just personal thing;)) and since it has a wider field it definitely needs more megapixels.
I believe computational photography is the key for smartphones. As long as Samsung focuses on this camera quality should be fine.
There's a reason why Google and Apple are the masters of smartphone photography/ videography.
Again fanboys are gonna criticise me.;)
I have used/ tried IPhones and Pixels but I'm typing this message on my note 10 plus. This phone feels like an all- rounder. It's does nothing best but as a package this has been one favourite investments.
I 100% agree with you buddy. People are like "ahh the cameras are better yada yada yada" yeah, they're better on paper but you won't see a difference on the display until you print the pictures. The CPU is only marginally better - about 15-20%, not enough to see any notable increase in performance. I 100% understand that it's a flagship but on this occasion, it seems the S20 Ultra is an incremental update of our Note 10+....

Last edited:
I 100% agree with you buddy. People are like "ahh the cameras are better yada yada yada" yeah, they're better on paper but you won't see a difference on the display until you print the pictures. The CPU is only marginally better - about 15-20%, not enough to see any notable increase in performance. I 100% understand that it's a flagship but on this occasion, it seems the S20 Ultra is an incremental update of our Note 10+....
Agree , i am gonna see what the Note20 offers better than S20 of course , plus i use spen alot so i only upgrade Note to Note since they will always be better than the S series.

Reactions: ad44891

_Dennis_

Agree , i am gonna see what the Note20 offers better than S20 of course , plus i use spen alot so i only upgrade Note to Note since they will always be better than the S series.

But the next S series will be better than the note.....

Honestly I love the S-Pen too, so I try to stay on Notes though I stray often and much to my finances dismay :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here's the kicker...

When the new note come out this year, and it's the s20 with a stylus.. is it worth the upgrade then ..
    Lol

Really? What huge upgrades did we see from the S10 plus to the Note 10 plus? Why you choose to minimize the upgrades in the S20 Ultra is beyond me because most, if not all, of the "minimal upgrades" will come to the Note line. At any rate, you're convinced of what you want to believe so I'm finished with this.

I realize that I didn't answer the question myself. I really like the upgrades but with the price and lack of SPen I cant do it. I don't use my Pen as much as I want or thought I would but I would definitely miss it if I didn't have it. So I'm holding off and keeping my Note 10+.

Hello to all. While I appreciate passionate, spirited debate, there are more constructive ways to go about it. Please be respectful toward each other, and don't let things get too out of hand. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated. Now back to your regularly scheduled (on topic) program.:cool:
    Nope not getting it , It's not a upgrade from Note10 Plus to a S20 , basically it's a downgrade, so i won't downgrade, I'll wait for the Note11 or Note20 what ever they will call it. So for now I'll stay on my Note10 Plus, Also the Note10 Plus will still be better till i get the Note11 or Note20.