FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[OFFICIAL][TOOL][WINDOWS] ADB, Fastboot and Drivers - 15 seconds ADB Installer v1.4.3

207 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,672

By Snoop05, Senior Member on 29th December 2013, 02:40 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th January 2020, 05:27 PM |#1651  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsww

This is much easier than me typing out instructions.

ok thank you.. i will try device specific later at home..
if its still a problem..can i get back to you?
cause i tried :adb install samsungapps.apk
then comes the failure install failed invalid apk..
26th January 2020, 05:54 PM |#1652  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastprime

Whenever I put my redmi note 7 in fastboot mode and type fastboot devices on my pc, my phone shows up. However, after a few seconds I type fastboot devices again and my phone is now a bunch of question marks like ?????????. A few seconds later, there are no devices listed. What should I do? I have all the drivers installed and have tried all the usb ports on my pc. Should I buy another usb-c cable? Someone online said to buy another usb-c cable if I saw the question marks.

Thanks!

Did you try to uninstall and reinstall the drivers?

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit.tiger12

I use this ADB installer 1.4.3 (quoted above)
I used it on windows 7, 8.1 and 10 (latest build)
No issue at all..
You need to run as administrator before installation..
Why you all people getting different error message I don't know..
And install it system wide..
There is no need to set path.

Most people who are encountering issues either need v to perform a PC Reset or run the "sfc /scannow" command to fix any corrupted system files within Windows.
26th January 2020, 07:57 PM |#1653  
Toronto, Ontario, Canada/Hampton, Virginia, USA
Thanks Meter: 1,078

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dante2903

ok thank you.. i will try device specific later at home..
if its still a problem..can i get back to you?
cause i tried :adb install samsungapps.apk
then comes the failure install failed invalid apk..

Sure! The apk name and actual file name of the package are more than likely different. You need to use the specific file name of the apk you are trying to install and make sure the path is correct as well.
27th January 2020, 04:30 AM |#1654  
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodken

Most people who are encountering issues either need v to perform a PC Reset or run the "sfc /scannow" command to fix any corrupted system files within Windows.

Okay sorry to hear that, I'm not developer of this software, I update only drivers and SDK Platform tools files inside software.
Check the latest version available here.. if it helps..
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...979&p=80735899

Or you can use minimal adb and fastboot
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2317790
11th February 2020, 04:01 PM |#1655  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
got in log:
ERROR: Invalid syntax. Default option is not allowed more than '2' time(s).
Type "SETX /?" for usage.[COLOR="Silver"]

installer run with admin rights
13th February 2020, 09:50 PM |#1656  

More
ADB and Fastboot, Windows XP, "Error during execution "install.bat"
I'm a noob who joined this forum to try to keep my old phone and tablet working.
I am trying to upgrade an LG Volt LS740 to Android 5.0. Have invested several hours with no love returned yet. I would love to read all 166 pages of this thread in search of a solution but I have but one lifetime.
I am using a Windows XP Pro pc. LG United Mobile Driver vers. 3.10.1.0 is already installed on this machine. Driver Signing is set to Ignore (System Default.) Antivirus (Avast free version) is disabled.

I began with instructions here:
dottech.org/21534/how-to-install-adb-and-fastboot-on-your-windows-computer-for-use-with-your-android-phone
This page has a link to adb version 1.4.2. I downloaded and was able to run the program as Administrator, chose System Wide option, but 0 files copied.

Then I found the first page of this thread and downloaded 1.4.3. When attempting to install as Administrator, I get the "Error during execution "install.bat". Access is denied."

I have no clue where to go from here.
14th February 2020, 03:57 AM |#1657  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1124

I'm a noob who joined this forum to try to keep my old phone and tablet working.
I am trying to upgrade an LG Volt LS740 to Android 5.0. Have invested several hours with no love returned yet. I would love to read all 166 pages of this thread in search of a solution but I have but one lifetime.
I am using a Windows XP Pro pc. LG United Mobile Driver vers. 3.10.1.0 is already installed on this machine. Driver Signing is set to Ignore (System Default.) Antivirus (Avast free version) is disabled.

I began with instructions here:
dottech.org/21534/how-to-install-adb-and-fastboot-on-your-windows-computer-for-use-with-your-android-phone
This page has a link to adb version 1.4.2. I downloaded and was able to run the program as Administrator, chose System Wide option, but 0 files copied.

Then I found the first page of this thread and downloaded 1.4.3. When attempting to install as Administrator, I get the "Error during execution "install.bat". Access is denied."

I have no clue where to go from here.

I discovered the solution after I posted this. The information was in another post to this thread, but it was disguised in technical jargon and I could not comprehend what was being said. (This often occurs when people write without considering the limitations of their readers.)

So for anyone else struggling with the "Error during execution "install.bat". Access is denied." issue on a Windows XP pc, here is what worked for me. (This may work on other Windows versions.) I was logged in as Administrator when I did this.

1. Download the zip file adb-setup-1.4.3.zip.
2. Extract the file adb-setup-1.4.3.exe into any new folder.
3. If you already have 7-zip installed, you are ready for step 4. If not, download and install 7-zip.
4. Right click on the file adb-setup-1.4.3.exe and choose extract files. Select a folder for the destination.
5. Three folders and one file will be shown in the destination folder.
6. Drag the folder titled "adb" into your " C:\ " directory.
7. Double click the folder titled "driver". You will see two installation exe files. One is for 32 bit systems (DPInst_x86.exe) and the other for 64 bit systems (DPInst_x64.exe). Double click on the appropriate file for your system.
8. The installation program will run.
9. Confirm that adb has been installed by opening a command prompt. At the prompt "C:\>" type "adb version". If installation was successful, you will see the installed version. In my case it was "Android Debug Bridge version 1.0.32 Revision eac51f2bb6a8-android".
14th February 2020, 06:08 AM |#1658  
Recognized Contributor
Flag monteverde.org
Thanks Meter: 2,558

More
Re: Warning - ADB Installer v1.4.3 Installs Old ADB 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1124

...1. Download the zip file adb-setup-1.4.3.zip...

...In my case it was "Android Debug Bridge version 1.0.32 Revision eac51f2bb6a8-android".

What you installed is old: Android Debug Bridge version 1.0.32 (2015!)

See Warning - ADB Installer v1.4.3 Installs Old ADB 2015 to fix that & update adb & fastboot as the old version you installed may cause problems with recent devices.

Maybe you missed this in the post #1 of this thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoop05

... Mod edit
In this post it was brought to my attention that this installer installs a very outdated version of ADB and its related tools.
It's highly recommended you use the latest version from this XDA Portal post instead, as it fixes issues with newer devices.
If you wish to proceed, that is of course okay as this installer arguably provides an easier way to get going with ADB for some people, but do know that it's currently very outdated...

The Following User Says Thank You to curiousrom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift curiousrom Ad-Free
Yesterday, 08:50 AM |#1659  

More
Hi all,
Why my win 10 take me this error when i'm trying to install adb drivers?

"The system cannot find the specified path."

thankyou to all!
Yesterday, 11:11 PM |#1660  
Recognized Contributor
Flag monteverde.org
Thanks Meter: 2,558

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by silerone

...Why my win 10 take me this error when i'm trying to install adb drivers?

"The system cannot find the specified path."...

Read the post just above yours & follow the links in it.

I also have a Windows 10 PC, had nothing to install & everything works fine.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adb, driver, fast, fastboot, installer

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)