FORUMS

[APP][1.6+] MM Tracker

118 posts
Thanks Meter: 25
 
By Map Man, Senior Member on 22nd October 2010, 10:08 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th February 2020, 09:20 AM |#781  
Member
Flag Salisbury, Wiltshire
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Great idea
10th February 2020, 04:33 PM |#782  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
If any of the development team is still active and reading this, I wish to offer my assistance in development and maintenance of this product. I am an experienced software engineer of 30+ years (c, c++, ada, js, java, perl). Is the source code available for download or can I join a development group?
10th February 2020, 06:47 PM |#783  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrModbus

If any of the development team is still active and reading this, I wish to offer my assistance in development and maintenance of this product. I am an experienced software engineer of 30+ years (c, c++, ada, js, java, perl). Is the source code available for download or can I join a development group?

The answer seems to be at posts #655 to #659 on this thread. As mentioned there, someone began to decompile and that work can be seen, but it did not progress.
11th February 2020, 11:01 PM |#784  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
After a software update last night this no longer works on my S9+, the three dots are no longer there so I can't access the menu. I've been using this for years, feel like my right arm has been cut off....
Can anyone find a workaround? Please!?!
Thanks
12th February 2020, 02:02 AM |#785  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdid

After a software update last night this no longer works on my S9+, the three dots are no longer there so I can't access the menu. I've been using this for years, feel like my right arm has been cut off....
Can anyone find a workaround? Please!?!
Thanks

There's an app on the play store called "menu button" that can be used as a workaround.
Can even be configured so as to only show a menu button when using mm tracker.
The Following User Says Thank You to pjam For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pjam Ad-Free
12th February 2020, 10:50 AM |#786  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybor

The answer seems to be at posts #655 to #659 on this thread. As mentioned there, someone began to decompile and that work can be seen, but it did not progress.

Pardon me if this seems like a stupid question. If the app has been developed / maintained by users on here, then surely the source code must be available without having to decompile the runtime app? I can fully understand if the developers / maintainers may not want to continue doing so, but they could at least offer the source for others to take up the mantel. That is assuming that it is open source.
12th February 2020, 04:43 PM |#787  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrModbus

Pardon me if this seems like a stupid question. If the app has been developed / maintained by users on here, then surely the source code must be available without having to decompile the runtime app? I can fully understand if the developers / maintainers may not want to continue doing so, but they could at least offer the source for others to take up the mantel. That is assuming that it is open source.

Search the thread for "source code". It seems the original developer did not release it because he was under legal threat. Those who have worked on the program since he ceased development have done so without access to source, by unpacking the .apk and hacking things such as the install directories specified in the .xml prefs files and the like.
14th February 2020, 09:38 AM |#788  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjam

There's an app on the play store called "menu button" that can be used as a workaround.
Can even be configured so as to only show a menu button when using mm tracker.

Thanks for this, I've had a quick play but seems like a bit too much of a faff to be honest.

I've gone with Alpinequest which looks good so far. I haven't navigated with it yet so time will tell.
16th February 2020, 02:51 PM |#789  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Same as pdid, #784

After a software update (Feb 2020) to Android 10 on my Samsung Galaxy S9, unfortunately the best app ever MM Tracker does not now have full functionality. It starts, displays the maps, GPS position shows correctly but the menu is not accessible. The 3 dots, bottom right are missing or pressing the back button does not bring up the menu. Long press on the GPS cross hairs symbol gives an ‘Actions’ menu but that’s all.

Thanks for the ‘menu button’ app suggestion but I couldn’t get it to work with MM Tracker.

I do hope this is not the end of MM Tracker as I and many others find it invaluable and would be very grateful for a fix or a workaround from some genius tech person out there please.
19th February 2020, 02:57 PM |#790  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmtuser001

Same as pdid, #784

Thanks for the ‘menu button’ app suggestion but I couldn’t get it to work with MM Tracker.

Menu button definately works with mm tracker and an S9 because that's what I've got.
21st February 2020, 12:13 PM |#791  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjam

Menu button definately works with mm tracker and an S9 because that's what I've got.

pjam - many thanks.

I reinstalled the 'Menu Button' app and persevered with the large amount of settings. MM Tracker's settings menu is now accessible on my Samsung Galaxy S9, running Android 10, yippee!
I only need the 'settings' menu button showing on the top of the MMTracker screen, tap it and MMT's menu pops up from the bottom bar, wonderful.

At the moment I have to enable (via a prompt) Menu Button's keyboard for it to work then after closing MB restore the Samsung keyboard as default in the phone's
Settings\General management\Language and input\On-screen keyboard which isn't a problem considering the benefit.

Cheers.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
memory map, qct

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes