FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Was this thread helpful?

Yes, I am happy with the replies.

1,190 Vote(s)
59.17%
Yes, kind of.

476 Vote(s)
23.67%
No, needs improvement.

345 Vote(s)
17.16%

[Ask Any Question][Newbie Friendly]

13,781 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,885

By Droidriven, Senior Member on 29th April 2013, 01:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th February 2020, 02:36 PM |#30341  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Question about feasibility of using UART input to control touch
On a Chevy Volts user board we have a diy way to bring AndroidAuto (and carplay) onto the gen 1 volts.

https://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread...hevy-Volt-Gen1

The DIY instructions call for a USB HID touch controller that involves breaking into OEM hardware and interfaces with an Orange Pi running Android 7.0

Part of this setup already has access to the touch screen (HD-Link) and outputs uart serial with touch position data. I would like to hook up the uart directly to the Orange Pi's uart dio pins (have to check voltage logic levels, think its 3.3 and not RS-232 standards for voltage)

My question is what is the feasibility of using the serial input to simulate touch screen input. I imagine that I would have to have Uart Device Callbacks to catch interrupts as the touch screen was pressed, parsing the strings and generating motion events (the part I am unsure of).

I would like to generate only Action Down/Move/Up just as a proof in concept, thanks for any feedback.
14th February 2020, 05:58 AM |#30342  
Flag Kumasi

More
De-brick image for sm-g900t
If you currently have access to an SM-G900T can you please create, upload and send me a link to download de-brick image for my had bricked kltetmo? The last Stock ROM I used on it was the latest MM ROM I could find on SamMobile, that is, G900TUVU1GQC2_G900TTMB1GQC2_G900TUVU1GQC2_HOME.tar .

When I try to boot the device it vibrates intermittently (sometimes) and screen remains off, no Download Mode, no Recovery Mode. Connecting it to the Windows PC shows it listed under Qualcomm_QDLoader_HS-USB in Device Manager. Please help if you can. I can't afford a USB JIG, nor JTAG service a this time. Something went wrong while flashing Magisk Modules in TWRP over an Andoid 10 ROM (LOS 17.1) for klte.
14th February 2020, 02:33 PM |#30343  
Flag Wonosobo,Jawa Tengah
Thanks Meter: 4

Donate to Me
More
My system partition cant be mount as rw even i used
Code:
busybox mount -o rw,remount /system
after installing Magisk
My device is Samsung Galaxy Young 2 with Android 4.4.2

Sent from my Samsung SM-G130H using XDA Labs
14th February 2020, 04:55 PM |#30344  
Forum Moderator
Flag Deep Space Station K7
Thanks Meter: 3,052

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FerryAr

Code:
after installing Magisk

Are you rooted with Magisk? As of Magisk 19.4 SAR changes mean system is now mounted at /
The Following User Says Thank You to ktmom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ktmom Ad-Free
14th February 2020, 04:55 PM |#30345  
Thanks Meter: 1,876

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FerryAr

Code:
after installing Magisk

i'm pretty sure magisk prevents mounting system as rw. not exactly sure the reason. if i understand correctly magisk creates a "fake" system separate from the real system where it does its ..... magic.
hopefully someone will come along and give a better explanation.
The Following User Says Thank You to mrrocketdog For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mrrocketdog Ad-Free
14th February 2020, 04:58 PM |#30346  
Forum Moderator

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrocketdog

hopefully someone will come along and give a better explanation.

Or not 🤪
The Following User Says Thank You to ktmom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ktmom Ad-Free
14th February 2020, 05:02 PM |#30347  

More
so if you could change things in the real system it could possibly cause trouble with magisk's system?
14th February 2020, 06:07 PM |#30348  
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezkbless001

If you currently have access to an SM-G900T can you please create, upload and send me a link to download de-brick image for my had bricked kltetmo? The last Stock ROM I used on it was the latest MM ROM I could find on SamMobile, that is, G900TUVU1GQC2_G900TTMB1GQC2_G900TUVU1GQC2_HOME.tar .

When I try to boot the device it vibrates intermittently (sometimes) and screen remains off, no Download Mode, no Recovery Mode. Connecting it to the Windows PC shows it listed under Qualcomm_QDLoader_HS-USB in Device Manager. Please help if you can. I can't afford a USB JIG, nor JTAG service a this time. Something went wrong while flashing Magisk Modules in TWRP over an Andoid 10 ROM (LOS 17.1) for klte.

A USB jig isn't very expensive, I paid $4 US from eBay.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Droidriven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Droidriven Ad-Free
15th February 2020, 03:27 AM |#30349  
Forum Moderator

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrocketdog

so if you could change things in the real system it could possibly cause trouble with magisk's system?

No, if you are able to edit your device's "system" partition, Magisk should handle that gracefully.

This all gets confusing because Android is transitioning to a new way of handling partitions. This new method allows for adapting the size of a partition during a flash. For example, flashing a GSI system.img that is 2.6GB causes the system partition to get resized. Often, the same slot's product partition needs to be deleted first to give system the room to grow. But then, if you fastboot flash a stock "factory" image back on that device, the system partition shrinks and the product partition grows. It's pretty elegant.

It also introduces fastboot being moved to the user space. Which means fastboot is no longer really part of the bootloader, but an additional location for the bootloader to send you to with the correct command (fastboot reboot fastboot) - that actually seems kinda goofy on the surface.

But all of this really applies to a handful of Google certified Treble devices.

System as Root (SAR) applies to a larger grouping of devices and includes some Treble devices. All SAR really means is, as part of a security feature, system is no longer mounted at /system, but at / . / designates a "root" partition - which is not the same as talking about root privileges; the purpose of using Magisk or other root app. With SAR devices, / (or system) can not be mounted read/write without really knowing what you're doing. This protects the system partition and requires the use of Magisk modules to bind mount over top of the unwriteable system partition.

There was a point, demarked by the release of Magisk 19.4, the decision was made for SAR devices, Magisk would follow the Android lead. So devices that can mount and write to /system (older devices, custom ROMs, ect) still have trouble because system appears at /. There was a flurry of root file explorers updating so they could work within these constraints.

Was this more than you were asking?
15th February 2020, 04:07 AM |#30350  

More
not at all. in fact it helped me to understand better just what the heck is going on with magisk and its rooting.
but i'm still sticking with my S4 for awhile longer.
KK ftw
15th February 2020, 11:42 AM |#30351  

More
WakeLock wifi connnectivity manager schedule periodic scan timer
Guys i got that wakelock +100 pieces, i also disable wifi scanner but it doesnt matter...
How can i fix ?
Device: Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, bricked phone, cwm roms and kernels, help thread, noob, noob friendly, question, rcs in action

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)