It's Arrived ! Any Questions ?

Search This thread

orbital247

Feb 22, 2009
Just setting it up now, feel free to fire any questions at me and i'll do my best to answer !

Build impressions out of the box - solid, premium, hinge seems just right and screen seems excellent.

orbital247

Feb 22, 2009
How many notification icons can the outside screen show at once? Can you customize that screen in any way?

4 notifications at once, basically you get a orange dot next to the time when you get a notification. You then swipe right and the icons appear. You click on an icon and it gives you a small preview of what it is then you can click again and open the phone and it will go directly to that app. Example is an email where it shows the Gmail icon, with a click it will show who its from and the subject then with another click and open of the phone it goes straight to that email.

One small improvement here would be of the outside screen was always on which it is sadly not. There are no customisations unfortunately.

Reactions: mdmogren

varun.gid

Jun 18, 2008
Dubai
4 notifications at once, basically you get a orange dot next to the time when you get a notification. You then swipe right and the icons appear. You click on an icon and it gives you a small preview of what it is then you can click again and open the phone and it will go directly to that app. Example is an email where it shows the Gmail icon, with a click it will show who its from and the subject then with another click and open of the phone it goes straight to that email.

One small improvement here would be of the outside screen was always on which it is sadly not. There are no customisations unfortunately.
Yes I wish we could have an always on option. Using it i realized even preview time is short it just suddenly goes off this mini display. Hopefully someone makes an app or samsung enables always on for the outside display.

mdmogren

Dec 30, 2008
Stuart FL

Agreed, I have had all 4 generations of Pixel and will be hard not to have the always on display. Would have minimal batter impact being so small, too.

Reactions: opteron5711

wandoth1

May 22, 2014
Just setting it up now, feel free to fire any questions at me and i'll do my best to answer !

Build impressions out of the box - solid, premium, hinge seems just right and screen seems excellent.

battery life? how many hours of screen could you get with it? i am very interested in it. but my only dude it is the battery life

kenkaw

Mar 19, 2009
Any idea whether Light Manager, Holey or other similar app would be able to force an always-on indicator on the cover screen?

orbital247

Feb 22, 2009
battery life? how many hours of screen could you get with it? i am very interested in it. but my only dude it is the battery life

I've not had chance to do as full battery drain check yet but anecdotally it seems ok. Battery stats tell me that the other day i took it off charge at 1am and by 4pm it was down to 40% with about 3 hours screen on time.

Reactions: wandoth1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How many notification icons can the outside screen show at once? Can you customize that screen in any way?

Agreed, I have had all 4 generations of Pixel and will be hard not to have the always on display. Would have minimal batter impact being so small, too.

I've not had chance to do as full battery drain check yet but anecdotally it seems ok. Battery stats tell me that the other day i took it off charge at 1am and by 4pm it was down to 40% with about 3 hours screen on time.

battery life is pretty good. you will easily hit 5 HOURS SOT