FORUMS

[All XDA Members] Feedback/Recommendations for XDA

23,399 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,018

By Fallen Spartan, Moderator Emeritus- Irish Pride, Spartan Legacy on 12th November 2012, 11:59 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th January 2020, 03:48 PM |#3201  
Recognized Contributor
Flag monteverde.org
Thanks Meter: 2,669

More
Service Full OP Quote & [HIDE] Tag - XDA Labs vs. Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondJohn

...One of my pet peeves (and I know I am not the only one) is when a user quotes the whole OP, to ask a question not specifically about anything within the OP they just quoted...

Yes, that's probably what I hate the most & always report it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondJohn

...is to create any quote of the OP with the HIDDEN tags pre and post fixed to the quote....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswald Boelcke

...hide tags should actually be used more often; but again however, they aren't effective e.g. in XDA Labs i.e. on small screens of a mobile...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanos

...just report it when it does happen and xda Moderator staff will edit the offending posts to either hide or remove the full OP quote...

"...hide tags ...aren't effective e.g. in XDA Labs" - That's an understatement as the XDA apps just don't parse [HIDE], [STRIKE], etc.

I always found it funny that XDA Labs can't use [HIDE] of it's own XDA forum while Tapatalk can (Show Spoiler).

I attached some screenshots side-by-side of XDA Labs vs. Tapatalk Pro & it's a post that was edited by mod @Thanos that shows like this in XDA Labs:

PHP Code:
<Moderator Edit>
Full OP quote removed
Please do not quote large posts
[
HIDE]Or please use HIDE tags when doing so[/HIDE]
Thanks!! 
And the reply below it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest4711

...Hide tag does not help/work on XDA labs app. ...

So mods should delete the full OP quote instead of using [HIDE] and maybe not recommend to use it in that case.

Edit: Many users don't know how to trim a quote & just keep the relevant parts.

So an alternative would be to create a how-to trim quotes or use the @ mention tutorial & when a mod edits a post with a huge quote he could link to it.

Heck I would link to it often as it's a pain to explain to users how to do it like I did in the bottom of this post for example.

Heloooo, @Wood Man?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	XDA_Labs_Tapatalk_Pro_HIDE_Tag_curiousrom.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	212.3 KB
ID:	4936677  
The Following User Says Thank You to curiousrom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift curiousrom Ad-Free
27th January 2020, 08:04 PM |#3202  
Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee Lead / RC-RT Committee / XDA Labs Contributor
Thanks Meter: 21,644

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousrom

So mods should delete the full OP quote instead of using [HIDE] and maybe not recommend to use it in that case.

I have forwarded your concern/suggestion to the Moderation team.

Thanks!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wood Man For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Wood Man Ad-Free
6th February 2020, 10:33 AM |#3203  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Apparently xda's search function is blocked by Brave Shields of Brave Browser. Is this expected?
16th February 2020, 09:24 AM |#3204  
Thanks Meter: 3,310

More
Hi guys!

Not sure if this is an issue with Safari or the site... But once logged in, you still can't see your user panel on the top-right corner. The user photo is not displayed, and if you click that icon, it's always asking you to log in. It's like you're not logged in, although you are.

Also, a bit of a confusing typo in the maintenance message.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2020-02-16 at 10.50.20.png
Views:	64
Size:	253.5 KB
ID:	4951617  
1st April 2020, 12:21 PM |#3205  
Recognized Contributor
Flag SLO
Thanks Meter: 5,847

More
E-mail notifications died again. Stopped sometime after Mar 28, 2020, 17:20, time and date of my last Magisk Support thread e-mail. Nothing from XDA Developers since. Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pkt_Lnt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pkt_Lnt Ad-Free
1st April 2020, 02:07 PM |#3206  
Forum Moderator / Recognized Translator
Flag Preserving Air Supremacy over XDA
Thanks Meter: 10,333

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pkt_Lnt

E-mail notifications died again. Stopped sometime after Mar 28, 2020, 17:20, time and date of my last Magisk Support thread e-mail. Nothing from XDA Developers since. Thanks.

Thanks very much for the heads-up. Admins have been alerted but please be aware of the different time zones.

EDIT @Pkt_Lnt Seems to be up and running again. Got my first notification at 1523 UTC, and now permanently for any quotation or mention.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Oswald Boelcke For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Oswald Boelcke Ad-Free
1st April 2020, 06:24 PM |#3207  
Recognized Contributor
Flag SLO
Thanks Meter: 5,847

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswald Boelcke

Thanks very much for the heads-up. Admins have been alerted but please be aware of the different time zones.

EDIT @Pkt_Lnt Seems to be up and running again. Got my first notification at 1523 UTC, and now permanently for any quotation or mention.

Yes, this came via e-mail. I am in the PDT west coast USA, currently 1023 1 April 2020. Thank you, will watch more closely.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pkt_Lnt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pkt_Lnt Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)