FORUMS

[APP][2.0+] MiXplorer v6.x Released (fully-featured file manager)

5,658 posts
Thanks Meter: 30,072

By HootanParsa, Recognized Developer on 17th May 2011, 03:12 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th February 2020, 10:26 AM |#32191  
日本
Thanks Meter: 4,404

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marciozomb13

Have you tried go to System settings - apps - Mixplorer - Go to supported urls - in another app? (These settings names may be slightly different in other languages).

MiX is the only application they have that self-identifies as a magnet link / torrent handler. So there's no solution since they already said they don't want to install another application that will be able to associate with those links. Since MiX cannot do anything with the link, there are only two options :

# 1 MiX stops recognizing magnet links / torrents.

# 2 Removing MiX.

( Edit : # 3 Which I mentioned in my previous post, stay away from dubious sites that obfuscate or redirect links, use only sites that allow the normal browser option of 'copy link'... )

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ultramanoid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ultramanoid Ad-Free
17th February 2020, 12:29 PM |#32192  
Thanks Meter: 65

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramanoid

MiX is the only application they have that self-identifies as a magnet link / torrent handler. So there's no solution since they already said they don't want to install another application that will be able to associate with those links. Since MiX cannot do anything with the link, there are only two options :

# 2 Removing MiX.

( Edit : # 3 Which I mentioned in my previous post, stay away from dubious sites that obfuscate or redirect links, use only sites that allow the normal browser option of 'copy link'... )

Other solution is (in the meanwhile) that the developer let users the chance to copy a detected magnet link address. Either by long click on the Copy task manager list when it is open or simply replacing the "copy as torrent" operation with the "copy the magnet URI to clipboard". As the picture shows Mix recognizes properly the full magnet URI, the only problem is that it cannot be copied.

The magnet scheme is registered in the mix Manifest so every time a browser detect that scheme, Mix copy activity will show up as option....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200217-081426_MiXplorer.jpg
Views:	628
Size:	117.8 KB
ID:	4952507  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to robertSchum For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift robertSchum Ad-Free
17th February 2020, 02:55 PM |#32193  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 8,669

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebear j koss

@IronTechmonkey wait, you're young?!!!? 😂

Sent from my OnePlus 7T using Thebear Blue XDA Labs

Don't make me hit you with my cane.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
17th February 2020, 05:55 PM |#32194  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramanoid

# 2 Removing MiX.

_-----------------------_--

Finally all of them told,
1. install torrent apps (i don't like those apps)
2. uninstall the mix app ( without mix not use)
3. try to avoid redirected sites to get magnet link( the link generator is telegram bot, its more convenient)

I have no idea. why the developer not remove the magnet file association with mix or else provide magnet link copy option.

Discussion all waste
17th February 2020, 06:35 PM |#32195  
Forum Moderator / Recognized Translator
Flag Preserving Air Supremacy over XDA
Thanks Meter: 10,252

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bossda

I have no idea. why the developer not remove the magnet file association with mix or else provide magnet link copy option.

Discussion all waste

The dev owes you absolutely nothing, and you're not his customer cause you did not pay him. Even if you purchased the silver edition no obligation has arisen. Remember, XDA-developers is a site where you can learn how to develop roms or applications, not just to request something.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Oswald Boelcke For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Oswald Boelcke Ad-Free
17th February 2020, 08:14 PM |#32196  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 8,669

More
Quote:

Discussion all waste

Au contraire, IMO the discussion was not a waste. You may not have gotten what you want, but to the point of MIXplorer development, because of your report and its connection to past reports now more people (myself included) know about and understand the issue. +1, +1... is a good thing. That means we are more likely to get an explanation or even a fix when HootanParsa returns to thread (keeping in mind that even if there is no fix or explanation we are in no position to complain here).
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
17th February 2020, 09:51 PM |#32197  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Quote:

1. i clear all mix app data. then try to open https://xbimz.world/xtbot/get/378346587/9
the link. magnet link opened by mix

When I click on the link you posted, Mixplorer opens with a pending "copy". I told it to go ahead. It failed. I opened the main menu and hit "Send log". I chose Mixplorer's text editor. Near the end of the log there are what look like copies of the torrent descriptor. If you can pick out the important part, you can copy and paste elsewhere.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to J.Michael For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift J.Michael Ad-Free
17th February 2020, 11:43 PM |#32198  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Michael

When I click on the link you posted, Mixplorer opens with a pending "copy". I told it to go ahead. It failed. I opened the main menu and hit "Send log". I chose Mixplorer's text editor. Near the end of the log there are what look like copies of the torrent descriptor. If you can pick out the important part, you can copy and paste elsewhere.

hi,
Good idea j.mixheal, thanks

---------- Post added at 12:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswald Boelcke

The dev owes you absolutely nothing, and you're not his customer cause you did not pay him. Even if you purchased the silver edition no obligation has arisen. Remember, XDA-developers is a site where you can learn how to develop roms or applications, not just to request something.

ok alright
The Following User Says Thank You to bossda For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bossda Ad-Free
18th February 2020, 11:46 AM |#32199  
Flag Rio de Janeiro
Thanks Meter: 1,278

Donate to Me
More
Feature #suggestion: gallery view in mosaic, good to see complete images instead of squares.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to marciozomb13 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift marciozomb13 Ad-Free
18th February 2020, 07:24 PM |#32200  
Thanks Meter: 30

Donate to Me
More
@HootanParsa
@IronTechmonkey
Oppo and Realme share don't appear when i choose to share any file or folder on mixplorer
i have to open stock ColorOs file manager to use #realme_share
please support realme and oppo share on Mixplorer
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	share.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	4953603  
19th February 2020, 09:47 AM |#32201  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ale82to

yes, any mp4 just a black thumnail.

I have same problem on rooted Redmi 4X, miui 11 and latest Mixplorer. Only few video has normal thumbnail.
The Following User Says Thank You to HFlyer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift HFlyer Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
chm, cloud, encfs, epub, mix

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)