FORUMS

The "Welcome to XDA" Thread

8,771 posts
Thanks Meter: 500

By DaveShaw, Senior Moderator Emeritus + Wiki Bureaucrat on 3rd February 2011, 04:04 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th December 2019, 07:36 PM |#12691  
Flag Spring Hill, FL
Thanks Meter: 1,081

More
Yep trs80, I remember it but didn't own one. Although I did own an Osborne 01 cpm based transportable computer.

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk
22nd December 2019, 01:24 PM |#12692  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hello everybody
Hello
Mi name is Adolfo
I am from mexico and i was looking how to root my samsumg and find this page.
I al ready learn a lot just by reading and cheking posts.
greatings!!!
22nd December 2019, 04:00 PM |#12693  
Flag Spring Hill, FL
Thanks Meter: 1,081

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adolfo777

Hello

Mi name is Adolfo

I am from mexico and i was looking how to root my samsumg and find this page.

I al ready learn a lot just by reading and cheking posts.

greatings!!!

What model Samsung ?

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk
27th December 2019, 07:23 AM |#12694  
Berlin
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hi guys,
Thank you all for the awesome work you've done here over the years!
I'm Michael. Long time lurker, long time custom ROM user, now owner of a Pixel 3A, running an unofficial Lineage build I found on xda.
Currently I look into getting my own build environment set up and seeing if I can contribute in any way. Let's find out!
The Following User Says Thank You to michp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift michp Ad-Free
19th January 2020, 07:11 AM |#12695  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Hello everyone
Ok so I'm gopikrishnanrmg, I know XDA from like around 2016, but i was using a windows phone at that point and didn't use XDA much, later when i bought an android phone in 2017, that's when i really got into XDA for roms and rooting and all. I was introduced to XPOSED framework and all, the first rom i used was Resurrection remix . The great thing about XDA is that it has all the roms and everything bundled together, it' quite convenient i would say, Thanks XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to gopikrishnanrmg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gopikrishnanrmg Ad-Free
25th January 2020, 02:42 AM |#12696  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Hiiiiii, I love XDA! I'm jstanoob, but learning quickly and I can honestly say, if it wasn't for XDA, my learning experience would not be as fruitful as it has been. Thanks for all the support guys (and gals)!
The Following User Says Thank You to jstanoob For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jstanoob Ad-Free
29th January 2020, 11:31 AM |#12697  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hello !

I am here to follow the latest news about the Fairphone 3 free OS, and, why not, help with it

Dalza
18th February 2020, 03:34 PM |#12698  

More
Where to put a thread about a new device ?
Hello every one.

I'm not a native english speaker, please excuse me for my terrible english writting skills.

I recently acquire a ulefone Armor X5, witch match all my expectations...except the android witch constantly spying on me (i used wireshark to sniff it).

I made research about it, and it's very poorly documented.
The device is not even in the xda database...

I'm trying to change that, my goal is porting an alternative rom (lineage os, or even better sailfish os, but i don't expect much from it).

I think this device is pretty standart.

Here is my question : I would like to start a thread about this device to report my progresses and share it to every one, and hopefully be helped.

I'm planning to find a reliable way to properly root the device (without stranges apps) via ADB

I'm also learning the basics of porting a distro (i use "How To Port CyanogenMod/LineageOS Android To Your Own Device" witch i can link to you (forum restrictions), sorry).

The second goal is to try to port a minimal os (a proof of concept)

Then i will try to do it with an os like lineage os or even better sailfish os (i dont have any hope about it, but...).

My question is : as no one does it, how can i create a thread about the device to report my work and hopefully help and getting help from others.

I read the rules, i know the 10 post rule etc, but i want to talk about something i use and know...

Could you help me ?
18th February 2020, 04:11 PM |#12699  
Forum Moderator / Recognized Translator
Flag Preserving Air Supremacy over XDA
Thanks Meter: 10,333

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdahn1

Hello every one.

I'm not a native english speaker, please excuse me for my terrible english writting skills.

I recently acquire a ulefone Armor X5, witch match all my expectations...except the android witch constantly spying on me (i used wireshark to sniff it).

I made research about it, and it's very poorly documented.
The device is not even in the xda database...

I'm trying to change that, my goal is porting an alternative rom (lineage os, or even better sailfish os, but i don't expect much from it).

I think this device is pretty standart.

Here is my question : I would like to start a thread about this device to report my progresses and share it to every one, and hopefully be helped.

I'm planning to find a reliable way to properly root the device (without stranges apps) via ADB

I'm also learning the basics of porting a distro (i use "How To Port CyanogenMod/LineageOS Android To Your Own Device" witch i can link to you (forum restrictions), sorry).

The second goal is to try to port a minimal os (a proof of concept)

Then i will try to do it with an os like lineage os or even better sailfish os (i dont have any hope about it, but...).

My question is : as no one does it, how can i create a thread about the device to report my work and hopefully help and getting help from others.

I read the rules, i know the 10 post rule etc, but i want to talk about something i use and know...

Could you help me ?

Hello, and congratulations to your first post. I hope I'm able to answer your question. Your device indeed doesn't have a forum (yet) and also not a so-called ET. If you want to know when a device receives a "full" device forum or an ET, please refer to the posts no. 1 and no. 2 of this thread.
As long as a device like yours has not an own full forum I recommend to post in following fora:
  • Android General for Android root tutorials, one-click root tools, ROMs and other Android modifications can be found in this forum for devices from Huawei, Elephone, Lenovo, ZTE, and others.
  • Android Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting for all of your questions about Android Development and Hacking. If you need help troubleshooting a problem, please be as specific as possible by describing your software configuration, including the ROM, kernel, and any modifications you've done.
  • Miscellaneous Android Development for ROMs, kernels, tools and scripts only (devices that do not have a forum on XDA).
  • Android Themes for themes and skins for Android devices.
Please just reply if this didn't answer your question sufficiently.
The Following User Says Thank You to Oswald Boelcke For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Oswald Boelcke Ad-Free
18th February 2020, 04:57 PM |#12700  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswald Boelcke

Hello, and congratulations to your first post. I hope I'm able to answer your question. Your device indeed doesn't have a forum (yet) and also not a so-called ET. If you want to know when a device receives a "full" device forum or an ET, please refer to the posts no. 1 and no. 2 of this thread.
As long as a device like yours has not an own full forum I recommend to post in following fora:

• Android General for Android root tutorials, one-click root tools, ROMs and other Android modifications can be found in this forum for devices from Huawei, Elephone, Lenovo, ZTE, and others.
  • Android Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting for all of your questions about Android Development and Hacking. If you need help troubleshooting a problem, please be as specific as possible by describing your software configuration, including the ROM, kernel, and any modifications you've done.
  • Miscellaneous Android Development for ROMs, kernels, tools and scripts only (devices that do not have a forum on XDA).
  • Android Themes for themes and skins for Android devices.
Please just reply if this didn't answer your question sufficiently.

Thank you for your reply.

Il will do as you tell, thank you for your help
The Following User Says Thank You to bogdahn1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bogdahn1 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, android application, app developer, blackberry application, google, internet marketing, intro, introduction, ios rulez teh !!!11!!11!, iphone application, jobs is god, knowledge, lordmanhattan was here, new member, nexus, noob club, off topic, say hi, veeman was here, wat dawg wat u doin, web designing

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)