FORUMS

For those having issues booting into recovery mode...

35 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By H3lix, Member on 23rd September 2010, 08:38 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I too, had issues at first. I fixed them by a few easy steps.. (well, not so easy to figure out at first.)

1) Uninstall your device drivers for your phone. You can do this in Windows 7 by plugging your device in and going to Control Panel > Hardware > Devices and uninstalling the SAMSUNG_android. Once this is done, unplug it and plug it back in. An attempt to install the drivers will be made and the ADB one will most likely fail. Double click the SAMSUNG_android to bring up the properties for this device. Click the 'Hardware' tab. Click the 'SAMSUNG Android Composite ADB Interface' and hit properties. Then Driver > 'Update Driver'. Then select 'Browse my computer for driver software'

2) Download the drivers here: mediafire.com/?t9koyznu5ryygyt and extract them somewhere. Point the driver installation wizard to these drivers with 'Browse'. Hit 'Next.

Congratulations, your drivers are installed! Have fun rooting your Vibrant. I recommend the one click rooter, although it is just a copy of the update.zip and reboot function.
23rd September 2010, 09:43 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
I guess I'm confused. What do drivers have to do with booting into recovery?

Power off
Hold Down Vol +/- and power at the same time.
Walla you have Recovery

----------------------------------------------------------

If your talking about Download Mode
Install your drivers
Plug in USB to PC, but not phone
Turn off Phone
Hold Vol +/-
Plug in USB to phone
Hold +/- for a second
Release Vol
Walla you are in Download Mode
23rd September 2010, 10:03 PM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

More
That wasn't exactly working for me and others. I couldn't get into that mode by holding the buttons. The method I listed above managed to get me into recovery via adb, however.
19th February 2020, 12:49 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Double helix
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)