FORUMS

Wifi will no longer connect if no SSID

777 posts
Thanks Meter: 145

By slybarman, Senior Member on 24th March 2011, 12:32 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I am running Bonsai 4.0 and EC05 modem. For some reason, my wifi will no longer connect to a WAP that is not broadcasting its SSID. It used to do so. Soon as I turn the SSID back-on, then it connects no problem. Turn the SSID broadcast off, and the connection drops.

Any Thoughts?
24th March 2011, 02:02 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
slybarman,

I'm using a program called Hidden SSID Enabler. Its In the market, by Jun Suzuki.

For this to work, you have to have connected to the network at least once by manually entering in the information for the network. Then, go into this app, Re-Enter the hidden SSID, and then click "Enable Hidden SSID".

This will allow just that network to reconnect automatically if hidden. It still hiccups sometimes, but a quick toggle of wifi on/off will fix it.
24th March 2011, 02:06 AM |#3  
Flag Colorado
Thanks Meter: 717

More
I haven't had that problem on any of the Froyo ROMS. I'm now on stock Froyo EC05 and just connected at home on with hidden SSID. Try deleting the access point and re-entering it.
24th March 2011, 02:09 AM |#4  

More
I can always connect to the network initially, but it never seems to reconnect when I come back within range, like it would do for a network with a visible SSID. Just my situation. yours may differ.
24th March 2011, 02:11 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 145

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by poit

I haven't had that problem on any of the Froyo ROMS. I'm now on stock Froyo EC05 and just connected at home on with hidden SSID. Try deleting the access point and re-entering it.

Thanks. I had given that a try before posting, but no joy.
20th February 2020, 02:35 PM |#6  

More
Add network -ssid- security
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)