FORUMS

[VOLVO SCT] Volvo Sensus Connected Touch (car - navi - audio)

353 posts
Thanks Meter: 85

By RichieB, Senior Member on 18th September 2013, 07:51 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd January 2020, 09:18 PM |#2181  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by incogn1to

Also back button now bring you back to Home screen.
https://bitbucket.org/incogn1to/waze...loads/waze.apk

Hi, I'm wondering if this fixes the issue that Waze will reset (losing all account information) if you don't shut down the app before turning off the car's engine.
4th February 2020, 11:25 PM |#2182  

More
Hi all,

How feasible would be to use a generic USB dongle with Carplay for Android?

They operate through a USB connection and an Android app. What i haven't manage to find is a dongle with an app for a previous version of android than 4.0.

Am i beeing naive thinking that the app itself is the bigest chalenge, or is there a impossibility through the USB connection?

Thank you all for all the work putted in to this old platform.
9th February 2020, 09:27 PM |#2183  
Flag Rīga
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfshp253

Hi, I'm wondering if this fixes the issue that Waze will reset (losing all account information) if you don't shut down the app before turning off the car's engine.

For this, you need to close it using intent. You can do it with tasker or other app. Just send intent when Android is going to shutdown.
Code:
In Tasker:
Send intent:
Action: Eliran_Close_Intent
Cat: Default
Target: Broadcast Receiver

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamel6k

Hi all,

How feasible would be to use a generic USB dongle with Carplay for Android?

They operate through a USB connection and an Android app. What i haven't manage to find is a dongle with an app for a previous version of android than 4.0.

Am i beeing naive thinking that the app itself is the bigest chalenge, or is there a impossibility through the USB connection?

Thank you all for all the work putted in to this old platform.

App is the biggest challenge. Technically you don't need a dongle. There is open source project, which can convert SCT to Android Auto unit without any extra hardware.
https://github.com/viktorgino/headunit-desktop
The biggest question is how to port it to old Android version we have.
21st February 2020, 08:08 AM |#2184  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by incogn1to

For this, you need to close it using intent. You can do it with tasker or other app. Just send intent when Android is going to shutdown.

Code:
In Tasker:
Send intent:
Action: Eliran_Close_Intent
Cat: Default
Target: Broadcast Receiver

Thanks, so for the context should I use Event-->System-->Device Shutdown?
21st February 2020, 09:50 AM |#2185  
Flag Rīga
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfshp253

Thanks, so for the context should I use Event-->System-->Device Shutdown?

Correct.
21st February 2020, 10:27 AM |#2186  

More
Thanks. I assume Tasker will always launch in the background and be active when the system boots up?
25th February 2020, 07:08 AM |#2187  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Does anybody know how I can enter recovery mode? My SCT displays Volvo logo and don't skip this step. If I wait enough time it resets again and again. Before this situation I suddenly stops my engine during factory reset process. After that it don't open again. Volvo service offers me replace all unit. I know this problem solved with new firmware installation. I tried rubbing solution for enter recovery mode but it did not work. Can anybody help me?
8th March 2020, 08:16 PM |#2188  

More
necesito el firmware de volvo sct
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazz61xf

Hi,
I Have the same problem here, were you able to resolve it? I have been on this for days ......

tengo el mismo problema alfuien tiene el firmware del sct volvo v40 2014. ya no se puede descargar de parrot

---------- Post added at 07:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by berquer

does anybody know how i can enter recovery mode? My sct displays volvo logo and don't skip this step. If i wait enough time it resets again and again. Before this situation i suddenly stops my engine during factory reset process. After that it don't open again. Volvo service offers me replace all unit. I know this problem solved with new firmware installation. I tried rubbing solution for enter recovery mode but it did not work. Can anybody help me?

tengo el mismo problema se quedo trabado mi sensus connected touch. .... Se queda en la pantalla de volvo y reinicia. Como puedo destrabarlo pudiste arregarlo alguien tiene el firmware ooooo algun truco para sacralo de ahi
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
car audio, sct, sensus connected touch, volvo

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)