Post Reply Email Thread
24th February 2020, 07:38 PM |#8311  
Flag #in your mind
Thanks Meter: 80

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skvalex

I think I'll have to rename methods to something else to avoid confusion. I want to have just two working modes in the app:
1. The first is when the app does record phone calls itself
2. The second is when the app doesn't record phone calls itself, but importing recorded calls made by other apps
I'm still thinking on how to name this setting better. Ideas are welcomed!

standard-line & external-mic
24th February 2020, 09:04 PM |#8312  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Quote:

The changes were made to simplify the program. There were different implementations for the same things in Standard API and ROOT methods. It were hard to maintain and develop new features, since I had to write two different implementations for Standard API and ROOT methods separately. Volume control, encoding to FLAC/MP3/OPUS/AMR, writing data to storage were all implemented differently for Standard API and ROOT methods accordingly.

Thanks.

Quote:

CAF, ALSA and MSM audio sources in Standard API method must work the same way they do in ROOT method now. So root access is still mandatory for them. But the app will use the code for Standard API for post processing. So the quality must be the same as in ROOT method. If not, it's a bug and should be reported to me. If you have Nexus 5X, then please test this version with Standard API and CAF audio source. It must work the same way. Please let me know about the results.

With Standard API and CAF audio source I get 0-length recordings. With all other settings the same but with ROOT method instead this version records as it did before (with ROOT).

Quote:

I think I'll have to rename methods to something else to avoid confusion. I want to have just two working modes in the app:
1. The first is when the app does record phone calls itself
2. The second is when the app doesn't record phone calls itself, but importing recorded calls made by other apps
I'm still thinking on how to name this setting better. Ideas are welcomed!

Internal recording and external recording?
25th February 2020, 12:05 AM |#8313  
Quote:
Originally Posted by fvisagie

With Standard API and CAF audio source I get 0-length recordings. With all other settings the same but with ROOT method instead this version records as it did before (with ROOT).

Try the attached version please.
Attached Files
File Type: apk CallRecorder_v.3.3.4_alpha08.apk - [Click for QR Code] (12.94 MB, 46 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to skvalex For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift skvalex Ad-Free
26th February 2020, 01:29 PM |#8314  
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadonlyone

standard-line & external-mic

1. That will add more confusion. People will think that "standard-line" implies recoding from the phone line. But it's not.
2. People will think that "external-mic" is like another device connected to the phone, e.g. external usb-microphone or bluetooth headset. But it's not.

Quote:

Internal recording and external recording?

1. I would think, that internal means recording from sources which capture internal sound. But it's not.
2. It's not clear, that external recording means that Call Recorder doesn't record anything, but just copies files made by other apps.

My best idea is to replace "Method" setting with "Working mode" which will have two options "Record" or "Record itself" (renamed from Standard API) and "Import" (renamed from System Recorder).
26th February 2020, 03:13 PM |#8315  
Thanks Meter: 167

More
Quote:

1. That will add more confusion. People will think that "standard-line" implies recoding from the phone line. But it's not.
2. People will think that "external-mic" is like another device connected to the phone, e.g. external usb-microphone or bluetooth headset. But it's not.

1. I would think, that internal means recording from sources which capture internal sound. But it's not.
2. It's not clear, that external recording means that Call Recorder doesn't record anything, but just copies files made by other apps.

My best idea is to replace "Method" setting with "Working mode" which will have two options "Record" or "Record itself" (renamed from Standard API) and "Import" (renamed from System Recorder).

"Line Tap" and "Device Mic"

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

Quote:

"Line Tap" and "Device Mic"
But I'm not confused with it as-is.
A simple help section explaining what is what, is more important than terminology..
27th February 2020, 05:33 AM |#8316  
Thanks Meter: 832

More
System mode (imported)

Call Recorder mode (processed by the app)
29th February 2020, 05:48 PM |#8317  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Quote:

Try the attached version please.

With Standard API and CAF audio source I still get 0-length recordings. With ROOT method instead but all other settings the same this version records as it did before (with ROOT).
The Following User Says Thank You to fvisagie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fvisagie Ad-Free
1st March 2020, 02:09 AM |#8318  
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Hello skvalex! The cl app recording too the whatsapp calling and video calling, but the file name is null and the file size just some kbyte. This is a bug? OnePlus 6T OOS 10.3 1. Thanks
2nd March 2020, 12:14 AM |#8319  
Quote:

With Standard API and CAF audio source I still get 0-length recordings. With ROOT method instead but all other settings the same this version records as it did before (with ROOT).

Can you please take a log?

Edit: No logs needed, I purchased Nexus 5X today and could reproduce the problem.
2nd March 2020, 12:21 AM |#8320  
Quote:
Originally Posted by centaurium

Hello skvalex! The cl app recording too the whatsapp calling and video calling, but the file name is null and the file size just some kbyte. This is a bug? OnePlus 6T OOS 10.3 1. Thanks

WhatsApp is using system APIs which notify the app about a call. But the app doesn't know that the call is not usual, so the app tries to record it, but fails as it can't record internet calls.
I don't know a way to ignore such calls for now. Maybe there's some setting in WhatsApp to turn that off. I don't know.
2nd March 2020, 02:07 AM |#8321  
Quote:

Please, try the attached version. It should be fixed now. Anybody who use alpha with Standard API + CAF/ALSA/MSM audio source, please update to this version.
Attached Files
File Type: apk CallRecorder_v.3.3.4_alpha10.apk - [Click for QR Code] (12.95 MB, 78 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to skvalex For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift skvalex Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
call rec, call recording, callrec

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)