[Android 1.6+] External Keyboard Helper Pro

1,484 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,173

By kallt_kaffe, Senior Member on 11th March 2012, 08:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th October 2019, 07:23 AM |#301  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
EKH Pro no longer working after the latest update to Android 9.1 on Huawei MediaPad M5 10.8. Help!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to ioan2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ioan2 Ad-Free
29th December 2019, 10:04 AM |#302  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
The keyboard switcher functionality stopped working on my phone. I managed to work around by using the Keyboard Switcher app from Kunzisoft (opensource, ad-free). The EKH Pro app otherwise works fine (I need the dead-key support for an external US-International bluetooth keyboard).
4th March 2020, 03:22 PM |#303  
Flag Reggio Emilia
Thanks Meter: 31

More
EKH on AndroidTV
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoShiatar

Hello! Is there a way to make this app work on Firestick TV?
I have bought an external bluetooth keyboard with an Italian layout. All settings are on Italian language, but the keyboard writes with an English layout. Can this app help me?
I have tried the same keyboard with my Android phone (Samsung Galaxy S6) and it works correctly, with an Italian layout.

I hope @kallt_kaffe is still supporting the app (but he's not reading XDA since 2016/04/16!)
I bought an Rii Mini i28C Wireless (Italian layout) long time ago and used without big problems on various TV boxes not real AndroidTV. Now I'm using it on a real and certified AndroidTV with OS v8.0 device (TIM Box) and me too I cannot type in Italian but only in English.
It looks to me an AndroidTV limit because no matter what language I select, the stock GBoard keyboard showed on TV is always in English and even not QWERTY but a stupid ABCDE!
Even setting EKH as default ime isn't working (and so loosing the on-screen keyboard).

I have also found that the D-PAD on the keyboard isn't exactly working like the D-PAD on the original remote, is this another AndroidTV limit and I have to remap some keys?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)