Search This thread

immortalneo

Jan 25, 2011
Malappuram, Kerala
There are a lot of people joining XDA on a daily basis, and there are a lot of repetitive questions being asked
which clutter up the Development and 'Q & A' threads. Point them here. Feel free to ask or answer questions.

The idea of this thread is to get users to help other users with their problems/questions. People are usually
ridiculed for asking questions that other people deem stupid even though it may be a legitimate question. This
leads to new users being afraid to ask questions!

Only provide well mannered help towards users in this thread. Please do not spoon feed, but rather point in
the direction where that user can find an answer
and educate himself. If you don't want to answer, at least
point out where to find the answer.

Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read THIS thread.

Then, have a quick look at the names of threads in Post No. 2, you might find what you need right away.

Third. Even if you do get your question answered, please do come back and read threads in Post No. 2
(coming later as soon as we start getting the guides) to educate yourself. You'll be surprised how much time
and frustration it will save you in the future!

No abuse towards noobs tolerated here! That means:
NO TROLLING
NO NAME CALLING
NO RIDICULING
NO FLAMING

ASK ANY QUESTION HERE! No question is stupid or irrelevant in this thread. You will either get an answer or will get pointed in the right direction.

*A Special Thanks to mark manning for his help in creating this thread*

HALL OF FAME

People who contributed most to this thread and helped countless number of people with their
problems/questions. In no particular order.

Bruce Wayne
post-mortem
SilentStrider
Ghostfreak NB
mayank9856
sgs22012
Zatta
ADDICT.ANK

These people also have the right to use the banner below:
Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif

Just add this code to your signature:
HTML:
[URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2257421"][IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41066660/Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:

ktmom

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 22, 2015
Deep Space Station K7

Lee676

Mar 2, 2020
Wichita, KS
Alcatel 3v rooting, upgrades

Hi noob here just got an Alcatel 3v 5032w and wanting to know can I make this phone better and where do I go to get the help and info thanks for any leads thrown my way.

Reactions: Kireej

Raresh T

Jul 14, 2014
Hi noob here just got an Alcatel 3v 5032w and wanting to know can I make this phone better and where do I go to get the help and info thanks for any leads thrown my way.

Hello, I suggest you do your research first hand and then come here with your questions. That's how you are gonna learn. Relating your inquiry, project treble seems to be available for your phone (https://xdaforums.com/android/general/alcatel-3v-project-treble-t3796504), therefore you could install even android 10. Everytime you are looking for something, search "your phone name" and "xda". And Google will give you everything there is to know about your phone. Risks and methods. Go research it further.

Reactions: Lee676

johnoo

Dec 10, 2008
Bratislava
Can I fix Android for purpose of downloading contacts / messages?

Hello,
I ask here because I am not sure where to put general question like this (I thought to general but after reading some read first went to Q & A and here).
I am IT Guy and able to root / change ROMs but this time after some time my phone (Samusung Galaxy Note Edge T-Mobile) with original rom [ROM][SlimLP Unofficial][5.1.1] 12.16.15
died. I used to use sync phone with pc but I stopped. Now I would like to ask if there is a way for me to fix this rom (or any other) to the state that I will be able to do at least screenshots or somehow backup contacts or ideally messages as well.? Possibly I use for sync MyPhoneExplorer so if I am able to go back to the system I should be able to sync but if not then somehow backup my contacts. Is that possible or it is just a dream and to get access to my phone I have to format and again?
Thanks
Johnoo

Jul 5, 2018
Hello community, Xiaomi open app with Safari.
I'm in kind of interesting situation with a XIAOMI mi 10 device. The device only want to open certain applications using Safari. From first boot and after factory reset. And it just loves to activate camera and mic in the background over and over again Not after the factory reset though. It's my mothers phone and she just bought it and obviously wan't a new one. No problems like that. But i wan't to get my hands on everything that give me the information about the Safari issue. Then i mean everything. I would love to analyse this. I actually think this is kind of exciting with the Safari issue and wan't to gain knowledge about this.
Is there any way i can retrieve all this data without rooting the device, since she wan't to return it to the vendor and get a new one?
It would be awesome if anyone could help me out and of course all gained knowledge will be returned to the community.

Best regards

Last edited:

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
Hello,
I ask here because I am not sure where to put general question like this (I thought to general but after reading some read first went to Q & A and here).
I am IT Guy and able to root / change ROMs but this time after some time my phone (Samusung Galaxy Note Edge T-Mobile) with original rom [ROM][SlimLP Unofficial][5.1.1] 12.16.15
died. I used to use sync phone with pc but I stopped. Now I would like to ask if there is a way for me to fix this rom (or any other) to the state that I will be able to do at least screenshots or somehow backup contacts or ideally messages as well.? Possibly I use for sync MyPhoneExplorer so if I am able to go back to the system I should be able to sync but if not then somehow backup my contacts. Is that possible or it is just a dream and to get access to my phone I have to format and again?
Thanks
Johnoo
You have flashed a custom ROM, so I assume you have TWRP. If that is working, you should make a nandroid, even though the ROM is stalled. In a pich, the phone data can be accessed using a PC.

If you use a google account, your contacts should be stored within your account, and can be restored to another phone by simply using the account.

As for your call log and message logs, they are stored locally in an SQLite3 database on your phone. Somewhere *LIKE* /data/data/com.android.providers.contacts/databases/calllog.db
and somewhere similar for your sms (I think it has mms in the name)

I dont use it personally (I keep google away from at least some of my data), so know nothing about it, but maybe your google account also has this data, I know every time i setup a new phone it always asks if I wish to keep a backup on their servers; which i always say no to.

Jul 11, 2008
s10 stuck on an error has occurred while updating device software

hi all...i got a second hand galaxy s10 g973f/ds that was stuck on the screen an error has occurred while updating the device software.use the emergency recovery function in the smart switch pc software..
here are where the issues are starting..by going to smart switch app the app doesnt recognize my device..it says unsupported device.so i cant follow any suggestions found on this forum like selecting the more option and then emergency recovery function cos the phone isnt recognized..theres only an option to recover using recovery code but unfortunately i dnt have that code.the other problem is that by using odin i dont know the exact firmware file that was installed previously on the phone so when i try to flash with odin a ramdomly downloaded firmware it fails if i use modded odin or it gets stuck on recovery.img if i use not modded odin..
i have to say that i cant get to download mode by the pressing of any combinations of keys..the only screen that appears is the above mentioned error..even that apoears only when connected to power supply or usb through pc..otherwise if cable is disconnected theres no way of getting it on..
now i would appreciate anyone who can suggest a solution for my problem or if anyone can tell me if theres a way to get to know the original factory installed firmware through the imei or serial number of the phone..
i thank in advance anyone who would spend his her time to help me out

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt
hi all...i got a second hand galaxy s10 g973f/ds that was stuck on the screen an error has occurred while updating the device software.use the emergency recovery function in the smart switch pc software..

here are where the issues are starting..by going to smart switch app the app doesnt recognize my device..it says unsupported device.so i cant follow any suggestions found on this forum like selecting the more option and then emergency recovery function cos the phone isnt recognized..theres only an option to recover using recovery code but unfortunately i dnt have that code.the other problem is that by using odin i dont know the exact firmware file that was installed previously on the phone so when i try to flash with odin a ramdomly downloaded firmware it fails if i use modded odin or it gets stuck on recovery.img if i use not modded odin..

i have to say that i cant get to download mode by the pressing of any combinations of keys..the only screen that appears is the above mentioned error..even that apoears only when connected to power supply or usb through pc..otherwise if cable is disconnected theres no way of getting it on..

now i would appreciate anyone who can suggest a solution for my problem or if anyone can tell me if theres a way to get to know the original factory installed firmware through the imei or serial number of the phone..

You should be able to flash the device via Odin while on the "update encountered an issue" screen. You just need to troubleshoot why it is failing at recovery.img. Probably because you aren't flashing the exact firmware version that you need or maybe you need to try an older or newer unmodified Odin software.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

johnoo

Dec 10, 2008
Bratislava
You have flashed a custom ROM, so I assume you have TWRP. If that is working, you should make a nandroid, even though the ROM is stalled. In a pich, the phone data can be accessed using a PC.

If you use a google account, your contacts should be stored within your account, and can be restored to another phone by simply using the account.

As for your call log and message logs, they are stored locally in an SQLite3 database on your phone. Somewhere *LIKE* /data/data/com.android.providers.contacts/databases/calllog.db
and somewhere similar for your sms (I think it has mms in the name)

I dont use it personally (I keep google away from at least some of my data), so know nothing about it, but maybe your google account also has this data, I know every time i setup a new phone it always asks if I wish to keep a backup on their servers; which i always say no to.

Thanks for advice. I use TWRP and it is still accessible. I am the same about google as you are - I will try what I can / find more info if required or reply again. Thanks

Chintu bomali

Nov 8, 2018
hey bro ,
after use custom rom i thik to go back to miui 11 rom and then flash my device and press lock the bootloader in mi flash...after that i face some issue like
1. find device is corrupted you are unsafe now
2. wifi not working
3. Bluetooth not working
4. fingerprint not working
5. even can't able to sign in to mi account to unlock bootloader
what i have to do can't understand , plz help bro.

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
hey bro ,
after use custom rom i thik to go back to miui 11 rom and then flash my device and press lock the bootloader in mi flash...after that i face some issue like
1. find device is corrupted you are unsafe now
2. wifi not working
3. Bluetooth not working
4. fingerprint not working
5. even can't able to sign in to mi account to unlock bootloader
what i have to do can't understand , plz help bro.

There is a some things that need more information like which device you have?
Which custom ROM did you flash to get these kind of huge bugs?
and first of all how did you flash a custom ROM if you couldn't sign into mi account but in the other side you said that you need to relock bootloader?
Did you buy it new or from second-hand?

Chintu bomali

Nov 8, 2018
There is a some things that need more information like which device you have?
Which custom ROM did you flash to get these kind of huge bugs?
and first of all how did you flash a custom ROM if you couldn't sign into mi account but in the other side you said that you need to relock bootloader?
Did you buy it new or from second-hand?
I use redmi note 4.
i flash through twrp google pixel rom all is perfect at that time...after that i want to change the rom and back to miui 11 so that i flash miui11 fastboot rom through mi flash and click lock all option so that bootloader is locked and the rom is successfully flashed
after powe on my device it shows the that following problem
1. find device is corrupted and your device is unsafe now
2. fingerprint , wifi , Bluetooth not working
3. could not sign in to mi account ( could not chek device security info )
4. at the time of flash official fastboot rom in flash i click lock all botton so that bootloader is locked so i can't even unlock now..
it's 1sthand mobile..

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
I use redmi note 4.
i flash through twrp google pixel rom all is perfect at that time...after that i want to change the rom and back to miui 11 so that i flash miui11 fastboot rom through mi flash and click lock all option so that bootloader is locked and the rom is successfully flashed
4. at the time of flash official fastboot rom in flash i click lock all botton so that bootloader is locked so i can't even unlock now..
it's 1sthand mobile..

It could be that you unlocked it when the first time using an unofficial way like a aboot exploited?

Safest way to return to stock is doing a complete format and wipes before through TWRP and then flashing stock recovery ROM zip You shouldn't have to relock bootloader while you're using a custom ROM. Other option that you had is flashing stock ROM through Mi Flash tool choosing just the option delete data and then when all is right you could relock it through fastboot commands.

What you can do now is trying to flashing it through EDL instead of through fastboot

Chintu bomali

Nov 8, 2018
It could be that you unlocked it when the first time using an unofficial way like a aboot exploited?

Safest way to return to stock is doing a complete format and wipes before through TWRP and then flashing stock recovery ROM zip You shouldn't have to relock bootloader while you're using a custom ROM. Other option that you had is flashing stock ROM through Mi Flash tool choosing just the option delete data and then when all is right you could relock it through fastboot commands.

What you can do now is trying to flashing it through EDL instead of through fastboot
thanks bro plz provide link of edl fastboot rom for redmi note 4 snapdragon..

Jul 11, 2008
You should be able to flash the device via Odin while on the "update encountered an issue" screen. You just need to troubleshoot why it is failing at recovery.img. Probably because you aren't flashing the exact firmware version that you need or maybe you need to try an older or newer unmodified Odin software.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

thanks for the reply..
my problem is that i dont know the exact firmware version that was installed on the s10 since i bought it second hand already with that error showing up..
do you know if is there anyway to retrieve the original firmware through the phone imei number or serial number?

An0n9

Feb 24, 2020
Play multiple videos in background tabs

I would like to listen to the audio from video of multiple background tabs simultaneously, like on desktop PCs.

It would work while browsing other tabs or having the browser in the background.

Not only YouTube, but any HTML5 video and any platform (Dailymotion, Vimeo, *****ute, Vlare.TV, etc.)

Is there any browser or any other way way to do that?

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016

It looks like your error was not to enable USB debugging previously to use Smart Switch, so the update was at halfway.

Regarding your version you will see that information at the recovery screen if you yet are able to enter to this mode. Also Smart Switch keeps some information/logs at certain path into your PC, something like C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Temp\SmartSwitch or similar.

Anyway an infallible method is simply using the latest firmware.

ktmom

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 22, 2015
Deep Space Station K7
I use redmi note 4.
it's 1sthand mobile..

I would attempt the unbricking instructions in https://xdaforums.com/redmi-note-4/how-to/guide-redmi-note-4-unlock-bootloader-t3517806

Reactions: mrrocketdog

Top Liked Posts