Thanks Meter: 36

By Stirius, Member on 23rd June 2014, 11:44 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th November 2016, 07:14 AM |#81  
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofir786

Currently as far as I know there is no way to manually to root the marshmallow firmware. There are some builds here that are prerooted. I personally bought this tablet second hand with 5.1.1 on it, I installed the rootable lollipop firmware installed dual recovery and flashed the prerooted marshmallow firmware, which is all running fine, only thing is that custom recovery is not working on this firmware

Sent from my SM-G920F using XDA-Developers mobile app

TWRP is working on this rooted Firmware

Gesendet von meinem SGP511 mit Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabinka

Please help. I've tried this but I'm stuck. It says "Waiting for Device." But my tablet is plugged in via the USB. I can view files in Computer but I can't get this install.bat to recognize that it's plugged in. My tablet is on and active.

My tablet is a Sony Xperia Z2, model SGP561
Android version 4.4.2 (I'd really like Marshmallow)
Build number 17.01.D.0.437
Hardware version: 1280-1946.1

Any help here?

Have you got the Popup to authorize the connection?

Gesendet von meinem SGP511 mit Tapatalk
21st November 2016, 10:19 PM |#82  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 10

More
hi guys i am trying to root my SGP511 4.4.2 using this tool but getting the following message i have put tr.apk in the files folder where the batch files is and nothing installed tr.apk on my tablet click on let it rain and it says its routed but supersu cannot install the binary

Edit: all sorted ADB was not running like an idiot
3rd January 2017, 03:22 AM |#83  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickbaker66

hi guys i am trying to root my SGP511 4.4.2 using this tool but getting the following message i have put tr.apk in the files folder where the batch files is and nothing installed tr.apk on my tablet click on let it rain and it says its routed but supersu cannot install the binary

Edit: all sorted ADB was not running like an idiot

looks like this method doesn't work on android MM
8th January 2017, 10:39 PM |#84  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Stupid.....
I'm not one for complaining, I usually try to muddle through something until I get it, but for the life of me? I cannot understand why the Sony Xperia z2 tablet won't boot into recovery mode. I don't have the slightest idea why there are all these posts about holding down the power button and the volume up control, which does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING regarding getting into the recovery menu.....it just sits there with a steady blue LED and won't boot up after that.....yeah.. I'm fed up with this device and will eventually get Linux on it and forsake these Android ROM's that seem to make you jump through hoops needlessly just to get something to work!
9th January 2017, 03:07 PM |#85  

More
Frustrated.....
Thanks for this info, but for the life of me I CAN'T get the tablet to boot into recovery mode!....I hold down the Power an Volume Up buttons, but it does nothing. Just causes three (3) quick buzzes with vibration then stays black with a (blue?) charging light. I have to hold down the Power button in order t oget it to boot up again, and when it does? it's back to normal, (no root) how can I install the root files without being able to boot up into a mode where I can access it? Totally frustrating, if I have my way?....I might trade this in for something a little more "boot-loader" friendly. Or else I'll just let it sit with its Android OS and use it for typical tablet usages....
23rd October 2017, 08:04 AM |#86  

More
I get this error message when running the install.bat
"Waiting for towelzxperia to exploit...
error: only position independent executables (PIE) are supported."
How to fix it?
Xperia Z2 tablet sgp511
Android 6.0.1
Build 23.5.A.1.291
19th November 2017, 01:39 PM |#87  

More
Im stuck in the same error. Help, anyone?! Need to get my tablet rooted
7th March 2020, 01:32 AM |#88  

More
is this work on z2 tablet docomo SO-05F ?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)