Google Camera by Urnyx05

Search This thread

sauliiin

Jan 12, 2011
Belo Horizonte
Guys, about quality.... which version do you think is better 7.2 or 7.3?

I don't know... So far, I'm under the impression that 7.2 is better for low light and under normal circumstances they bove give the same result... Just want to know what improvements 7.3 deliveries.

LibTest

Mar 6, 2020
Great mod and best in terms of color and light. But version 7.3(v1. 1) does not save raw(the App crashes with an error). If you can add the awb(on/off) button to the main screen, this is still the only thing missing. With respect.

New version of GCam 7.3.018 is out!

Changelog:
- Added the option to enable/disable zoom in portrait mode
- Fixed crash on Snapdragon 845 (thanks Parrot)
- Added 24 FPS button
- Fixed crash on front camera for Oneplus devices
- Fixed saturation on OP7/7T
- Fixed processing on some devices
- Disabled sabre on auxiliary cameras and front camera
- Fixed pinkish color in front and wide cameras
- Added the option to enable or disable AWB and choose among Pixel 2, Pixel 3 and IMX586 AWB
- Added the option to change the number of frames in HDR+ Enhanced
- Fixed inverted aux lenses on Lenovo, Motorola and LG devices
- Fixed dull colors on devices with Snapdragon 845

Here is the link to download:
https://mega.nz/#!Az51gDRJ!PWfyS4efFxENergTTuXwQeoHj7fCQNlD9X6V14c0vV8
Nice! But how to apply a config in gcam 7.3?

Andrex2309

Mar 6, 2020
Hi! I'm using the 7.2 gcam v2.3 with my Mi 9T Pro, everything works good (no videos for front camera but I don't really care about that), nightshots are very good and HDR+ is awesome during sunsets and heavy contrast scenarios. I've used it a lot but I've found a little (?) problem, I think photos from the front camera are a bit oversharpened (kinda like it's too detailed, if that makes sense, maybe also the beautification is not working) and have noise if you're not using the HDR option. Anyone facing the same issues? Is there a workaround for it? I'd really like to also use the front camera for selfies, I'm not using any xml file at the moment.
I hope someone will help me ^^
Other than that, the Gcam is awesome, it's stable most of the time and works really good, nice job!

alainleroy

Jan 28, 2020

What's the problem in your case?

For anyone who owns a Mi9t : does the gcam crash when recording a video using the pop up camera? This is a problem I'm experiencing since a few versions and doesn't seem to be resolved yet. Does it happen to you also?

Edit I've now read quite a few of other users having the same problem. Hope this will get fixed. Thank you

Hi! I'm using the 7.2 gcam v2.3 with my Mi 9T Pro, everything works good (no videos for front camera but I don't really care about that), nightshots are very good and HDR+ is awesome during sunsets and heavy contrast scenarios. I've used it a lot but I've found a little (?) problem, I think photos from the front camera are a bit oversharpened (kinda like it's too detailed, if that makes sense, maybe also the beautification is not working) and have noise if you're not using the HDR option. Anyone facing the same issues? Is there a workaround for it? I'd really like to also use the front camera for selfies, I'm not using any xml file at the moment.
I hope someone will help me ^^
Other than that, the Gcam is awesome, it's stable most of the time and works really good, nice job!

I have the mi9t and I agree the hdr+ seems a bit too detailed using the front camera, infact on photos looks like I have horrendous skin. The front camera looks more realistic in terms of colour and details but I realise it's not very handy for selfies

Last edited:

Andrex2309

Mar 6, 2020
What's the problem in your case?

For anyone who owns a Mi9t : does the gcam crash when recording a video using the pop up camera? This is a problem I'm experiencing since a few versions and doesn't seem to be resolved yet. Does it happen to you also?

Edit I've now read quite a few of other users having the same problem. Hope this will get fixed. Thank you

I have the mi9t and I agree the hdr+ seems a bit too detailed using the front camera, infact on photos looks like I have horrendous skin. The front camera looks more realistic in terms of colour and details but I realise it's not very handy for selfies

Totally agree!! It's literally too much detailed in front camera photos so it's hard to choose, the stock one is usually overexposed and very soft, this one is darker, high dynamic range but too much details

Reactions: egekonuk

timz3818

Mar 6, 2020
Thanks for your hard work on this! This is the first port I've seen that has night sight that works on my LG v40. There's a massive lag in the viewfinder though (preview at like 1fps) and I've yet to figure out how to make 4k video work. Hopefully this gets fixed at some point.

Andrex2309

Mar 6, 2020
I was also thinking, since the fact that I'm struggling with selfie details and things like that, could a .xml file help me? I've found some .xml on celsoazevedo such as anonymousv2.xml, or ironhrt-k20p-1.xml, are these .xml worth using usually or it will be kinda similar to the "stock" Gcam?

Urnyx05

Mar 25, 2018
New update of GCam 7.3.018 is out!

Changelog:
- Fixed crash when RAWs were enabled
- Added AWB and Astrophotography in top bar (thanks BSG)
- Added the option to change bitrate
- Fixed astrophotography on OP7
- Added the option to set 4k Timelapse
- Added lib patcher
- Fixed HDR+ Enhanced on S9 (Snapdragon)
- Fixed inverted wide and telephoto lenses on Note 10 Plus (Snapdragon)
- Inverted chroma values to be more respondant to noise
- Added support for Android 9 (thanks Marco)
- Added the option to choose HDR+ and HDR+ Enhanced on portrait
- Added Bengali, Croatian, Czech, Dutch, German, Greek, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese and Turkish translations

Thanks The_dise for icons of AWB and Astrophotography

https://mega.nz/#!M2hTEZgB!OJTWNmfoCLGqNBqKojsf1Xvz7E9MhQPXu4nKpuxaGZs

rowihel2012

Oct 13, 2012
New update of GCam 7.3.018 is out!

Changelog:
- Fixed crash when RAWs were enabled
- Added AWB and Astrophotography in top bar (thanks BSG)
- Added the option to change bitrate
- Fixed astrophotography on OP7
- Added the option to set 4k Timelapse
- Added lib patcher
- Fixed HDR+ Enhanced on S9 (Snapdragon)
- Fixed inverted wide and telephoto lenses on Note 10 Plus (Snapdragon)
- Inverted chroma values to be more respondant to noise
- Added support for Android 9 (thanks Marco)
- Added the option to choose HDR+ and HDR+ Enhanced on portrait
- Added Bengali, Croatian, Czech, Dutch, German, Greek, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese and Turkish translations

Thanks The_dise for icons of AWB and Astrophotography

https://mega.nz/#!M2hTEZgB!OJTWNmfoCLGqNBqKojsf1Xvz7E9MhQPXu4nKpuxaGZs

thank you so much for supporting Note 10 plus Qualcomm

I'm really glad
great work

Ojiz1

Jan 14, 2020
Oneplus 7T

I have tested many Urnyx Gcam versions, (no additional XML) with my OnePlus 7t (stock no rooted, Oxygen 10.0.8), but I cannot get HDR+ ZSL working. When launched first time, the photo taken with HDR+ seems blurry and even different place than where you actually point the camera. After that it "fixes" itself but the quality is same as when toggled OFF HDR+. Is it supposed to work on OnePlus without Magisk Modules? Anyway, I came from Pixel 3 XL and have to say that amazing work from all you modders! There is even more detail, lower noise levels which is incredible. White Balance and colors seems to be only difference, sometimes Google nails it, sometimes these Modded Gcam Ports on OnePlus 7t. :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Google-Camera-AA-810x298_c.jpg

Google Camera Port

by @Urnyx05

This is a thread where I share my GCams and you can report me bugs.

How to report bugs:
    If possible, post on a thread for your phone or here if you can't find a thread for your phone. Please describe the issue and give details about your setup:

- Camera2 Test (included description)
    - Phone, ROM, any fixes installed;
    - Name of the apk you're using;
    - Screenshots or video recordings of the bug if you're able to;
    - A logcat if there's a crash (How to save a logcat: video guide, advanced guide);
    - Steps to reproduce the bug/crash;
    - Mention me;

- Your report will be ignored if no logs or a good explanation is provided.
    - I will do my best to fix bugs, but keep in mind that this is a free port and I also have my personal life.

How can I translate GCam in my language?
    Check this website: https://urnyx05.oneskyapp.com

Credits:
    - BSG for having started the port
    - Arnova8G2 because he has helped me a lot in these months
    - Savitar and IDan because they have been my teachers
    - Celso for hosting all GCams in his site
    - San1ty, Xtrme, Zoran, CStark, Tadi, Namok, Fahmi, Fu24, Eszdman, back.rider and every other modder who has helped me
    - Google developers for having done a fantastic job with their own algorithms​
    Available versions

GCam 7.3.018

• Version 2.4
      Changelog:
      - Partially fixed videos on aux lenses (it works only at 4k resolution)
      - Added IMX686 AWB extracted from Poco F2 Pro libraries
      - Added an option to enable logcat in order to help development even for unrooted devices
      - Fixed dots on ultrawide sensor of Poco F2 Pro
      - Disabled dot fix on OP5 aux lens
      - Added an option to change the intensity of dotfix algorythm on Poco F2 Pro
      Link to download

GCam 7.2.010

• Version 2.3
      Changelog:
      - Fixed aux IDs on LG, Motorola and Lenovo devices
      - Fixed crash on BQ and Nokia devices
      Link to download

GCam 6.3.017 - Urnyx05 & Xtrme

• Version 0.6
      Changelog:
      - Forced Pixel 3 AWB everywhere
      - It can be installed side by side with my GCam and Xtrme's one
      Link to download

GCam 6.2.030

• Version 2.5
      Changelog:
      - Fix 60 FPS on Indian K20/20 Pro
      - Added support for dot fix on Realme 2 Pro (you need root and this Magisk module to fix dots - thanks to Wyroczen for having modded the lib)
      - Added switch for 12/48 MP on Mi9 (you must use Eszdman's Magisk module, remembering there's a bug in videos due to which EIS doesn't work using stock camera)
      - Increased maximum allocated memory
      Link to download
    New update of GCam 7.2.010 is out!

Changelog:
    - Changed the way how to use HDR+ Enhanced in portrait mode (now there's the same switch as normal camera mode) - thanks Arnova
    - Fixed crash on Realme X2 Pro, OP7T Pro McLaren, RN8 Pro (begonia) and Samsung devices (only Snapdragon ones)
    - Forced RAW10 on front camera of OP6/6T
    - Added the option to enable/disable Google Photos
    - Fixed astrophotography on OP6 and OP7 series (thanks Parrot)
    - Fixed resolution on aux lens for Mi9T/9T Pro (thanks Burial)
    - Fixed crash on OP7 series using some custom ROMs

https://mega.nz/#!1rxWla7R!ZkLFXG02Wh9SjX9Mah9nrEjThLxHYdaoxQEnXFmzn44

Merry Christmas to everybody ;)

Changelog:
    - Fixed green tint on front camera on Mi5, Mi5S and several other devices
    - Added Bengali, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, French, German, Japanese, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish translations (thanks to all the translators)
    - Increased max allocated memory (it can improve speed on some mid/low range phones)
    - Now the option to show HDR+/HDR+ Enhanced switch is ON by default

https://mega.nz/#!5y51wSiJ!GfcbWynZUcMVyaI4Sq790mctiFXvWkpnt90sCaGnfSA

If you want to help translating the app, check this link:
    https://urnyx05.oneskyapp.com

Happy New Year to everybody ;)

Changelog:
    - Fixed aux IDs on LG, Motorola and Lenovo devices
    - Fixed crash on BQ and Nokia devices

https://mega.nz/#!07gUHC6C!DLtt9F8iDyssW-DYKwPeFTAe8ETEJ643LqBE1Ug7Ols

This is my last update based on 7.2.010. Now, I'm going to move to GCam 7.3 as soon as possible.