FORUMS

View Poll Results: Did you find this thread useful?

Yes, it was very helpful to me.

1,622 Vote(s)
64.03%
No, I didn't feel it helped me.

420 Vote(s)
16.58%
I don't know.

491 Vote(s)
19.38%

[HELP THREAD] Ask ANY Question. Noob Friendly.

4,428 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,932

Post Reply Email Thread
7th March 2020, 04:53 AM |#44731  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubwayChamp

It could be that you unlocked it when the first time using an unofficial way like a aboot exploited?

Safest way to return to stock is doing a complete format and wipes before through TWRP and then flashing stock recovery ROM zip You shouldn't have to relock bootloader while you're using a custom ROM. Other option that you had is flashing stock ROM through Mi Flash tool choosing just the option delete data and then when all is right you could relock it through fastboot commands.

What you can do now is trying to flashing it through EDL instead of through fastboot

thanks bro plz provide link of edl fastboot rom for redmi note 4 snapdragon..
7th March 2020, 05:01 AM |#44732  
Thanks Meter: 880

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chintu bomali

thanks bro plz provide link of edl fastboot rom for redmi note 4 snapdragon..

No, the ROM used through EDL is the same to be used through fastboot, EDL is a lower level mode to flash stock ROMs, now you relocked it your only way to send device to EDL mode is using test point, there are many tutorials about it on YouTube.
The Following User Says Thank You to SubwayChamp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SubwayChamp Ad-Free
7th March 2020, 05:55 AM |#44733  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidriven

You should be able to flash the device via Odin while on the "update encountered an issue" screen. You just need to troubleshoot why it is failing at recovery.img. Probably because you aren't flashing the exact firmware version that you need or maybe you need to try an older or newer unmodified Odin software.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

thanks for the reply..
my problem is that i dont know the exact firmware version that was installed on the s10 since i bought it second hand already with that error showing up..
do you know if is there anyway to retrieve the original firmware through the phone imei number or serial number?
7th March 2020, 01:53 PM |#44734  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Audio Play multiple videos in background tabs
I would like to listen to the audio from video of multiple background tabs simultaneously, like on desktop PCs.

It would work while browsing other tabs or having the browser in the background.

Not only YouTube, but any HTML5 video and any platform (Dailymotion, Vimeo, BitChute, Vlare.TV, etc.)

Is there any browser or any other way way to do that?
7th March 2020, 05:17 PM |#44735  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyjuayasinghe84

hi all...i got a second hand galaxy s10 g973f/ds that was stuck on the screen an error has occurred while updating the device software.use the emergency recovery function in the smart switch pc software..
here are where the issues are starting..by going to smart switch app the app doesnt recognize my device..it says unsupported device.so i cant follow any suggestions found on this forum like selecting the more option and then emergency recovery function cos the phone isnt recognized..theres only an option to recover using recovery code but unfortunately i dnt have that code.the other problem is that by using odin i dont know the exact firmware file that was installed previously on the phone so when i try to flash with odin a ramdomly downloaded firmware it fails if i use modded odin or it gets stuck on recovery.img if i use not modded odin..
i have to say that i cant get to download mode by the pressing of any combinations of keys..the only screen that appears is the above mentioned error..even that apoears only when connected to power supply or usb through pc..otherwise if cable is disconnected theres no way of getting it on..
now i would appreciate anyone who can suggest a solution for my problem or if anyone can tell me if theres a way to get to know the original factory installed firmware through the imei or serial number of the phone..
i thank in advance anyone who would spend his her time to help me out

It looks like your error was not to enable USB debugging previously to use Smart Switch, so the update was at halfway.

Regarding your version you will see that information at the recovery screen if you yet are able to enter to this mode. Also Smart Switch keeps some information/logs at certain path into your PC, something like C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Temp\SmartSwitch or similar.

Anyway an infallible method is simply using the latest firmware.
7th March 2020, 06:30 PM |#44736  
Forum Moderator
Flag Deep Space Station K7
Thanks Meter: 3,532

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chintu bomali

I use redmi note 4.
i flash through twrp google pixel rom all is perfect at that time...after that i want to change the rom and back to miui 11 so that i flash miui11 fastboot rom through mi flash and click lock all option so that bootloader is locked and the rom is successfully flashed
after powe on my device it shows the that following problem
1. find device is corrupted and your device is unsafe now
2. fingerprint , wifi , Bluetooth not working
3. could not sign in to mi account ( could not chek device security info )
4. at the time of flash official fastboot rom in flash i click lock all botton so that bootloader is locked so i can't even unlock now..
it's 1sthand mobile..

I would attempt the unbricking instructions in https://forum.xda-developers.com/red...oader-t3517806
The Following User Says Thank You to ktmom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ktmom Ad-Free
7th March 2020, 11:37 PM |#44737  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmom

I would attempt the unbricking instructions in https://forum.xda-developers.com/red...oader-t3517806

That thread is intended for RN4 MediaTek version and @Chintu bomali has the Snapdragon version.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SubwayChamp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SubwayChamp Ad-Free
8th March 2020, 12:47 AM |#44738  
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyjuayasinghe84

thanks for the reply..

my problem is that i dont know the exact firmware version that was installed on the s10 since i bought it second hand already with that error showing up..

do you know if is there anyway to retrieve the original firmware through the phone imei number or serial number?

All you need to find your specific firmware is the model number of the device. If the device is an international model, you will need to find the firmware for your specific model number and your region/carrier.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Droidriven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Droidriven Ad-Free
8th March 2020, 03:34 AM |#44739  
Flag chicago il
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Help I have a orange pi prime. I flashed the perfect rom for it sadly it has a flaw the wifi module isn't included in it..

How can I add it.. Im the build. Prop
Or where

Thanks I have module already just don't know
8th March 2020, 04:42 AM |#44740  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Hi,
I had bought a new redmi k20. Unfortunately the screen got broken and very important image and video files are now stuck in the mobile.
Since the screen is dead but the mobile is working, I can't even enable developer options or MTP.

I am a very handy user but stuck. Plz help
8th March 2020, 05:15 AM |#44741  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubwayChamp

That thread is intended for RN4 MediaTek version and @Chintu bomali has the Snapdragon version.

yes i have snapdragon version....
my pc doesn't show Qualcomm port , even Qualcomm drives are installed and adb drive are also installed
1. didn't show "port" menu under network adapter
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, beginner, confused, guidance, help needed, help thread, lost, newbie, noob, questions and answers

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)