FORUMS

View Poll Results: Did you find this thread useful?

Yes, it was very helpful to me.

1,622 Vote(s)
64.03%
No, I didn't feel it helped me.

420 Vote(s)
16.58%
I don't know.

491 Vote(s)
19.38%

[HELP THREAD] Ask ANY Question. Noob Friendly.

4,428 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,932

Post Reply Email Thread
9th March 2020, 08:16 PM |#44751  
Thanks Meter: 86

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramly preansa

I have been using and searching for UBL VIVO Y81, but almost 2 years I have not been able to find a way.
is there anyone who can help me?

Seems your phone is very hard to root or flash twrp on. Better be find other phone and brand. Even if you could find a way, your phone could have limited compatibility with a lot of apps, like xposed or magisk.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raresh T For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Raresh T Ad-Free
9th March 2020, 09:39 PM |#44752  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubwayChamp

This seems to be a recurrent weird issue beyond security restrictions from sammy side so no one method known that fits for all the users.
Your best bet is trying all of the tips and tricks that worked on similar devices running with the same version like on here https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...stall-t3891193 from the thread replace the steps 1 and 2 by formatting data.
Also you should try with a combination files, choose a firmware with the latest bootloader that's available here https://samsungcombination.com/g950n-combination-files/

Well im on U4. Combination files here are only up to U3. Guess im stuck with what i have now it seems
9th March 2020, 09:56 PM |#44753  
Thanks Meter: 880

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdzr

Well im on U4. Combination files here are only up to U3. Guess im stuck with what i have now it seems

No, with that on mind I provided this link, combination files are supposedly to work over any bootloader version. If you get successfully flash it then you should flash a normal firmware i.e an Oreo version where root and TWRP is more easy to get.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SubwayChamp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SubwayChamp Ad-Free
10th March 2020, 12:16 AM |#44754  

More
Quote:

No, with that on mind I provided this link, combination files are supposedly to work over any bootloader version. If you get successfully flash it then you should flash a normal firmware i.e an Oreo version where root and TWRP is more easy to get.

Oh I wasnt aware of that. Alright I'll try this out. Thankyou
10th March 2020, 12:05 PM |#44755  

More
Quote:

You said in the answer to me that you can't enter any recovery nor download mode but you said in the answer to Droidriven that a specific firmware didn't flash so then?

The theory of the latest firmware is very simple, you don't need the specific build number that was previously onto your device, I referred to the build number, don't confused with a firmware for other device no matter what similar is, only you need not to flash a previous version risking that bootloader version is lower than the latest that you had, a lower version won't flash but the same or newer yes, of course assuming that the issue is not actually other than a fail update and not an FRP block or due to not enable previously USB debugging and/or OEM unlock toggle was inaccessible, could be other reasons that lead you at this state.

You said in the answer to me that you can't enter any recovery nor download mode but you said in the answer to Droidriven that a specific firmware didn't flash so then?
yes correct..i told i cnt enter recovery or download mode..ive tried flashing the firmware from that error message screen since thats the only screen i could get into..
of course assuming that the issue is not actually other than a fail update and not an FRP block or due to not enable previously USB debugging and/or OEM unlock toggle was inaccessible, could be other reasons that lead you at this state.
i actually dnt know much how the phone exactly got into this state since ive bought it the way it is now hoping to solve the issue..so i dnt know if the previous owner only failed to update or if he hasnt enabled usb debugging and oem unlock..
i just know that when i tried to flash the latest firmware with unmodified odin the process got stuck at recovery.img the first few days ive tried..
then yesterday it gave me another error..something like re-partition operation failed both if i thick or unthick repartition option..
10th March 2020, 01:31 PM |#44756  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Hi there. I think I have a very unusual question here.

So the thing is, up until now I had a Pie ROM, and I like to avoid linking my stuff to Google; so, not only do I have microG, I generally keep my contacts on my device and backup to a file regularly, rather than saving them on the cloud. Until now there has been no problem with this, and I have been creating new contacts and having them show up immediately on messaging apps like Whatsapp (privacy issues aside, I actually need that one).

However, this weekend I switched to the Q version of the same ROM (clean flash), and now, when I try to add a contact, it won't show up on Whatsapp unless I actually add it to my Google account. Since AOSP Contacts no longer even gives me the option to store them on-device, I installed Simple Contacts, which made me see this issue. When I get to choose between the two places I can store the contact, it says "Google account" and "Phone storage (not visible by other apps)". Not visible by other apps. Not only is this a discontinuity from my Pie experience, but also: how come the other contacts I meanwhile had made on-device when I was on Pie still get detected? Also, does anyone know if this is a Q thing in specific? Or is it even more specific, and should I just post on the thread for my device's ROM instead?
10th March 2020, 01:42 PM |#44757  
Forum Moderator
Flag Deep Space Station K7
Thanks Meter: 3,532

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdaM

Hi there. I think I have a very unusual question here.

So the thing is, up until now I had a Pie ROM, and I like to avoid linking my stuff to Google; so, not only do I have microG, I generally keep my contacts on my device and backup to a file regularly, rather than saving them on the cloud. Until now there has been no problem with this, and I have been creating new contacts and having them show up immediately on messaging apps like Whatsapp (privacy issues aside, I actually need that one).

However, this weekend I switched to the Q version of the same ROM (clean flash), and now, when I try to add a contact, it won't show up on Whatsapp unless I actually add it to my Google account. Since AOSP Contacts no longer even gives me the option to store them on-device, I installed Simple Contacts, which made me see this issue. When I get to choose between the two places I can store the contact, it says "Google account" and "Phone storage (not visible by other apps)". Not visible by other apps. Not only is this a discontinuity from my Pie experience, but also: how come the other contacts I meanwhile had made on-device when I was on Pie still get detected? Also, does anyone know if this is a Q thing in specific? Or is it even more specific, and should I just post on the thread for my device's ROM instead?

You might want to read through the simple contacts issues https://github.com/SimpleMobileTools...cts/issues/370
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ktmom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ktmom Ad-Free
10th March 2020, 02:38 PM |#44758  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmom

You might want to read through the simple contacts issues https://github.com/SimpleMobileTools...cts/issues/370

Indeed, thanks.

Anyway, meanwhile I made a few more experiments, and it turns out that no new contacts I add on AOSP Contacts appear on contacts.google.com, despite it saying there that it saves to my account - which is exactly what I got on Pie. So, apparently the source of this confusion was that I had already added the guy I was adding today at some point in the past, back when I saved contacts to google.

(I mean, I was finding this weird, considering that I had previously read that people with microG can't save to google contacts to begin with.)

So basically all good now.
10th March 2020, 07:06 PM |#44759  
Thanks Meter: 880

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyjuayasinghe84

yes correct..i told i cnt enter recovery or download mode..ive tried flashing the firmware from that error message screen since thats the only screen i could get into..

Assuming that cnt (sic) is near to can't as contraction of can not actually I'm not sure what you meant but despite that it looks like you are having troubles with flashing through download or Odin mode.

Quote:

i just know that when i tried to flash the latest firmware with unmodified odin the process got stuck at recovery.img the first few days ive tried..
then yesterday it gave me another error..something like re-partition operation failed both if i thick or unthick repartition option..

Try first with a different Odin version, also there are a modded Odin By PrimceComsy like this https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...-13-1-t3762572

And also you could try by searching for "combination files" for your specific model.
The Following User Says Thank You to SubwayChamp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SubwayChamp Ad-Free
11th March 2020, 09:35 AM |#44760  
Flag Cologne / Koeln
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Hi,

I've got a problem that originally seemed to be quite minor but that now bothers me greatly.
I hope someone can explain/advise:

With my Galaxy S9 (rooted, LineageOS 15.1) I mostly go online using my phone's data plan; so, to reduce data traffic, in App-Info I withdrew permission to access the internet for all those apps that don't need it to function, and thought that that was it.

Recently, however, I installed "GlassWire", and to my amazement found four apps listed that did NOT have permission for web access.

GlassWire has a built-in firewall, so I activated that for those four apps - no change.

I remembered that some years ago I played around for a while with "AFWall+", so I reinstalled that and also activated IT for those four apps - no change.

HOW can an app that doesn't have permission and is blocked by two firewalls access the internet?

-bug in Android 8.1?
-some very sneaky programming of those apps?
-something I did wrong?

Please advise!

Here's an example:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200309-154421_Einstellungen.png
Views:	136
Size:	188.8 KB
ID:	4968849   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200309-154412_GlassWire.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	155.2 KB
ID:	4968851  
14th March 2020, 04:01 PM |#44761  

More
Quote:

Okay i have tried flashing combination firmwares but what i feared is what happened. Same binary error that hapens when bl mismatch happens. so thats a no go. Any more help please? Sammy going byebye from my side *Sigh*
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, beginner, confused, guidance, help needed, help thread, lost, newbie, noob, questions and answers

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)