[ROM][4.4] Unofficial CyanogenMod 11.0

7,135 posts
Thanks Meter: 13,312

By Unjustified Dev, Recognized Developer on 10th November 2013, 08:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th February 2015, 05:22 PM |#441  
Thanks Meter: 109

More
Semi retired my Fassy recently. Had been running Jellybro 4.2 Rom with Devil kernel and it worked fine. Only issue I had was that the Facebook app would bring the device to its knees because it caches so much data.

Never could get the 4.4 roms to work well enough probably due to the lack of memory. You just can't run much in 400 mb of ram.

Sent from a Freedompop HTC Evo 4G
6th June 2016, 11:57 PM |#442  
Flag Williams, Oregon
Thanks Meter: 14

Donate to Me
More
I am assuming this thread is Dead, CM10.1 is my favorite, but the swipe down for statusbar in fullscreen apps would be welcome.
7th June 2016, 08:23 PM |#443  
Thanks Meter: 73

More
Unhappy
I have a Fascinate that I run 24/7 as a Pandora streamer at work. It has been in use for years. I've had it on cm-11-20140604-UNOFFICIAL-fascinatemtd.zip for over a year. I think the OLED LCD actually has some burn in. It's an interesting test of longevity!

I do wonder if Pandora will eventually consume too much RAM to be usable on it.
22nd June 2016, 01:59 PM |#444  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by swaaye

I have a Fascinate that I run 24/7 as a Pandora streamer at work. It has been in use for years. I've had it on cm-11-20140604-UNOFFICIAL-fascinatemtd.zip for over a year. I think the OLED LCD actually has some burn in. It's an interesting test of longevity!

I do wonder if Pandora will eventually consume too much RAM to be usable on it.

That's awesome to hear. I'm firing my wife's old one back up to use in my son's powerwheels for a radio!
28th June 2016, 03:39 AM |#445  
Flag Williams, Oregon
Thanks Meter: 14

Donate to Me
More
This CM11 seems to have damaged something in my fassy SoC, Before I flashed this I was running CM10.1 as my DD, when I flashed this it was slow and hot. So I restored my CWM backup of CM10.1, and it is getting quite hot.
14th March 2020, 05:56 PM |#446  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unjustified Dev

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4 (Kit Kat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */
CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Downloads

Latest Build:

12/6/13
https://www.mediafire.com/?hewzcibr5qv2pww

Gapps 4.4 http://www.androidfilehost.com/?a=sh...iles&flid=7993

Installation

- First time flashing CM-11.0 to your Galaxy S (or coming from another ROM)?
  1. Download Rom , Gapps and zip from the below step to sdcard.
  2. Reboot into Recovery using 3-button-combo
  3. Flash 4.4 kernel zip to gain twrp http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23212708291679682 flash through recovery
  4. Reboot recovery and you will now be in twrp
  5. Select WIPE: go to advanced (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache + dalvik cache partition)
  6. Install the ROM then install Gapps don't install them simultaneously

- Coming from 4.4
  1. WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
  2. Flash Rom and Gapps from above

Special Thanks
Pawtip ,Bbelos ,Derteufel , Juansheng , and Bdogg
This is a test build thanks to everyone for helping me

@Unjustified Dev
Hey, where is the gapps for this? It is gone.
17th March 2020, 06:57 AM |#447  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fury_Phoenix

@Unjustified Dev
Hey, where is the gapps for this? It is gone.

Search up " gapps " on Google..click the first link..
Select ARM (I suppose ..I'm not flashing this rn just looking around so I assume it's ARM) and then 4.4 ..id suggest downloading pico as it's the smallest package possible.

also I didn't simply put the link to gapps as I'm not eligible to post links yet
The Following User Says Thank You to Michael Street For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Michael Street Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)