FORUMS

View Poll Results: Did you find this thread useful?

Yes, it was very helpful to me.

1,622 Vote(s)
64.03%
No, I didn't feel it helped me.

420 Vote(s)
16.58%
I don't know.

491 Vote(s)
19.38%

[HELP THREAD] Ask ANY Question. Noob Friendly.

4,428 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,932

Post Reply Email Thread
16th March 2020, 10:38 AM |#44771  
Flag Aachen
Thanks Meter: 74

More
Hi guys I have a really old Lenovo Zuk Z1.
I still use this phone and want to update the OS. Right now I am using a custom Rom: RR. How can I Update this Rom by myself?
Is there a guide?
16th March 2020, 12:52 PM |#44772  
Forum Moderator
Flag Deep Space Station K7
Thanks Meter: 3,532

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driv

Hi guys I have a really old Lenovo Zuk Z1.
I still use this phone and want to update the OS. Right now I am using a custom Rom: RR. How can I Update this Rom by myself?
Is there a guide?

Here is your device forum. There are guides in the general forum.
The Following User Says Thank You to ktmom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ktmom Ad-Free
16th March 2020, 01:36 PM |#44773  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 2,999

More
Sign
A shameless bump from a similar "ask anything" thread, where there was no response. I am hoping maybe someone who reads this "ask anything" thread may know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondJohn

There is a thread to get APK's from the PlayStore, if you know exactly which one, but it is blocked or something in your region. https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2392504

Is there a thread where you can ask a more general question like "I am looking for an app that does X, Y & Z?"

The answer could be the PlayStore, an XDA thread, F-DROID etc etc.

Should I take the lack of response in the other thread as a no?
16th March 2020, 05:42 PM |#44774  
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag Bhilai, India
Thanks Meter: 3,008

More
Quote:

A shameless bump from a similar "ask anything" thread, where there was no response. I am hoping maybe someone who reads this "ask anything" thread may know.

Should I take the lack of response in the other thread as a no?

I don't get what you mean but assuming that you want to side load apps which are unavailable in your region. There are some good websites like Apkmirror which provides the packages. Check that I guess?

Alao about asking questions regarding apps that does X and Y is totally fine atleast in this thread.
16th March 2020, 11:53 PM |#44775  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Sydney

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImpulson

I don't get what you mean but assuming that you want to side load apps which are unavailable in your region. There are some good websites like Apkmirror which provides the packages. Check that I guess?

Alao about asking questions regarding apps that does X and Y is totally fine atleast in this thread.

I am a dev, I already install many non playstore apps, including ones I builds myself.

Sorry if i wasn't clear, but I was looking for a thread that was similar to the one I linked, but NOT for apps that are necessarily on the play store, and they may even be availab;e in your region, its just that you don't know what / which it is. Also, the thread I linked was specifically for when you know which app you want.

My question was about knowing what you want the app to do, but not knowing which app can do it.

I guess a very simple example may clarify. A post on such a thread may look something like
Code:
I want an app that can be used to log my step count for the day
If these kind of posts were made ti this thread, I would fear it would subtract from the more general Q&A bent of the how what why of this thread.
17th March 2020, 12:42 PM |#44776  
Quote:

I am a dev, I already install many non playstore apps, including ones I builds myself.

Sorry if i wasn't clear, but I was looking for a thread that was similar to the one I linked, but NOT for apps that are necessarily on the play store, and they may even be availab;e in your region, its just that you don't know what / which it is. Also, the thread I linked was specifically for when you know which app you want.

My question was about knowing what you want the app to do, but not knowing which app can do it.

I guess a very simple example may clarify. A post on such a thread may look something like

Code:
I want an app that can be used to log my step count for the day
If these kind of posts were made ti this thread, I would fear it would subtract from the more general Q&A bent of the how what why of this thread.

I don't know of any type of "app suggestion" thread here at XDA.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Droidriven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Droidriven Ad-Free
17th March 2020, 01:02 PM |#44777  
Flag Eugene
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Looking for a root method for ANS L51
I recently got a Assurance wireless ANS L51 on Virgin Mobile. I have searched the web a few different times but almost every result I received from Google was for either different device or stuff that didn't have anything to do with Android phones. I have found here on XDA reference to the L51 model but they didn't mention the ANS and they looked to be a couple of years old. An odd thing I discovered when I enabled developer settings, I can't enable OEM unlock because it says that the bootloader is not locked. This straight out of the box. A side issue is that though I was able to activate my phone and in the about phone section it says that my voice service is online and my data is online, but though I can send and receive texts and calls, when I attempt to make use of my data it says "waiting for network" or "no network connection". I searched for a virgin mobile apn but I wasn't able to get my data to work with any of the ones I found. Any help would be greatly appreciated on either the rooting or getting the data working.
18th March 2020, 12:02 AM |#44778  
Quote:
Originally Posted by CabbyKing

I recently got a Assurance wireless ANS L51 on Virgin Mobile. I have searched the web a few different times but almost every result I received from Google was for either different device or stuff that didn't have anything to do with Android phones. I have found here on XDA reference to the L51 model but they didn't mention the ANS and they looked to be a couple of years old. An odd thing I discovered when I enabled developer settings, I can't enable OEM unlock because it says that the bootloader is not locked. This straight out of the box. A side issue is that though I was able to activate my phone and in the about phone section it says that my voice service is online and my data is online, but though I can send and receive texts and calls, when I attempt to make use of my data it says "waiting for network" or "no network connection". I searched for a virgin mobile apn but I wasn't able to get my data to work with any of the ones I found. Any help would be greatly appreciated on either the rooting or getting the data working.

What kind of SIM are you using?

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
18th March 2020, 09:05 AM |#44779  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Does anyone got any info on androidmtk.com? are they legit, safe to use roms linked in there?
23rd March 2020, 11:34 AM |#44780  
Thanks Meter: 89

More
How come every emulation for Windows stopped when smartphones barely had 2 gigabytes of ram? I find it hard to believe some smartphones like S20 Ultra can't run it. I can imagine the coding needed to be done to make it work would be insane, but not impossible. Any idea if such projects are active?
The Following User Says Thank You to Raresh T For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Raresh T Ad-Free
23rd March 2020, 12:19 PM |#44781  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Sydney

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raresh T

How come every emulation for Windows stopped when smartphones barely had 2 gigabytes of ram? I find it hard to believe some smartphones like S20 Ultra can't run it. I can imagine the coding needed to be done to make it work would be insane, but not impossible. Any idea if such projects are active?

If you are talking about an android emulator running on a windows system then that has not stopped. Developers do have emulators that are still running on windows. Look into Android Studio.

They are not easily rootable, but they are still emulators. I use them to test apps on official devices.
The Following User Says Thank You to DiamondJohn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DiamondJohn Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, beginner, confused, guidance, help needed, help thread, lost, newbie, noob, questions and answers

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)