FORUMS

[APP] Cisco Anyconnect VPN for Android

509 posts
Thanks Meter: 43

By ferparedes, Senior Member on 12th July 2011, 09:02 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Don't know if everyone knows this. Cisco Anyconnect app is available in the Android market. You will find two different versions, one that says is for Samsung devices and the other says it is for rooted devices (no mention of brand).

I downloaded the one for rooted devices, installed correctly, and after complaining that the tun.k module was not found, I loaded it in the kernel and the app is working just fine.

tip: If you're on a kernel that has tun support just open a terminal and type:

su
modprobe tun
profit (no I'm kidding, don't type that

that's it.

My phone is running non-stock (Darky 9.5, Dark Core 2.4), i9000T from Mexico.

EDIT: Cisco...phew....they think they're the center of the universe. The VPN app places an icon up in the notification area and it stays there even when you're not using the VPN connection. Sometimes those guys can be so annoying.
The Following User Says Thank You to ferparedes For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ferparedes Ad-Free
5th August 2011, 10:04 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Unhappy Control notifications
Hello,

Thank you for the information, I searched a while ago and am happy to see that they released it after all

But this notification thing is so annoying that I download it to use it when I really need it and then uninstall it... Kind of a p*** in the a**...

SO, I was wondering, does anyone knows a way to disable notifications for a specific application ?
Or an app that would manage that, maybe an app that would control the permissions given to the applications (if the ability to display notifications needs a specific permission..) ?

Thank you
10th August 2011, 05:24 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mexico City
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Yeah, it's a royal pain in the butt. Simple way to get rid of it is just force close the app. Go to settings-> Applications -> Downloaded and look for Anyconnect there and force close. When you need it again just run it as a normal app.

I keep it on my tablet but tbh uninstalled it from my phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to ferparedes For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ferparedes Ad-Free
18th March 2020, 06:59 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
That app still on?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
anyconnect, cisco, tun, vpn

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)