FORUMS

[All XDA Members] Requests to Moderators and Admins

18,071 posts
Thanks Meter: 8,835
 
By NotATreoFan, Senior Moderator / Developer & Moderator Committees, and More on 6th November 2012, 04:19 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th March 2020, 07:22 PM |#3421  
Krowne's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,705
 
Donate to Me
More
Question Download section
Yesterday I made an update of my Xposed module, and when entering the download section, and trying to upload the file as I have always done, at the end of the upload, it gives an error, and does not allow uploading the file, it's less than 5MB. Is it a mistake, or am I missing something?

This is the link of the post where I try to do it in the download section.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=3223791

I know that from this year, some browsers deactivate flash, but I do not think it is the problem, since I have activated it and it was loading, until reaching 100% that gives an error.

I have added a screenshot of error.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-03-18_193633.png
Views:	68
Size:	3.6 KB
ID:	4974173  
18th March 2020, 07:45 PM |#3422  
SacredDeviL666's Avatar
Senior Moderator - "Like Duh"
¤No Man's Land¤
Thanks Meter: 8,037
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krowne

Yesterday I made an update of my Xposed module, and when entering the download section, and trying to upload the file as I have always done, at the end of the upload, it gives an error, and does not allow uploading the file, it's less than 5MB. Is it a mistake, or am I missing something?

This is the link of the post where I try to do it in the download section.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=3223791

I know that from this year, some browsers deactivate flash, but I do not think it is the problem, since I have activated it and it was loading, until reaching 100% that gives an error.

I have added a screenshot of error.

If you have the file do share a link by pm and i will try to upload it to the thread to check if the issue persists.

Alternatively you could report the thread and a MOD should be able to look into it and pass it on
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SacredDeviL666 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SacredDeviL666 Ad-Free
18th March 2020, 08:03 PM |#3423  
Krowne's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,705
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SacredDeviL666

If you have the file do share a link by pm and i will try to upload it to the thread to check if the issue persists.

Alternatively you could report the thread and a MOD should be able to look into it and pass it on

Do you mean that I upload the file to another site and post the link here so you can download it and try to upload it to see if the error persists?

The file is in the Xposed repository https://dl-xda.xposed.info/modules/k...790_b58ec4.apk there gave me no trouble uploading, but the download counter doesn't work (I already reported about it on the repository website).

Do you want me to also leave a notification in my thread referring to this same problem that I have reported here?
18th March 2020, 08:27 PM |#3424  
SacredDeviL666's Avatar
Senior Moderator - "Like Duh"
¤No Man's Land¤
Thanks Meter: 8,037
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krowne

Do you mean that I upload the file to another site and post the link here so you can download it and try to upload it to see if the error persists?

The file is in the Xposed repository https://dl-xda.xposed.info/modules/k...790_b58ec4.apk there gave me no trouble uploading, but the download counter doesn't work (I already reported about it on the repository website).

Yeaps the same error is persisting, looks like a temp error from site end.

probably @MikeChannon or @bitpushr can look into this for you



Quote:
Originally Posted by Krowne

Do you want me to also leave a notification in my thread referring to this same problem that I have reported here?

Nopes, meant to use the "Report" function on that post/thread - like this one - https://forum.xda-developers.com/report.php?p=63266615
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SacredDeviL666 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SacredDeviL666 Ad-Free
30th March 2020, 12:48 AM |#3425  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 2,700
 
More
the thread search functionality is not working for me:
Code:
An error occurred while performing a Searchlight query:
received zero sized searchd response
If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator.
and I just noticed that "searchd" is incorrectly spelt
31st March 2020, 04:56 AM |#3426  
mattgyver's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag diffusing a bomb of sorts somewhere on XDA with nothing but a paperclip and a wad of chewing gum.
Thanks Meter: 2,937
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondJohn

the thread search functionality is not working for me:


and I just noticed that "searchd" is incorrectly spelt

It's a forum code issue, perhaps. @MikeChannon might know more?

Not misspelled. It's a function 'searchd'
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mattgyver For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mattgyver Ad-Free
31st March 2020, 10:50 AM |#3427  
MikeChannon's Avatar
Senior Moderator / Forum Admin
Thanks Meter: 13,003
 
10
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondJohn

the thread search functionality is not working for me:

Code:
An error occurred while performing a Searchlight query:
received zero sized searchd response
If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator.
and I just noticed that "searchd" is incorrectly spelt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattgyver

It's a forum code issue, perhaps. @MikeChannon might know more?

Not misspelled. It's a function 'searchd'

Sometimes the Searchlight database needs re-built but I just tested thread search and it worked ok.

Are you still getting this error?

Mike
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MikeChannon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MikeChannon Ad-Free
31st March 2020, 12:20 PM |#3428  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 2,700
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeChannon

Sometimes the Searchlight database needs re-built but I just tested thread search and it worked ok.

Are you still getting this error?

no, now its working tested both the simple one at the top of the page, and the advanced.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DiamondJohn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DiamondJohn Ad-Free
4th April 2020, 06:39 AM |#3429  
methuselah's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,104
 
More
@MikeChannon Ca you implement this! https://imgur.com/cMkOeRU
The username to whom we are sending the message is bigger than the subject. So normally what happens the user just clicks the username instead of message heading to open the message. This happens most of the times. If that would be possible to make the username small in the PM page and the subject bigger. This would require redesign of the PM itself i guess in CSS.
4th April 2020, 04:58 PM |#3430  
MikeChannon's Avatar
Senior Moderator / Forum Admin
Thanks Meter: 13,003
 
10
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by methuselah

@MikeChannon Ca you implement this! https://imgur.com/cMkOeRU
The username to whom we are sending the message is bigger than the subject. So normally what happens the user just clicks the username instead of message heading to open the message. This happens most of the times. If that would be possible to make the username small in the PM page and the subject bigger. This would require redesign of the PM itself i guess in CSS.

Yes, I've clicked username instead of message title a few times myself. BUT, the server guys are working on some changes that might affect this so I can't promise any changes to the CSS in the near term.

Mike
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MikeChannon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MikeChannon Ad-Free
5th April 2020, 03:52 AM |#3431  
methuselah's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,104
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeChannon

Yes, I've clicked username instead of message title a few times myself. BUT, the server guys are working on some changes that might affect this so I can't promise any changes to the CSS in the near term.
Mike


No Issues.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes