[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][alpha] LineageOS 17.1 for Redmi K30 5G (picasso) (20200419)

Search This thread

Cedric1223

Feb 10, 2020
you can use patched magisk in https://xdaforums.com/redmi-k30-5g/development/recovery-lineageos-recovery-17-1-redmi-t4059879 to root device

Thanks for your ROM since I have been using it for a couple of days with no critical problem found. However,
1. Since 5G NSA falls under LTE, is it possible to make it displaying "NR" or something else to indicate that the phone is on 5G network? If impossible, is there any other ways to know whether the phone is on 5G or not?
2. Is there a working root solution for it?

Thank you for your time and effort :D

anotherLongUsername

Mar 21, 2020
Reactions: two2wolf

sfdagbdfvd

Apr 21, 2020
Just FYI the latest TWRP which now works with dynamic partition works pretty well with this rom, if only we can find the source to that thing

superaidesu

May 4, 2020
Could you please upgrade to a newer MIUI firmware? The firmware currently used has a security vulnerability. The imei can be obtained by "getprop | grep imei" in a non-root terminal. It allows apps to obtain imei without any permission granted. This issue was fixed in newer MIUI versions, but I'm not sure which exactly. Also there are a few minor bugs with this rom. The Google apps included in the patched opengapps can't switch to dark mode.(EDIT: solved by updating to the newest beta version in play store) Some social apps can't have background audio call (the microphone won't capture sounds). In battery saver mode, even background audio playback is sometimes completely stopped. In some situations volume can't be adjusted. I guess there may be some issues with the audio driver. I really enjoy Los and I hope these issues can be dealt with. Thank you for your work!

Last edited:

thekidelvis

Feb 22, 2012
Hey i dont get the part "PLUS the vendor and odm partition images of its required MIUI version for the ROM to actually work." where do i find those files on the firmware zip and how do i flash them? Wouldnt just sideloading the zip work

it's Simon

Jun 5, 2020
hello !

i love k30 5g's hardware but MIUI isn't for me... so i wanted to know if this rom supports 120Hz refresh rate, 'cause it's the best feature if this phone and it would be great if this lineage build was compatible...

hussaint

Feb 5, 2016
OnePlus 2
OnePlus 5T
I am wondering if this rom will support the new Poco F2 pro which almost every review states is the same hardware as the Redmi K30 Pro, which I assume is the what is referred to as the K30 5G, as the F2 is 5G as well.

I'd also be greatly if anyone can confirm if they have tried this rom on a Poco F2 pro.

jjjhitel

Feb 7, 2016
Incheon
I am wondering if this rom will support the new Poco F2 pro which almost every review states is the same hardware as the Redmi K30 Pro, which I assume is the what is referred to as the K30 5G, as the F2 is 5G as well.

I'd also be greatly if anyone can confirm if they have tried this rom on a Poco F2 pro.

They are not the same models.

K30 5G = SD765G
POCO F2 PRO = K30 PRO = SD865

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FEDeuCH.png

WARNING

DO NOT try to install this on the non-5G version of Redmi K30. This ROM is ONLY intended for Redmi K30 5G and they are NOT the same device. Their difference is more than just 5G or non-5G.

Introduction

This is an UNOFFICIAL port of LineageOS 17.1 (based on Android 10) for the device Redmi K30 5G, codenamed Picasso.

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's working

- All basic mobile phone features (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Cellular Data, Phone Calls, SMS, etc., incl. 5G and VoLTE)

Known Issues

- (For Chinese Users) NO Alipay / WeChat Pay fingerprint support, and no plan to add support for them. Ask Alibaba / Tencent to support the standard Android biometrics API, not me to make my ROM support their API.
    - 3.5mm jack does not work for some reason. (Will be fixed in the next release) Fixed since 20200311
    - Wi-Fi display is not implemented since I have no device to test it on
    - VoWiFi is not tested since I have no carrier support
    - No 5G toggle. You cannot disable / enable 5G support. It's on by default and it goes to 5G if it can. (Note: there seems to be a dedicated network type option now in settings - mobile network for 5G NR, but I checked AOSP source code and that's only for 5G SA, and 5G NSA still falls under LTE, not the NR type)
    - CTS does not pass because xiaomi's build fingerprint is not CTS-verified. You are on your own finding a solution to this. (Hint: Magisk modules)
    - (For Developers) I cannot build a working DTB image from the sources provided by Xiaomi. I do not know the exact reason and for now I'm using prebuilt DTB and DTBO images, which you can extract from the official ROM and its boot.img.
    - I'm not sure if there is any other issue, but at least nothing deal-breaking for me.

Instructions (Install / Upgrade) (IMPORTANT)

Side Note: I am fully aware that there is a TWRP port for this device, however it seems to be based on a modified version of TWRP whose source code I cannot find. The official TWRP repository (that I can see) does not even support Android 10 dynamic partitions yet, let alone porting it to this device. Of course it is possible that the author of that TWRP port has access to some internal testing version of TWRP, but since I cannot access the source code either way, I cannot do tests on the TWRP port. The LineageOS recovery I ported is adjusted specifically for this ROM and I have only tested the ROM on my LineageOS recovery port. If you choose to use the TWRP port, you are on your own, and do not ask me for problems you may encounter by using that port.

1. Install LineageOS 17.1 Recovery following my guide in the other thread (https://xdaforums.com/redmi-k30-5g/development/recovery-lineageos-recovery-17-1-redmi-t4059879), DO NOT use TWRP because it will NOT work for devices with dynamic partitions.
    2. Reboot to LineageOS Recovery, wipe all data (skip if you are upgrading) (BACKUP ALL YOUR DATA TO A COMPUTER BEFORE FLASHING)
    3. Flash required OFFICIAL MIUI version via adb sideload before flashing LineageOS 17.1. (consult the Downloads section for the corresponding MIUI version required for each LineageOS release)
    - Flash OFFICIAL, not Xiaomi.eu or any other modified version.
    - You can skip this step if you already have the required MIUI firmware + vendor version flashed before (e.g. if you upgrade from an older release of my LineageOS port and I did not change the required MIUI version)
    - You can choose to try installing LOS on non-tested MIUI versions, though they are not tested so expect some hiccups or even disasters.
    - DO NOT just flash the firmware of the required MIUI version. Always flash the full MIUI ROM (no additional wiping needed if you do not actually boot into MIUI). This ROM depends on the vendor partition provided by MIUI to work. You will need to flash at least the firmware PLUS the vendor and odm partition images of its required MIUI version for the ROM to actually work.
    4. Flash LineageOS 17.1 zip via adb sideload
    5. Reboot to Recovery (If you want to install Magisk or OpenGAPPS or both, else just reboot to system
    6. Select "Mount /system" in the rebooted Recovery, ignore any error that may pop up on the screen
    7. If you would like to, install Magisk (you MUST use a version later than or equal to 20.4)
    8. If you would like to, install patched OpenGAPPS zip (available in Downloads section. You MUST use the patched OpenGAPPS for now.)
    9. Reboot and enjoy. Magisk may cause your phone to double-boot (i.e. auto-reboot after the logo disappears) on first boot. If your phone boots up the second time then it will be fine.

Downloads

20200419: https://mega.nz/file/LAJjCYDT#L1Rd-WFJQ7SaU3vfAxU2y7AJsfH9qZ3fSAKMTQhgPWM
    (MIUI firmware / vendor version tested on: miui_PICASSO_V11.0.11.0.QGICNXM_65ec88895f_10.0)
    Changelog:
    - Updated LOS source (April patch)
    - You can now install the OFFICIAL version of Magisk >= 20.4 without modification

20200311: https://mega.nz/#!iB53SIKQ!ewdfMNFHmHjOemDDuYcgQO2t1KgrB9hx6YXYAdLKxU4
    (MIUI firmware / vendor version tested on: miui_PICASSO_V11.0.11.0.QGICNXM_65ec88895f_10.0)
    Changelog:
    - Fixed 3.5mm jack support
    - Lowered minimum allowable brightness to match the auto brightness curve
    - Synchronized LineageOS 17.1 March Security Patch update

20200307: https://mega.nz/#!KQ5jkbAQ!dJspI92ls3BiVGk8FIGbVf4b4QBkwaaLUUr_NKX020A

Patched OpenGAPPS 20200306 (2): https://mega.nz/#!2EwVzAJR!NmBbO1_ao5ziyup6UVx64lZK06_VGNXSsFDA9T4sOO0
    (Changelog: added `sync` after flashing to ensure everything is actually written to /system; also added a flag to `tar` to ignore creation times because that seems to break sometimes in our recovery)
    Patched OpenGAPPS 20200306: https://mega.nz/#!2NgHXL6T!Z7J6AbJ7i4y9AuflIF0v_7KLbAO8XVV4ACsk13oz380
    (What's patched: the `busybox` included in OpenGAPPS cannot mount the system partition as Read-Write in LineageOS Recovery for some reason. I edited the install script to use the `mount` command provided by the recovery instead of busybox. Also I removed the unmounting at the end of installation since it seem to stall the whole recovery, which means you will have to flash OpenGAPPS at the very last of your flashing process.)

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 17.1 for Redmi K30 5G, ROM for the Redmi K30 5G

Contributors
    PeterCxy
    Source Code: https://github.com/PeterCxy/android_device_xiaomi_picasso

ROM OS Version: Android 10

Version Information

Created 2020-03-08
    Last Updated 2020-03-08
    Updated 20200311
    Hi, there! There is something I can't figure out:

Is there any checksums for ROM?
    BTW, is there any force encryption feature in LineageOS?

However, thanks for your ROM.

No checksum, but since Mega.nz uses end-to-end-encryption it should do checksum on its own. Also you can verify the package against testkeys.

Force encryption is of course enabled by default.

Thank you, it works! And there is another question:
    3. How can I take a 64MP photo? The camera is detected with 16.1 MP, even in stock MIUI ROM. However, it is possible to take a 64MP photo while using stock ROM. How did they do this? Is it possible in this ROM?
    Many thanks :D
    can this rom support k30 5g speed edition? tyia