Thanks Meter: 6,690

By noname81, Senior Member on 2nd November 2011, 08:51 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th March 2020, 07:53 AM |#14141  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondJohn

I am assuming the duplicate icons at different levels do different things. The other thing to remember, is that each hot-spot also has a long press action, effectively doubling your hot-spots.

---------- Post added at 23:49 ---------- Previous post was at 23:28 ----------

I just went back and checked my code. I noticed I used a "kill". Although not very "polite", it may be worth a try, as I would expect it force-ably shuts the process down quicker. However, I would also guess its the starting of the service that takes the majority of the time.

Have you timed each individual step?

sorry for my late reply.
killall command is invalid on my device.
my tested each step is as below:
force-stop: ~1.9s
cp: 166ms
startservice:~1.6s
stopservice:~1.6s
stopservice can save 300ms than force-stop.
The Following User Says Thank You to tyc600 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tyc600 Ad-Free
20th March 2020, 01:44 AM |#14142  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 2,686

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyc600

sorry for my late reply.
killall command is invalid on my device.
my tested each step is as below:
force-stop: ~1.9s
cp: 166ms
startservice:~1.6s
stopservice:~1.6s
stopservice can save 300ms than force-stop.

There are many ways to skin a cat.

Do you have busybox installed? KillAll is part of busybox.

one method which may actually help with times is sending a kill signal. There are many options, and maybe, just maybe, one will force/trick LMT to not need to reload/restart the service, but trigger the reload. You can play with these using this app i built. Although it specifically does not use busybox, it will show you the way to fin what the options are.
Code:
busybox killall -l
https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...ation-t3806260

You can find the feature in the menu under:
Application Info /Manage>State>Kill All - Send Signal

But if your ROM doesn't support it,I dont think it will work for you. Maybe some kind of symlink-y thingy

Another thing I have used in the past is getting all threads of a process by name, and then looping though each thread (pid) and killing that. But that wont decrease the time at all.

Getting all the threads is also shown in the above app under:
Busybox>PS Threads User Limited

and enter "noname"

---------- Post added at 11:44 ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 ----------

also look at https://unix.stackexchange.com/quest...parent-process
you can send the signals using plain kill
20th March 2020, 12:19 PM |#14143  
Flag Oslo
Thanks Meter: 125

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noname81

Thanks for the logs and the good bug descriptions. The problem seems to be _all_ actions which require root on OnePlus phones with Android 10. A lot of actions have non root implementations as well, but the root ones are often preferred, since they are e.g. faster. So when you hide root from lmt, it falls into non root mode and activates other action implementations. This is what you see with the pie pointer, which also has an implementation based on accessibility permission.

I don't see the root cause of the problem in your logs, so it will be hard to track down this device specific issue. Can you test to set your device into selinux permissive mode, force restart lmt and check if it's working? Thanks!

I tried selinux permissive, but there doesn't seem to be any change in behavior. Do you want logs with permissive as well?
23rd March 2020, 04:25 AM |#14144  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
on my android 10, seems like LMT suddenly not working,
no trigger area (process still there), then suddenly back working itself
23rd March 2020, 06:52 AM |#14145  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonwch

on my android 10, seems like LMT suddenly not working,
no trigger area (process still there), then suddenly back working itself

for me its working

Sent from my Asus ZenFone 3 Deluxe using XDA Labs
24th March 2020, 01:39 AM |#14146  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tecnicopascoal

for me its working

seems like it always disabled at around this timeframe. It's still running in notification bar, accessibility still ON, and still activated. Then no matter I deactivate and reactivate, turn OFF/ON accessibility, it still doesnt appear at all. Need device restart
24th March 2020, 06:52 PM |#14147  
Thanks Meter: 77

More
Is it possible to add Chrome Pie featurea into LMT Launcher? More specifically, having subactions for each pie "slice" and more browser specific actions?
25th March 2020, 10:22 AM |#14148  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter: 7,715

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tecnicopascoal

for me its working

Thank you so much for your helpful reply... LMT doesn't work since I switched to Android 10. I reinstalled the app from scratch, rebooted, posted logs...
28th March 2020, 10:41 PM |#14149  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primokorn

Thank you so much for your helpful reply... LMT doesn't work since I switched to Android 10. I reinstalled the app from scratch, rebooted, posted logs...

Same here... On Android 10.. just keep saying switch lmt accessibility service.. it's on in settings.. tried switching accessibility service off and on.. still same error
On version 3.1
28th March 2020, 11:35 PM |#14150  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 2,686

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primokorn

let mestart by saying i can see your sarcasm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drneet

Same here... On Android 10.. just keep saying switch lmt accessibility service.. it's on in settings.. tried switching accessibility service off and on.. still same error
On version 3.1

Just letting you guys know my experience. I have my daily phone runningOreo, adn two test /devphones, noth running the exact same Android 10 ROM. I tried installing LMT on the 1st dev and it didnt work so I just moved on. Anyway, a few days later I was using the otehr dev phone (and missing LMT), so I installed it on the second phone, and it worked!

I have not investigated to find what the difference is, but it would indicate to me that it is something I have done differently (ie config) between the two devices, and not necessarily a limitation of LMT.
The Following User Says Thank You to DiamondJohn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DiamondJohn Ad-Free
29th March 2020, 12:52 PM |#14151  
Recognized Contributor
Flag IDK
Thanks Meter: 15,851

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drneet

On version 3.1

LMT 3.1 is working as expected on my Samsung S10+ One UI V2.0 Snapdragon variant - ie: No Root using Accessibility Settings.

Sent from my SM-G975W using XDA Labs
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200329-075001_XDA Labs.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	242.3 KB
ID:	4981265  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, gesture, launcher, lmt, pie

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)