FORUMS

[TOOLS][ZIPS][SCRIPTS] osm0sis' Odds and Ends [Multiple Devices/Platforms]

13,948 posts
Thanks Meter: 31,052

By osm0sis, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 18th April 2013, 12:37 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th March 2020, 03:09 AM |#2661  
Thanks Meter: 1,357

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by osm0sis

...I hid the post...

you could edit your post to remove the reference to the other BusyBox (in his post that you quoted).
The Following User Says Thank You to m0han For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift m0han Ad-Free
18th March 2020, 06:57 PM |#2662  
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0han

you could edit your post to remove the reference to the other BusyBox (in his post that you quoted).

For reference, the Magisk busybox is now basically just topjohnwu's version of my busybox, which he built with clang and so may have some things broken that mine doesn't.

The `install` command, for example, is currently broken in Magisk's busybox, and waiting on topjohnwu to look into it further. (It'll segfault after the first file supplied.)
18th March 2020, 07:49 PM |#2663  
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Thanks for clarifying (though, I've got no idea when I would use that specific command.
19th March 2020, 05:04 PM |#2664  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
but but... this thread is just incredibly useful !

Thanks a lot @osm0sis to keep maintaining this list since 2013 !! That's huge !
The Following User Says Thank You to w1nst0n_fr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift w1nst0n_fr Ad-Free
19th March 2020, 09:07 PM |#2665  
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keule-T

Thanks for clarifying (though, I've got no idea when I would use that specific command.

You might not but Magisk does.

Luckily it just uses it with a single file so nothing is technically broken in the Magisk scripts, just shows the segfault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1nst0n_fr

but but... this thread is just incredibly useful !

Thanks a lot @osm0sis to keep maintaining this list since 2013 !! That's huge !

Thanks for your support! Not only maintained but continually expanding with my new ideas for fixes, scripts and packages!

Anyone who's found my stuff useful over the years, please consider sponsoring me through my GitHub Sponsor page. GitHub is going to match the first year of funding!

https://github.com/sponsors/osm0sis
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th March 2020, 10:02 PM |#2666  
Thanks Meter: 1,719

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by osm0sis

You might not but Magisk does.

Luckily it just uses it with a single file so nothing is technically broken, just shows the segfault.

Thanks for your support! Not only maintained but continually expanding with my new ideas for fixes, scripts and packages!

Anyone who's found my stuff useful over the years, please consider sponsoring me through my GitHub Sponsor page. GitHub is going to match the first year of funding!

https://github.com/sponsors/osm0sis

I'm gonna be the one to inform people the link also tells us you're a hospital worker.

I work at an animal hospital and holy **** people are misinformed about C19, I can't imagine how things must be for someone who probably does technical work of some kind (just guessing) with the overload healthcare is getting!

Enjoy the poutine money I just sent you. (Do Canadians eat anything else?)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TotallyAnxious For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TotallyAnxious Ad-Free
19th March 2020, 10:36 PM |#2667  
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyAnxious

I'm gonna be the one to inform people the link also tells us you're a hospital worker.

I work at an animal hospital and holy **** people are misinformed about C19, I can't imagine how things must be for someone who probably does technical work of some kind (just guessing) with the overload healthcare is getting!

Enjoy the poutine money I just sent you. (Do Canadians eat anything else?)

Thank you so very much for the awesome donation! I'll be sure to spend some on poutine.

I'm actually a mental health nurse on an adult acute in-patient unit, so all this tech stuff is pure hobby. Everybody stay safe out there!
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th March 2020, 12:08 PM |#2668  
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Awesome news for custom ROM users! If your custom kernel is up-to-date with the AnyKernel3 git HEAD, it automatically has support for my new FlashAfterUpdate addon.d-v2 script, so you can easily keep a custom kernel installed through an A/B ROM OTA!

My development work on my many projects comes out of my free time, so if you enjoy this project or anything else I've done on xda, please consider sponsoring my ongoing work using my GitHub Sponsors profile. For a one-time donation you can hit the donate link from my profile. Thank you for your support!

Setup is simple!

1) Download my latest 999-flashafterupdate.sh from the attachments of the scripts post in my Odds & Ends thread (read the blurb there/follow the links for more info).
2) Put the script at /system/addon.d/999-flashafterupdate.sh and give it rwxr-xr-x (755) permissions.
3) Create the /sdcard/FlashAfterUpdate directory and put the latest kernel zip there.

When you get an A/B OTA update the custom kernel zip should now be automatically flashed again at the end, over the boot partition of the updated slot, as part of the update process. Magisk root is required, and the latest Canary build is recommended.

You can also keep TWRP installed on A/B devices where recovery is inside the boot.img (boot-as-recovery)! See my 98-twrp_ab.sh addon.d-v2 script at the above link. With all of these in place, then TWRP, Magisk, and AK3 (via FlashAfterUpdate) all get retained through an OTA!

The script gets logged in logcat during booted OTAs, just like my TWRP A/B addon.d-v2 and Magisk addon.d-v2 scripts, so keep an eye there if you're curious, AND the next TWRP will also have support for addon.d-v2 thanks to the amazing work of @k4y0z, so keep an eye out for that.

P.S. If there are any other mod zips out there that would benefit from FlashAfterUpdate addon-d.v2 support (i.e. they wouldn't be better handled by their own addon.d-v2 script), then contact the mod developer and point them to this post so they can follow my instructions for adding support.

Lastly, also feel free to pester any and all kernel devs who aren't up-to-date with their AK3 zips yet, and please link them to this post, so that we can make things easier for everyone on custom ROMs and custom kernels.
The Following 30 Users Say Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
automation, batch, flashable zip, script, tool

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)