FORUMS

**What phone should I buy next?** -- Not sure what device to buy? Ask here!

14,560 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,278

By KidCarter93, Retired Forum Moderator on 21st August 2012, 11:26 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th March 2020, 12:40 PM |#12071  
Thanks Meter: 64

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVB-Ger

Hey guys ,

I have a simple question.
What Would you prefer ?
The realme x2 pro with 128gb and 8gb RAM .
Or the k30 pro with 128gb and i think 6gb RAM .

Im so confused what i should buy

The chipsets deliver the same performance, the x2 has better screen and Dolby Atmos, lesser battery than the k30 pro. I would go with the x2 pro in this scenario. Would go with the k30 pro if the 8 gb ram version
25th March 2020, 02:45 PM |#12072  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raresh T

The chipsets deliver the same performance, the x2 has better screen and Dolby Atmos, lesser battery than the k30 pro. I would go with the x2 pro in this scenario. Would go with the k30 pro if the 8 gb ram version

Thanks for your opinion .
I Had a Xiaomi before and i was Happy with it nur i dont want to Spend more then 400 Euros for a Phone.
And i think the k30 pro with 8gb will be near the 500 Euros .
I could get the x2 pro for 370 € and thats Not to Bad i think .
25th March 2020, 09:43 PM |#12073  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raresh T

I would suggest Xiaomi is a better alternative at that price range.

Under 6 inches, there s the samsung s6. Wonderful phone, very active community

The S6 doesn't have a card slot and I really think the Xiaomi phones are too big :/ My partners Samsung J7 isnt technically that much bigger than my phone but the small difference feels like a lot. I really wouldn't want something bigger than his to be comfortable in my hand.
27th March 2020, 03:50 PM |#12074  

More
Hi everyone
Any help unlocking my
one touch X230E Z227
IMEI MOD EDIT:IMEI number removed. It is dangerous to make it public.
28th March 2020, 02:45 AM |#12075  
Thanks Meter: 246

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by black*halo

I don't use my phone that much. I was thinking I could get a nicer second hand phone for the same price as a really low tier budget phone but I just don't know anything about what phones are good or safe to get without a warranty. The only touch screen phone I've ever had is this Moto G2 that seemed like it was starting to die, but I reset it and it's running OK. I paid $180 for it and I was hoping to spend less this time. I have no use for a huge screen and this is clearly the main option culling my selections, trying to keep the height under 6 inches. I want a phone with a 3.5mm that can run a fairly sensitive IEM without noticeable hiss and a storage expansion slot. GSM unlocked. A better camera than my Moto G2 which has a really shite one.

The options I have been considering around $110 or less:
* Whichever I can get cheapest and in best shape second hand between LG V30, V30s/+, V35, and G7 or Moto Z2 Play
* New/Open Box Huawei P Smart, LG Q7, Sony Xperia XA2, Nokia 6.1

The options around $140-$170:
* New/Open Box Moto Z2 Play, Sony Xperia XZ1, LG V30

Genuinely appreciate any input or suggestions.

I'd go with the v30 if you're an audiophile. One of the best headphone jacks. I have a 3 year old OnePlus 5 (same processor as the v30) it's still really fast for it's age. Very little lag ever. The headphone jack is good enough for me, with Grado SR60 or Sony mdr-7506. Camera is pretty good. Not as good as a new pixel but decent.
The Following User Says Thank You to 350Rocket For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 350Rocket Ad-Free
28th March 2020, 07:47 AM |#12076  
Flag Gulf Coast
Thanks Meter: 216

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siscco

Hi everyone
Any help unlocking my
one touch X230E Z227
IMEI MOD EDIT:IMEI number removed. It is dangerous to make it public.

You would need to post this in that device forum or if it does not have one then maybe in Q&A section some place but this thread is specifically for what the title says and we try to keep things organized or it can get really confusing quick. Rules of XDA are search first and if there is no information already on whatever it is you're looking for then you can make a post in the correct section. I'm not trying to be a prick just letting you know maybe you should reread the rules of XDA just so you understand better. Also I did a quick Google search for: "unlock one touch x230e" and I immediately had tons of information on it. Throw that in your search and you will surely have the answers you're looking for.

Sent from my MIX 2 using XDA Labs
29th March 2020, 01:27 AM |#12077  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
My note 8 has a cracked glass. I think its time for an update.

Looking for some advice
Pixel 4 4G
Samsung Note 9 4G
Samsung S10 4G

All three phones are prices similarly. Pixel 4 being the cheapest (50% off special). Followed by Note 9 and then S10 being a tiny bit over that.

The two things most important to me are
Camera and Battery life.

help me decide.
Yesterday, 07:08 PM |#12078  

More
My honor 9 broke the screen and I want a new phone below 400€.

I've seen P30 (not pro) on amazon, seems a very nice phone but the "not gorilla glass screen" weights so much on my decision... (i dont like screen protectors of any kind so I dont want to be worried about scratching the screen on my daily usage)
The realme x2 pro seems so good but I think it will be too long compared with my old Honor 9 to use on my pocket.

I'd like some phone whit not so much bloatware and very nice capable of running some games occasionaly, take nice pictures, web browsing, social media, youtube, etc

What you guys recommend for me?

PS: Im from Portugal

Thanks
Today, 07:42 AM |#12079  
Thanks Meter: 64

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyld92

My honor 9 broke the screen and I want a new phone below 400€.

I've seen P30 (not pro) on amazon, seems a very nice phone but the "not gorilla glass screen" weights so much on my decision... (i dont like screen protectors of any kind so I dont want to be worried about scratching the screen on my daily usage)
The realme x2 pro seems so good but I think it will be too long compared with my old Honor 9 to use on my pocket.

I'd like some phone whit not so much bloatware and very nice capable of running some games occasionaly, take nice pictures, web browsing, social media, youtube, etc

What you guys recommend for me?

PS: Im from Portugal

Thanks

5 inch in 2020, you are out of luck mate. There aren't phones anymore in that range from reputable vendors. The smallest you can get nowadays are 6+ inches. If you really want a 5 inch phone, try the Samsung S6. Cheap and well supported by the community. Stay clear of huawei, they no longer give bootloader unlock codes and they rarely update their phones.
Today, 12:28 PM |#12080  

More
@Raresh T I like big screens but I dont like so much to have a phone that is unconfortable on my pocket. But what can you give me if size wasnt a problem? With amoled display, gorilla glass, nice pictures, good system update support.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
device, new device, new phone, phone, tablet, what to buy, what to choose

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)