NORDICTRACK ELITE 9500 PRO Treadmill w/ 10" Android Tablet

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By ntsteele, Junior Member on 27th January 2011, 04:55 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th December 2019, 03:57 PM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Hi Chuck. It looks like they took out the HDMI port (or at least hid it) on the post 2017 versions of the Commercial #### treadmills. That's what led me down the casting route. My first step is to get a more recent chromecast. The one I have is one of the very first ones, so it is possible I'm just not seeing it because the chromecast is too old. I know I have a newer generation laying around somewhere. If that doesn't work, then I think I may try to load the APK for Google Home and see if that will find it.

Wish me luck!! I don't think I can brick anything by just loading an APK for Google Home.
20th December 2019, 04:25 PM |#102  
Flag Syracuse
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kzoojason76

Hi Chuck. It looks like they took out the HDMI port (or at least hid it) on the post 2017 versions of the Commercial #### treadmills. That's what led me down the casting route. My first step is to get a more recent chromecast. The one I have is one of the very first ones, so it is possible I'm just not seeing it because the chromecast is too old. I know I have a newer generation laying around somewhere. If that doesn't work, then I think I may try to load the APK for Google Home and see if that will find it.

Wish me luck!! I don't think I can brick anything by just loading an APK for Google Home.

Hmmm. Before you do that, I suggest (at your own risk) loading a APK Export program and grab the existing apk's on the treadmill for safe keeping.
7th January 2020, 12:31 AM |#103  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfromSF

I didn't have to open the tablet. The ethernet port is at the back of the tablet and it works. So does the hdmi port. Both work once you get pprivileged mode. I was also able to root the device using Kingroot via PC.

Now need to take a backup of the firmware and modify the elliptical tablet to use on Proform Tour de France bike using Zwift or Peleton app. That way theZwift or Peleton app can control the bike.

There seem to be a couple of these tablets - I have a 2019 model NordicTrack C1750. The tablet is mounted in the user control panel in such a way that you can't get to the back - can I ask - is your setup more accessible? Or did you take off some of the console plastic to get at the back of the tablet and reach the Ethernet port? Is there a USB there, too? What about Micro SD?

Has root access given you the ability to side load or gain access to the workouts? On older versions of the tablet, users were able to add custom workout files. That's what I'd like to do.

Thanks for the help!

---------- Post added at 01:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 AM ----------

It doesn't have much info in it, but I found a copy of the manual for the tablet in my treadmill (2019 NordicTrack C1750, the 10 inch model) online at "https://fccid.io/OMC402547/User-Manual/user-manual-4015020.pdf"

I see that this is produced as a product of Icon Fitness, and has a model name of MP10-ARGON. I would assume users with larger tablet sizes would find similiar manuals by googling MP22-ARGON, etc.

I did wonder how to get out of privileged mode so that the tablet boots to iFit Cardio automatically again. I used the system reset feature and the tablet acted as if I had plugged it in for the first time.

Someone else asked about Youtube video - I was able to fullscreen Youtube in the browser with no issues.
21st January 2020, 07:44 PM |#104  

More
I accidentally turned on privileged mode after my screen froze and I tapped the same spot several times (the error box) and would rather my treadmill boot directly into iFit. How can you go back and turn off privileged mode?
1st February 2020, 05:58 PM |#105  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Nordictrack C9.5 Elliptical iFit Console - part 360526
just to put this info out there.
new Nordictrack C9.5 Elliptical iFit. On the outside the console ONLY has an audio jack, USB, and HDMI ports. The screen on the C9.5 is only a 7" display. After assembling I tested the HDMI to an external 24' 1080p screen and it worked great, sound also came through. However, I found the wireless connection having issues at times. Pulled console off and carefully opened it up. And found a lot of ports on the back of the iFit display unit, not exposed on the external case - MicroSD, Internet Jack, OTG, 2 UART, and others. The console has part no. 360526 and model no. MP7QCFS. I did test plugging an internet/LAN cable directly into the jack and then turned off the wireless and it worked fine. Internet cable is easy as you could snake it through the fan cover, not sure how you would access the microSD port. I have been taking photos to further analyze all the components. There is a manual online for the 360526 console model that outlines the ports.

iFit console front view
iFit console jacks
Console Diagram

Additional Information specific to the iFit Console model no. MP7QCFS in the Nordictrack C9.5 elliptical...
OS info:
Model Number – AOSP on Drone
Android Version – 5.1.1
Kernel Version 3.4.39
CPU:
Samsung Exynos 4412(POP) - side note, this is what powered the Samsung Galaxy S3
The Following User Says Thank You to sushijim For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sushijim Ad-Free
1st February 2020, 06:52 PM |#106  
Flag Syracuse
Thanks Meter: 10

More
That's good information! I'm going to need to get to back of my treadmill and get to that hidden Ethernet Port because the 2.4 GHz wireless is horrible!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
9th February 2020, 09:33 PM |#107  
Thanks Meter: 480

More
Does anyone have any links to recoveries for these treadmills? My fiance just got one used but it does not boot past the IFIT logo. I have used adb quite a bit and was hoping I may be able to fix it but cannot find any recovery information anywhere. All of the earlier links in this post are dead.
23rd February 2020, 05:13 PM |#108  

More
Great info here. Going to try that method to get into privileged mode on my X22I. As for Zwift, it won't work as you need Android 6.0+. My NordicTrack X22i is running Android 5.1.1. Not sure if the newer treadmills come with an updated newer version of Android. Thanks for the good info!
26th March 2020, 01:35 PM |#109  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I just bought an ex display Pro-Form Studio Pro bike, the company behind iFit sells similar equipment badged as Pro-Form or NordicTrack.

I was able to use this to go into settings and connect to a cheap Wahoo Bluetooth heart rate monitor, half the price of the official iFit heart rate monitor.
I've got my bluetooth earphones working as well and it's great being able to use the browser to watch YouTube videos.

This guy was able to install apps onto his, does anyone know how we can install Apps?
I can't post links so search youtube for "How to access the iFit Admin Console on your NordicTrack treadmill"

Finally my family will be using this as well, is there a way to get out of admin mode so it goes back to booting straight into iFit Coach App?
It does launch it in the end after waiting but I know my kids won't be able to stop themselves from trying things in Android.
The Following User Says Thank You to TC!! For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TC!! Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android tablet, fitness, nordictrack, treadmill

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)