626 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,180

Post Reply Email Thread
24th March 2020, 11:47 AM |#14451  
Account currently disabled
Flag Nantes
Thanks Meter: 19

More
How to manage per-app with AdAway ? gotta find the hosts my apps use and delete them from the file ?
24th March 2020, 02:17 PM |#14452  
Thanks Meter: 1,514

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frog$kyWater

How to manage per-app with AdAway ? gotta find the hosts my apps use and delete them from the file ?

There is a white-list option to enter hosts you want to enable (will be kept after updating hosts file)

Discussed in the thread, find in Wiki, but straightforward in the app to list - reboot afterwards
The Following User Says Thank You to zgfg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zgfg Ad-Free
25th March 2020, 04:50 PM |#14453  
Flag Nabeul
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I installed ENERGYZED Unified pack and it's working fine...
I'm not only concerned about ads, but also malwares ,adwares, trackers, popups, statics and in app ads.
I want to know what are the best hosts to use along energyzed and adaway's hosts and thank you for this great project
25th March 2020, 05:59 PM |#14454  
Account currently disabled
Flag Nantes
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zgfg

There is a white-list option to enter hosts you want to enable (will be kept after updating hosts file)

Discussed in the thread, find in Wiki, but straightforward in the app to list - reboot afterwards

Yeah perfect i'll check that asap
Thank you sir
26th March 2020, 12:07 AM |#14455  
Any chance of expanding adaway to include malicious ips? Would be an amazing addition. Even if only optional.

I can only imagine it would not be hard to implement as it's just another ip source.

What do you think? @PerfectSlayer

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

Any chance of expanding adaway to include malicious ips? Would be an amazing addition. Even if only optional.

I can only imagine it would not be hard to implement as it's just another ip source.

What do you think? @PerfectSlayer
26th March 2020, 05:46 PM |#14456  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6,180

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage

What do you think? @PerfectSlayer[COLOR="Silver"]

I agree. That would be an amazing feature. But like the current adware feature, it miss frequent update of the ISP / database...
That the most difficult part. Otherwise, the feature is not relevant.

About privacy, I would also like to work with Exodus Privacy team to see if we can do some stuff together but I never had the opportunity to talk to them yet.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to PerfectSlayer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PerfectSlayer Ad-Free
26th March 2020, 08:15 PM |#14457  
Thanks Meter: 1,830

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectSlayer

I agree. That would be an amazing feature. But like the current adware feature, it miss frequent update of the ISP / database...
That the most difficult part. Otherwise, the feature is not relevant.

About privacy, I would also like to work with Exodus Privacy team to see if we can do some stuff together but I never had the opportunity to talk to them yet.

You should send everyone a free pihole with all the money you make maintaining adaway. Lol
27th March 2020, 12:49 AM |#14459  
Thanks Meter: 1,830

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

yeah makes sense..

I just added:

https://github.com/stamparm/ipsum/raw/master/ipsum.txt

As my own custom source of malicious IPs and it worked! So hopefully that may do for the time being.

https://github.com/r-a-y/mobile-hosts

Not quite sure how much malicious stuff in these, but I rarely see these mentioned.

Plus not even Steven black has everything these do. I don't personally use these, just Steven Black and a huge whitelist lol
The Following User Says Thank You to TotallyAnxious For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TotallyAnxious Ad-Free
27th March 2020, 01:01 AM |#14460  
Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyAnxious

https://github.com/r-a-y/mobile-hosts

Not quite sure how much malicious stuff in these, but I rarely see these mentioned.

Plus not even Steven black has everything these do. I don't personally use these, just Steven Black and a huge whitelist lol

Didnt know about Steven Black mate. Will check it out. Thanks
27th March 2020, 06:49 AM |#14461  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,433

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Didnt know about Steven Black mate. Will check it out. Thanks

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/St...s/master/hosts

Sent from my Mi 9T using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to Wolfcity For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Wolfcity Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ad block, adaway, adblock, adblocker, source

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)