Mar 9, 2011
Huawei P20 Lite
*** Disclamer

By downloading and installing this ROM you agree that you do so at
your own risk, and that you understand that it probably voids your
warranty. (But does anyone still have an active warranty on this 2012
device?)

Introduction

And yet another cyanogenmod/lineage os build, compiled with linaro gcc for better optimization. Don't ask for tilapia is just for grouper

Installation instructions
Back up your data and previous ROM with last TWRP
Download from link below.
Wipe system, cache, dalvik.
Also wipe data unless you are coming from another rom
Install the ROM.
Optionally install opengapps arm for 7.1.2 , but i suggest to use microg
Reboot.
WAIT for system to settle before you decide it is slow. Some of the app optimization which used to happen during initial boot now seems to happen in the background. When it's finished, responsiveness will improve.
Also i suggest to disable adaptive brigtness, live display,ambient display for better performance.
Optionally root with Magisk

I suggest to format cache and data with f2fs file system

Source : https://github.com/turex

Credits / Thanks
Google / AOSP
CyanogenMod
@AndDiSa for AOSP 7.1 -- I use his kernel tree and device tree with little modification
@Clamor - for his work in Unlegacy
@Ziyann - for his work in Unlegacy
@unlegacy-Android team - for kernel and tree

XDA:DevDB Information
Unofficial CM14.1 for Nexus 7, ROM for the Nexus 7

Contributors
AndDiSa, TureX

ROM OS Version: 7.1.2 Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.1.10
Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2020-03-27
Last Updated 2020-04-16

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200327-221540.png
    Screenshot_20200327-221540.png
    70.9 KB · Views: 3,324
  • bench.png
    bench.png
    108.8 KB · Views: 2,303
Last edited:

TureX

Mar 9, 2011
Huawei P20 Lite
Download

Last build :
14/06/2020
Changelog :
change kernel branch (using @AndDiSa 7.1.0 stable)
add signature spoofing switch on settings
june security patch

-16/04/2020
Changelog :
Fix Settings
revert to linaro 6.5

-26/03/2020 (initial build)
Changelog :
Update to March 2020 security patch
Add signature spoofing for microg

-29/03/2020
Changelog :
set pmf to 0 to avoid some wifi connection issue
compiled with linaro 6.5

-09/04/2020
Changelog :
update to april security patch
tcp congestion algoritm added

-11/04/2020
Changelog :
remove apps
add i/o scheduler (sioplus)
update to linaro gcc 7.5

N.B. 11/04 build has a little bug on settings due to an aggressive(maybe) debloat, i will fix soon

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 5367514

I flashed this ROM (clean flash) just to try it out - it's really smooth and responsive, I like it. I flashed Magisk for root, again no problems

A note to others; there's not enough space to flash Gapps (even Pico) so I don't know if there's a way to install Gapps.

I've not used MicroG before and I could not get it to work fully. That is, I could install apps (via Aurora Store) but there were some apps (like Authy, BlueMail and Skype) that said they needed Google Play Services. Maybe I did something wrong? Or missed something out?

I wasn't sure what I needed to do tbh and I didn't know what I needed in terms of components. First time, I installed microg through Magisk - it installed ok but it wasn't right (I think I needed more components). So I clean flashed the ROM and Magisk again and installed microg (NanoDroid-micgroG-22.6) via TWRP. Again, it flashed but some apps wouldn't run, needing Google Play Services.

The microG settings 'self check' suggests everything isn't right - the 'Play Services (GmsScore) has correct signature' option is not checked. I checked it (even though it was not advised) but those apps still didn't run.

This seems to be a really good ROM, and I really would like to try it out fully, so I liked to be able to fix this problem. Some apps, I can do without and find replacements (Skype for instance) but I do need Authy to work. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

TureX

Mar 9, 2011
Huawei P20 Lite
Hi, for microg i use this sequence:
1) clean flash the rom, after that reboot to the system.
2) reboot to twrp and flash magisk, reboot to system.
3) download nanodroid microg (i don't know if i can post the link)
4) reboot to twrp and flash nanodroid microg zip and reboot
5) open microg settings and give all permissione on self check
6)open aurora store and give the permissions.
7) now phonesky some times does not acquire the right permissions so there are 2 ways to fix

7.1) throught adb :
Connect the tablet with a cable to a PC in mtp mode(Will appear on the tablet when you connect to PC) open a terminal and insert this commands
adb shell
Su
pm grant com.android.vending android.permission.FAKE_PACKAGE_SIGNATURE

7.2) throught local terminal
Go ti settings ,about tablet, tap 7 times to build Number for enable developer settings. Go back to settings and scroll down to developer settings. Go in and enable local terminal. Open local terminal(Is an app) give root permission and Copy this commands.

Su

Sorry for my english ,ask for any problem

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 5367514

Thank you for the help. I made some progress. I reflashed the ROM clean, and followed your procecure then thru adb...

Su

phonesky does now acquire the right permission ("has correct signature" is checked) but I still get the message app "won't run without Google Play services, which are not supported by your device" error.

I've attached a screen shot of the microG self-check results.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200329-124658.png
    Screenshot_20200329-124658.png
    124.6 KB · Views: 700

TureX

Mar 9, 2011
Huawei P20 Lite
Thank you for the help. I made some progress. I reflashed the ROM clean, and followed your procecure then thru adb...

phonesky does now acquire the right permission ("has correct signature" is checked) but I still get the message app "won't run without Google Play services, which are not supported by your device" error.

I've attached a screen shot of the microG self-check results.

tap on unchecked box for grant permission, let me know if it work

D

Deleted member 5367514

tap on unchecked box for grant permission, let me know if it work

Yes, that works! Thank you :good: :D Last time, it gave a message saying it was 'not advisable' but this time it was ok - so all is good.

I'll carry on with my testing. I think I'm going to have to replace some of the google apps (mail, maps, calendar) because of the sync process - I'm not sure sync will work.

TureX

Mar 9, 2011
Huawei P20 Lite
Nice to see it works! i will try to remove some systems usefull apps for make space for gapps, another alternative is install old gapps that are less 100 MB. I also will try give more optimize to the rom with a newest linaro and disable pmf that cause some wifi problem on connect on some access point

D

Deleted member 5367514

Yes it works - it works very well indeed. It's really responsive and smooth.

It would be good to have the option of installing gapps (for those that want it) I've never used microg before so I'm happy to play with that for the moment. I don't want my google account locked (because I have app purchases on my account) so I am trying to keep accesses to Google to a minimum.

I'll look for a gapps package (older or otherwise) that's below the space left available by the ROM. When I instal a ROM, I do use a root app deleter to remove unwanted/unneeded apps but that doesn't gain that much space - so anything you can do would be great!

D

Deleted member 5367514

Excellent work @TureX ! I've tested your ROM with microg and it's working really nicely.

I found some issues for some aps with microg (Google aps primarily) but this is not a fault of your ROM nor your implementation of microg. These are known limitations of microg and, because of what microg does and how it works, to be expected. I could not get contacts and calendar syncronisation working (though there are instructions elsewhere on how to do it, it didn't work for me) so I'm adandoning microg in favour of gapps. As a longer term aim, I want to find a non-Google solution for contacts and calendar sync across a number of platforms - but that's something for me for the future!

So I started my testing for gapps - I cleaned flashed the ROM with magisk no problems, then I tried to flash the gapps package you provided a link to but got an error...

"set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed" and error 7

This seems a bit strange to me since I think it relates to the recovery image (I'm using TWRP 3.3.1-0) rather than the gapps package, though the fact it is an older package might have something to do with it. I'm going to research a bit, just out of interest!

Edit: I may have solved the problem. The gapps zip flashes ok if you don't reboot after flashing the ROM.

noobpc__

Dec 15, 2019
Thank you for TureX, great rom!
If you can, add Alucard Governor.
Since I am a beginner, I could not compile the source kernel. :(
(I used Google translate)

TureX

Mar 9, 2011
Huawei P20 Lite
Excellent work @TureX ! I've tested your ROM with microg and it's working really nicely.

I found some issues for some aps with microg (Google aps primarily) but this is not a fault of your ROM nor your implementation of microg. These are known limitations of microg and, because of what microg does and how it works, to be expected. I could not get contacts and calendar syncronisation working (though there are instructions elsewhere on how to do it, it didn't work for me) so I'm adandoning microg in favour of gapps. As a longer term aim, I want to find a non-Google solution for contacts and calendar sync across a number of platforms - but that's something for me for the future!

So I started my testing for gapps - I cleaned flashed the ROM with magisk no problems, then I tried to flash the gapps package you provided a link to but got an error...

"set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed" and error 7

This seems a bit strange to me since I think it relates to the recovery image (I'm using TWRP 3.3.1-0) rather than the gapps package, though the fact it is an older package might have something to do with it. I'm going to research a bit, just out of interest!

Edit: I may have solved the problem. The gapps zip flashes ok if you don't reboot after flashing the ROM.
Thank you ,i would to know if you noticed some performance improvements in the new update and if wifi Is stable.

Reguarding cpu governors, i don't know if i will add new one, i will add a TCP congestion algorithm to try to improve wifi speed.

D

Deleted member 5367514

Everything seems to work perfectly :good:

Gapps installed ok (permissions were all set and I didn't need to change them) I've re-installed all my apps and they are working and responsive.

This ROM is excellent, as good as AndiDiSa's AOSP for speed and responsiveness. CM gives a few more configuration options than AOSP so I will stick with this for a while, just to some more testing for reliability, battery life, etc.

I'm really impressed Turex, it's a really good ROM, well done! :good::eek:

i would to know if you noticed some performance improvements in the new update and if wifi Is stable

Sure thing! So far, WiFi is stable and performance is good. I'l keep you posted :)

Reactions: TureX

HaRdC0r3

Mar 12, 2010
I'd like to see BBR, Vegas, Cubic, and Westwood+ for tcp...for I/O I'd like to see maple, zen, deadline, noop, cfq, bfq, fiops, sioplus...for govs interactive, ondemand, nightmare, impulse, darkness...with that said if probably end up using Westwood, deadline, and interactive or maybe bbr, maple, and darkness if it worked well.
These are suggestions and if you add any I'd be thankful and if you don't I'm still happy you put this out for us to use!

Big thank you for spending time on this project!

TureX

Mar 9, 2011
Huawei P20 Lite
I'd like to see BBR, Vegas, Cubic, and Westwood+ for tcp...for I/O I'd like to see maple, zen, deadline, noop, cfq, bfq, fiops, sioplus...for govs interactive, ondemand, nightmare, impulse, darkness...with that said if probably end up using Westwood, deadline, and interactive or maybe bbr, maple, and darkness if it worked well.
These are suggestions and if you add any I'd be thankful and if you don't I'm still happy you put this out for us to use!

Big thank you for spending time on this project!
I Just enabled Westwood TCP , pegasusq isn't working well i Will see for other but i think that the original One Is optimized very well.

Reactions: HaRdC0r3

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *** Disclamer

By downloading and installing this ROM you agree that you do so at
    your own risk, and that you understand that it probably voids your
    warranty. (But does anyone still have an active warranty on this 2012
    device?)

Introduction

And yet another cyanogenmod/lineage os build, compiled with linaro gcc for better optimization. Don't ask for tilapia is just for grouper

Installation instructions
    Back up your data and previous ROM with last TWRP
    Download from link below.
    Wipe system, cache, dalvik.
    Also wipe data unless you are coming from another rom
    Install the ROM.
    Optionally install opengapps arm for 7.1.2 , but i suggest to use microg
    Reboot.
    WAIT for system to settle before you decide it is slow. Some of the app optimization which used to happen during initial boot now seems to happen in the background. When it's finished, responsiveness will improve.
    Also i suggest to disable adaptive brigtness, live display,ambient display for better performance.
    Optionally root with Magisk

I suggest to format cache and data with f2fs file system

Source : https://github.com/turex

Credits / Thanks
    Google / AOSP
    CyanogenMod
    @AndDiSa for AOSP 7.1 -- I use his kernel tree and device tree with little modification
    @Clamor - for his work in Unlegacy
    @Ziyann - for his work in Unlegacy
    @unlegacy-Android team - for kernel and tree

XDA:DevDB Information
    Unofficial CM14.1 for Nexus 7, ROM for the Nexus 7

Contributors
    AndDiSa, TureX

ROM OS Version: 7.1.2 Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.1.10
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2020-03-27
    Last Updated 2020-04-16
    Download

Last build :
    14/06/2020
    Changelog :
    change kernel branch (using @AndDiSa 7.1.0 stable)
    add signature spoofing switch on settings
    june security patch

-16/04/2020
    Changelog :
    Fix Settings
    revert to linaro 6.5

-26/03/2020 (initial build)
    Changelog :
    Update to March 2020 security patch
    Add signature spoofing for microg

-29/03/2020
    Changelog :
    set pmf to 0 to avoid some wifi connection issue
    compiled with linaro 6.5

-09/04/2020
    Changelog :
    update to april security patch
    tcp congestion algoritm added

-11/04/2020
    Changelog :
    remove apps
    add i/o scheduler (sioplus)
    update to linaro gcc 7.5

N.B. 11/04 build has a little bug on settings due to an aggressive(maybe) debloat, i will fix soon
    @TureX yes, if I remember well it was related to sync_pt where suddenly the screen output stopped and sometimes a "warm" reboot was initiated.

This should be the last version of the 3.4 kernel I was working on ...
    Still working with grouper and tegra3? I might help with dmesg :silly:

P. S. Repartition is complex, but possible. Upstream kernel is complex, but possible. Open sourced blobs are complex, but possible. Conclusion: if enough people are interested and have time for something, than everything is possible. :eek: Check Tegra2 development.
    Hello! I'm testing new CPU governors , at the moment I'm testing pegasusq ,let me know if you want some specific and if you want test this build. I will release a build when I can merge April security patch .