Thanks Meter: 2

By benchbench, Senior Member on 3rd May 2010, 02:49 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
31st January 2014, 10:52 PM |#171  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:

try to use Viber. It works well on window phone

Is being talked about windows mobile and not windows phone.
Don't exist a viber version to windows mobile too. Neither in Java.

Well, I have a Omnia 2 (I800) with WM 6.5 professional.
I downloaded the file .jar of the message http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...77&postcount=3 and I used 2 java emulator: JBED and JAVA FX
In both I have the same result.
In JAVA FX...

In JAVA FX, after installed and run the whatsapp...

... we have this screen, but using the JBED JAVA emulator the warning message not appears:

I put the data but always the message error about network always appears when I click on "Get Verify Code" button:

I installed on my PC(windows XP) the Android emulator "Youwave". I installed the "whatsapp.apk" for Android and I caught my "verify code" but when I used it in mobile phone, this message appeared:

I tried to follow some tutorials about convert the file .apk to .jar, like in these pages...
http://droiddudes.com/howto-extract-...and-xml-files/
http://packmany.blogspot.com.br/2012...-readable.html
... but appeared a error message saying that the java file was corrupted.
I tried too search on internet about "convert .apk to .jar" or "convert .apk to java" but no positive result.

Someone tried some other thing ?
4th February 2014, 10:59 AM |#172  
Flag Somewhere Over The Rainbow
Thanks Meter: 1,218

Donate to Me
More
this is a simple workaround, and you all might find it stupid, but solves the problem:
install android on HD2
android is faster, more advanced, saves more battery and you can run whatsapp without having to change your phone... give android a try, you can always revert back to WM6.5...
12th July 2014, 09:35 PM |#173  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Angry Honourable Senior Members: Don't let WM6.5 die
Dear lukes91,
Wise idea switching to Android. I own 2 HD2s, one I'm currently using & the other one is in my safety locker, kept for posterity

Android may be faster, more advanced, saves more battery & may be the best thing happened to the human civilization since invention of wheels! yet for people like me its an unknown Angel dangerous than the known devil WM (not WP)

I've been with windows handhelds since WinCE2 days (HP Jornada 720, Universal, O2 xda/ XDA II, Diamond, Touch pro). I have been tinkering & tweaking my devices since early 2000 with serious reg edits, Mortscripting & have finally found my perfect soul-mate in HD2 Leo.

Believe me Mr.Lukes its such a heart wrenching sadness that MS decided to abandon a treasure trove of software developed over a period of 15 years (most of them still work) to face competition from IOS & Android, which are in fact illegitimate offspring of WinCe, MS also abandoned WinXP. Today 40% of Pc users worldwide still very productively work them!! .

I still predominantly use my Leo for WM6.5.3 & only out of compulsion for using Whatsapp & Dropbox I switch to my NativeSD Android, which is a pain in my a---

I have wowed to stick with WM6.5 for as long as I can. but in life change is the only constant! if you can, help us old timers to keep WM alive, please.

Any further advice from you on getting Whatsapp & Dropbox run in WM6.5 will be highly appreciated, irrespective of our mutual hatred for Microsoft capitalist Corp

Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to nubail raja For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nubail raja Ad-Free
13th July 2014, 04:12 AM |#174  
Flag Ratchada (Bangkok)
Thanks Meter: 391

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nubail raja

Dear lukes91,
Wise idea switching to Android. I own 2 HD2s, one I'm currently using & the other one is in my safety locker, kept for posterity

Android may be faster, more advanced, saves more battery & may be the best thing happened to the human civilization since invention of wheels! yet for people like me its an unknown Angel dangerous than the known devil WM (not WP)

I've been with windows handhelds since WinCE2 days (HP Jornada 720, Universal, O2 xda/ XDA II, Diamond, Touch pro). I have been tinkering & tweaking my devices since early 2000 with serious reg edits, Mortscripting & have finally found my perfect soul-mate in HD2 Leo.

Believe me Mr.Lukes its such a heart wrenching sadness that MS decided to abandon a treasure trove of software developed over a period of 15 years (most of them still work) to face competition from IOS & Android, which are in fact illegitimate offspring of WinCe, MS also abandoned WinXP. Today 40% of Pc users worldwide still very productively work them!! .

I still predominantly use my Leo for WM6.5.3 & only out of compulsion for using Whatsapp & Dropbox I switch to my NativeSD Android, which is a pain in my a---

I have wowed to stick with WM6.5 for as long as I can. but in life change is the only constant! if you can, help us old timers to keep WM alive, please.

Any further advice from you on getting Whatsapp & Dropbox run in WM6.5 will be highly appreciated, irrespective of our mutual hatred for Microsoft capitalist Corp

Thanks

+1 on that, amazed no one ported whatsapp or got a java fix.
Probably more amazed at MS dropping WM completely as it did for the useless crap called WP .
WindowsMobile was superb & indeed the real birth of the smart phone, Android & apple could see the market gap but unfortunately MS was way too slow on development with WM & it never got the mainstream success it deserved.

It is a huge loss of knowledge & great software when completely abandon a platform.
MS done similar error with pc W8-8.1 :-S never learn :-/
2nd April 2020, 12:43 AM |#175  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Today is 2 April 2020, & I'm still using HTC HD2. Smartphones has changed a lot less in the last 10 years than most people realise. I've had no difficulty logging on to XDA-Developers, reading all 18 pages of this discussion & leaving this comment. Cheer
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)