[ROM][10][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 17.0 for Mi MIX 2

Search This thread

quiquicoripe

Jan 11, 2017
Twrp doesn't boot after installation

Hey, I flashed it and had no errors, however even though I flashed the GApps that you posted, they didn't install.
Also, when I try to boot the recovery, it doesn't work and always boot LOS. Have any idea on how to solve it?

ck007

Mar 30, 2011
Are there any news about the development of this rom? The latest topic was published last december. I've found on Cyanogen site that there is a more recent topic about Los 17 for mix 2. Thanks!

Reactions: fcaminab

AndyYan

Recognized Contributor
Jan 30, 2012
Beijing
Are there any news about the development of this rom? The latest topic was published last december. I've found on Cyanogen site that there is a more recent topic about Los 17 for mix 2. Thanks!

We will be among the first batch of 17.1 devices, which should be coming out soonish.
BTW, "CyanogenMods" is one of those sites that just piece together random ROMs they found on the web for clicks. Stay away from those.

you can try the "fake store" and "fake framework"

I like it !thank you very much!
That sms probl doesn't doder me at all
Magisk doesn't request permission for acces storage but modules can be flashed via twrp
I tried that custom gapps...nothing installed after flash....I'm not a gapps user ...I only need framework for gcam to wlrk...anyone has an ideea?

fabian_screta

Oct 26, 2011

andr6

Nov 15, 2012
I have the same make, result bootloop, i have updated the Firmware to 11.0.6 and now run the LOS 17.1!

Same here . Boot loop after upgrading from LOS 16 to LOS17.1
Orangefox Lavender with latest V11.0.6.0.PDEMIXM
Also tried to downgrade firmware to 9.6.27 and install LOS17.1 again. No juice.

Any advice ?

john707747

May 4, 2011
Upgraded from official Lineage 16 to official 17.1 and there is no sound during phone calls. You must use Bluetooth or speakerphone to hear the conversation.
Firmware version is V11.0.6.0.PDEMIXM
Magisk version is 20.4
GAPPS is ARM64 Android 10 nano
TWRP is 3.3.1-1

Reactions: jsheradin

Guido31

May 30, 2015
Tried to reinstall Magisk 20.4 Now Boot loop again.

At some point LOS 17 started, but with tons of errors. Of the 3 buttons at the bottom home and apps button did not work. Only the back button. Quick settings were not working properly. Could not activate mobile data. And so on. Barely usable.

After hours of trying I did a wipe and made a clean install instead of the dirty install. Now LOS 17 runs very smoothly.
Firmware V11.0.6.0.PDEMIXM
Recovery TWRP 3.1.1
Gapps for android 10 arm64 micro
Magisk 4.20 (with systemless hosts)

J2ghz

Jun 25, 2014
Which recovery should be used? The one from the first post (Required TWRP recovery: TWRP for system-as-root), or the one from download.lineageos.org (lineage-17.1-20200405-recovery-chiron.img)?

eliagolemi

Feb 4, 2016
Do somebody know if the clean install of 17.1 works well?

Upgrade failed in bootloop.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using Tapatalk

J2ghz

Jun 25, 2014
Which recovery should be used? The one from the first post (Required TWRP recovery: TWRP for system-as-root), or the one from download.lineageos.org (lineage-17.1-20200405-recovery-chiron.img)?

Maybe this helps someone:

I had LineageOS 16 latest nightly, TWRP 3.1.1, fw 9.*, magisk
I flashed fw_chiron_miui_MIMIX2Global_V11.0.6.0.PDEMIXM_0805fdbc02_9.0.zip in the recovery.
Everything still works.
I boot to bootloader, and try to flash latest nightly lineageOS recovery. It says flashing... and no other output. I tried waiting, once even hours, nothing. I found advice to use the original cable, to use USB 2.0 ports, didn't help. I gave up, continued using LOS16.
Next day I googled you can use the flashify app to flash a recovery, I tried it and it worked. Now I have the LOS recovery, so I try to flash 17.1, and gapps over my existing system. Doesn't boot (= got the "can't load android system your data may be corrupt" message).
I have a backup, so I just reset data and try again. Same result. Next I tried: Flashing firmware together with los and gapps. Adding magisk. wiping /data /cache and /system. All the while I'm getting the "false" error message that signature couldn't be verified (what does that mean, did it mismatch, or is it just not present? Does it mean a cryptographic signature, or a checksum?), and the transfers (using adb sideload) are stopping at 47% (also not a problem). I probably tried more things I don't remember.
Then I thought maybe it's the recovery, let's try flashing the one linked in the first post of this thread. But now I don't have a working os (for flashify), and fastboot is still not working. So again I tried many things, including a second windows pc. Nothing.
As a last ditch effort I connected it to my Arch Linux server and tried fastboot. It worked. (I flashed the same lineage-17.1-20200407-recovery-chiron.img I've been using before) I go to recovery, flash os and gapps, and it boots. After a few hours everything seems to be working fine.

xdagood01

Oct 24, 2017
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
Redmi 7A
Maybe this helps someone:

I had LineageOS 16 latest nightly, TWRP 3.1.1, fw 9.*, magisk
I flashed fw_chiron_miui_MIMIX2Global_V11.0.6.0.PDEMIXM_0805fdbc02_9.0.zip in the recovery.
Everything still works.
I boot to bootloader, and try to flash latest nightly lineageOS recovery. It says flashing... and no other output. I tried waiting, once even hours, nothing. I found advice to use the original cable, to use USB 2.0 ports, didn't help. I gave up, continued using LOS16.
Next day I googled you can use the flashify app to flash a recovery, I tried it and it worked. Now I have the LOS recovery, so I try to flash 17.1, and gapps over my existing system. Doesn't boot (= got the "can't load android system your data may be corrupt" message).
I have a backup, so I just reset data and try again. Same result. Next I tried: Flashing firmware together with los and gapps. Adding magisk. wiping /data /cache and /system. All the while I'm getting the "false" error message that signature couldn't be verified (what does that mean, did it mismatch, or is it just not present? Does it mean a cryptographic signature, or a checksum?), and the transfers (using adb sideload) are stopping at 47% (also not a problem). I probably tried more things I don't remember.
Then I thought maybe it's the recovery, let's try flashing the one linked in the first post of this thread. But now I don't have a working os (for flashify), and fastboot is still not working. So again I tried many things, including a second windows pc. Nothing.
As a last ditch effort I connected it to my Arch Linux server and tried fastboot. It worked. (I flashed the same lineage-17.1-20200407-recovery-chiron.img I've been using before) I go to recovery, flash os and gapps, and it boots. After a few hours everything seems to be working fine.
do you mean that Linux is needed?maybe it works without wiping data.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    [COLOR="Purple"]#include <std_disclaimer.h>[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Navy"]/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */[/COLOR]

Installation:
    If you are on stock OS, you need a custom recovery first. You can get the recommended TWRP recovery in the link below.
    If you are coming from stock or other ROMs, you need to make a factory reset.
    As always, make sure to backup before installing this ROM.

Download link:
    Google Drive

Recommended Google Apps package:
    Custom BiTGApps (not stable enough yet)

Required TWRP recovery
    TWRP for system-as-root

Donate to support development:
    Donate via PayPal to wight554

XDA:DevDB Information
    Unofficial LineageOS 17.0 for Mi MIX 2, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2

Contributors
    wight554
    Source Code: https://github.com/wight554

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: MIUI Stable V10.4.1.0

Version Information

Created 2019-09-10
    Last Updated 2019-09-10

We will be among the first batch of 17.1 devices, which should be coming out soonish.
    BTW, "CyanogenMods" is one of those sites that just piece together random ROMs they found on the web for clicks. Stay away from those.
    BUGS:
    WFD aka Miracast aka *cast (requires platform changes from caf which aren't available yet)
    No sane GApps yet (most packages are pretty broken)
    VoLTE can be broken for countries other than India
    There's no customizations, just pure AOSP (to be clear)
    Stock Clock app has broken alarm (Use Google Clock or any other for now)
    Stock messaging app doesn't have notifications (Use Google Messaging or QKSMS)
    Upgraded from official Lineage 16 to official 17.1 and there is no sound during phone calls. You must use Bluetooth or speakerphone to hear the conversation.
    Firmware version is V11.0.6.0.PDEMIXM
    Magisk version is 20.4
    GAPPS is ARM64 Android 10 nano
    TWRP is 3.3.1-1

Just an update on this. I tried everything; clean flash, dirty flash, multiple firmware versions, multiple recovery versions and I could never get the sound to work during calls. I experimented with other Android 10 ROMs such as crDroidAndroid and Havoc and also experienced the same issue of no sound. Everything else appears to work fine in the Android 10 ROMs. I gave up and went back to official LineageOS 16. Everything including sound during calls works fine now. So for me, this phone is end of life unless this issue gets resolved. My guess is firmware problem.