Permanently setting 3rd party default launcher with gestures

Search This thread

Shayded

Apr 19, 2015
That's great news, thanks!

Be aware that people on here (and reddit) will claim it works perfectly but conveniently leave out the fact that the animations still aren't 1:1 and never will be without a quickstep compatible launcher.

Your swipe up for home will just have the app disappear into a fade, not back into the icon, and swiping up for recents from the home screen has no animation at all.

Reactions: imna357

Ghisy

Mar 27, 2010
HTC Desire
Google Nexus 4
Be aware that people on here (and reddit) will claim it works perfectly but conveniently leave out the fact that the animations still aren't 1:1 and never will be without a quickstep compatible launcher.

Your swipe up for home will just have the app disappear into a fade, not back into the icon, and swiping up for recents from the home screen has no animation at all.
Oh, that kinda sucks :/
I wonder if Google will ever fix that?

madscribblerz

Jan 13, 2014
Google Pixel 6 Pro

I guess I see different launchers behaving differently as a given. Nova has lots of animation options - so yeah, not stock.

By perfectly I mean you don't have to set Nova as the default launcher after rebooting anymore. It works as designed, transparently, albeit not the pixel launcher but that's kind of the point, right?

Reactions: wgrant

Ghisy

Mar 27, 2010
HTC Desire
Google Nexus 4
By perfectly I mean you don't have to set Nova as the default launcher after rebooting anymore. It works as designed, transparently, albeit not the pixel launcher but that's kind of the point, right?
I see what you meant now. I was hoping I could get Pixel launcher animations with Nova but it's not a big deal.

I wonder if it's up to Google or Nova's devs to fix this?

Shayded

Apr 19, 2015
I see what you meant now. I was hoping I could get Pixel launcher animations with Nova but it's not a big deal.

I wonder if it's up to Google or Nova's devs to fix this?

Closest you can likely get is Lawnchair with quickstep. Gets you a middle ground of customization but with native pixel gesture support and animations

Ghisy

Mar 27, 2010
HTC Desire
Google Nexus 4
Now that I'm (finally!) using the P4XL, I can confirm animations with Nova aren't as smooth as with the Pixel launcher. It kinda sucks but I'll take Nova customizations over nicer animations any day, if we can't have both!

Top Liked Posts