By albertocastillo2001, Senior Member on 31st August 2013, 11:21 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
3rd September 2013, 01:02 PM |#11  
Flag Philippines
Thanks Meter: 2,378

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by albertocastillo2001

I asked my friend to give me a copy of his complete EFS folder but apparently he doesn't know to.

look here for dummy EFS folder [15 to 23] Problem:-

Check this out!You , YES! you are an " Android ". Not your phone but U.

You Must watch this documentary concerning your privacy Terms & Conditions we had agreed to, by using a PC or Smartphone

How to say Thank you? If you find any post helpful on XDA, please click on the Thanks button
If you are using XDA App or Tapatalk, long press on the post and select Thanks
Its easier to give "Feedback" in this manner than make an additional post.
The Following User Says Thank You to xsenman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xsenman Ad-Free
3rd September 2013, 01:10 PM |#12  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Hi

Yes. I forgot about that one but I looked at it before. I wanted to ask you why do I need it and why can't I use my own since the important files are nv_data.bin only?

Sorry if I am making a mess with this explanation. I forgot to tell you that when I renamed my original nv_data.bin, nv_data.bin.md5, nv_data.bak and nv_data.bak.md5, I pasted my friend's nv_data.bin file but I didn't paste his .md5 file since I don't have it. When I restarted the pone the MD5 file got generated.

Shouldn't the dummy EFS folder only be used when somebody knows that it's EFS is corrupted but the nv_data.bin is fine?
3rd September 2013, 01:18 PM |#13  
Flag Philippines

More
Quote:

Shouldn't the dummy EFS folder only be used when somebody knows that it's EFS is corrupted but the nv_data.bin is fine?

that's what I noted from your first post as such I emphasized it, you only used one file, it should be two, that uploaded folder contain files from a broken i9000, so its more or less original , you can use only the two files in it. as i understand, you only want to use for a few days.

You Must watch this documentary concerning your privacy Terms & Conditions we had agreed to, by using a PC or Smartphone

How to say Thank you? If you find any post helpful on XDA, please click on the Thanks button
3rd September 2013, 11:37 PM |#14  
OP Senior Member

More
Hello

Oki, so since I don't want to mess up much with the EFS partition on my pone. Can I just overwrite nv_data.bin and nv_data.bin.md5 with the ones from my friend and then set the permissions and group?
I will ask him to send me the .md5 since he only sent me nv_data.bin

Would this work?

Thank you.
4th September 2013, 12:10 AM |#15  
Flag Philippines

More
Quote:

Would this work?

It should work, just overwrite files, and reboot after save and exit in menu, but if both of you are in the same network, both can be banned, if network decides to do so.

4th September 2013, 08:11 AM |#16  
OP Senior Member

More
Thanks.

My friend will send me the file in a few hours. Once I try I will let you know.
I know about being banned but he's in my country and I am in another one at the momento. So nothing should happen.

His IMEI number will get banned in this country too after a few days. They are about to ban cheap Nokia pone I have too.
They just ban any phone that hasn't been bought in this country unless you pay that tax

Thanks!
4th September 2013, 09:22 PM |#17  
OP Senior Member

More
Hello

I tried to add the nv_data.bin.md5 file from my friend. After restartng the pone I had my original IMEI instead of the original one or the generic one. So I think it's because it tried to restore the backup from nv_data.bak and nv_data.bak.md5

So, besides pasting my friend's nv_data.bin and nv:data.bin.md5 I tried to copy these files as nv_data.bak and nv_data.bak.md5 but after restarting I got a generic IMEi

I will try to ask my friend to send me nv_data.bak and nv_data.bak.md5 so I will replace:

nv_data.bin
nv_data.bin.md5
nv_data.bak
nv_data.bak.md5

with the ones from my friend and see what happens.

Thank you.!!
13th April 2020, 09:58 AM |#18  
Flag Kathmandu
Thanks Meter: 74

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Quote:

!

Quote:

Hi

Here is the thing important for you guys
Follow this post
The Following User Says Thank You to PrashannaGP For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PrashannaGP Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)