FORUMS

[DISCUSSION][REVIEWS] Consolidated App Reviews, Recommendations & Discussions Thread

4,278 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,312

By justmpm, Retired Senior Moderator on 11th April 2013, 01:34 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th April 2020, 09:25 PM |#1821  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Anyone know an open source keyboard app that does swype???
Or a guide or APK for TouchPal Keyboard without malware and bloat? It always had the best prediction, I'm so tired of compromise.

I want something with highly customizable prediction and swyping. it seems to me that there must be keyboards that exist with this option, if I have to edit a config file so be it.

Features I want:
swipe backspace to delete whole word (or multiple words like gboard) swift key for some reason does not let you do both this and swype
emoji prediction where you can type "HEART" and get heart as a prediction, not the awkward terrible gboard version.
would LOVE more functionality like the gboard swipe from caps lock!!! this is such a good feature that needs to exist for punctuation and special characters!! I cannot be bothered to long press for something like a question mark.

I would really love to have a keyboard where you can use swype typing with HALF QWERTY layout, and have option to autocorrect based ONLY on the physical distance from the correct letters on the keyboard layout. for example autocorrect "QEST" to "WEST" and NEVER autocorrect something like "PLIES to FLIES". but then, in the prediction/suggestion bar show "FLIES" and other more common spelling mistakes. or some way to customize stuff like this
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)