FORUMS

Want to learn to program android apps and games.

24 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By CinderCloud, Junior Member on 4th January 2013, 07:27 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th May 2014, 10:58 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Yea me too, it was a really cool course. Are you planning on following the next course? It seems like a tough one!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Free mobile app
8th May 2014, 06:28 AM |#12  
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 3,857

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by frabena

I can't post links yet (this is actually my first post in the forums!), but I found the Android Bootcamp 2012 video series from NewCircle priceless. It's available for free on YouTube and it is based on the development of an entire app from scratch. It is slightly outdated, but very well made.

I also followed the Coursera's course on Android by prof Adam Porter: it's free as well and it just ended, so it's really up to date. It is based on a different approach though, covering different topics and providing several little projects, instead of a single one.

Imho though you do need some knowledge of Java. I came from a C++ background, so i was able to follow those courses while also learning bits of Java too, but starting with zero knowledge of both the Android api and Java could really be overwhelming, just warning you.

While following the Coursera's course, I saw people recommending a free course about Java taught by John Purcell on the Udemy platform (I might be wrong on the guy's first name).

Can you link me the videos? just want to be sure I have thesame video as yours.. Please pm/post me the exact link.
thanks
8th May 2014, 07:14 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
PM sent

Sorry, I still am too new to post links on the forums

23rd April 2020, 07:53 AM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
It's a course called “Developing Android Apps.” It's about 60 hours worth ... Java game developer, but you want to learn how to port to Android,
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)