[Android 2.2+] CallRecorder - record phone calls from the phone line

1,205 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,929

By skvalex, Senior Member on 12th January 2012, 12:32 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
21st April 2020, 02:29 PM |#8471  
Quote:
Originally Posted by soateufel

Using the S10 plus just have a quick question...it doesn't really record.. like I have a Bluetooth headset the LG tone flex and my calls are just not recorded and I've tried switching the various recording options but unfortunately I'll try to listen to my calls I can only hear myself sometimes but then there are other times where I can't hear anything..

I'm fairly certain it's me and I don't understand the option maybe but I'm just wondering exactly what I could be doing wrong and I was also wondering if anybody else using the S10 plus has had this problem

Is your phone rooted or has system recorder built-in?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2020-04-21 at 16.28.41.jpg
Views:	516
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	5000379  
26th April 2020, 01:55 PM |#8472  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
nokia 5.1 plus android 10 dont work
26th April 2020, 01:59 PM |#8473  
Quote:
Originally Posted by htcpili

nokia 5.1 plus android 10 dont work

What do you mean?
26th April 2020, 02:53 PM |#8474  

More
The call recording works in a Samsung S20 Plus? The phone is from Spain, Europe. I will do root if it is necessary.

Enviado desde mi SM-G965F mediante Tapatalk
26th April 2020, 03:27 PM |#8475  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Hello, I have a problem with long calls (about 30 minutes I think) - they don't record at all. After the long call I only see a notification of Skvalex app saying "waiting for a call" (or something like that, I'm using Skvalex in Polish) and the call isn't on the recording list at all. By the way, I have "waiting for a call" notification hidden/removed and I don't see it most of the time, so when it shows, I know that there was a problem with a recording. The only way to get rid of that notification is to kill Skvalex app and restart it.
My phone is Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite running MIUI 11 Global based on Android 9. I'm using standard API recording method, but it was happening also with root method before. It is not a new bug, I've been experiencing this from a long time and on many previous app versions. I'm using latest Skvalex app version and I'm rooted with the latest Magisk stable (20.4).
I think that the bug doesn't appear after every long conversation, but I'm not sure. 30+ minutes conversations are rather rare in my case, and it is hard for me to try and find 100% reproduction steps.
I read through FAQ on the website and didn't find any help. Of course, I have disabled every battery optimization setting for Skvalex app.
Any help would be much appreciated
26th April 2020, 10:35 PM |#8476  
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolinko

The call recording works in a Samsung S20 Plus? The phone is from Spain, Europe. I will do root if it is necessary.

It works with root. But I think you may better change CSC code to keep warranty and Samsung Apps (e.g. SPay, Secure Folder, S-Health and others): https://skvalex.org/help/system-recorder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gleniu

I read through FAQ on the website and didn't find any help. Of course, I have disabled every battery optimization setting for Skvalex app.)

Try to enable in-call control button (you may enable button for adding a star only, it's not that big). When the app shows UI during a call - the system considers it as a high priority process and shouldn't kill it.
The Following User Says Thank You to skvalex For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift skvalex Ad-Free
28th April 2020, 01:06 AM |#8477  

More
samsung a5 (2017) - update no longer works
I had a prior install working fine with lineageos 16 on this Samsung A5-2017, after I update CallRecorder it was no longer able to record again.
I am not sure what version Callrecorder started failing but it was before 3.3.6, the current latest.

There is supposed to be a newer method for recording, and there is a message saying the root-method is going to be removed from this app, however the only way the app was working correctly was with the root method.

Not to add confusion, I already had Truephone, and I was reading there's supposed to be support for Truephone, but I haven't seen conflicts while using Truephone while callrecorder was recording..

Older release: (I forget exactly which version, but it was before 3.3.6)
The way recording was working was using the 'ROOT' method , and selecting 'Exynos 7880 (Samsung Galaxy A5/A7)'.

New release: 3.3.6
The way the application presents a message is to have as default: 'Standard API' and 'Voice call uplink+downlink'

I pretty much tried all 'Audio source' options with the 'Standard API'...

Maybe I can remove 'Truephone' and see if that is causing an issue, as there's supposed to be some kind of integration with this application, but I've spent a little while today on this and will get back to that at a later time.

I also do not quite understand the dramatic changes -- why is the root-method going to be dropped in support? And by having Truephone installed, will that cause issues while integration work is getting done? I've had Truephone installed over a year ago, but Callrecorder is new as I began using it recent..

Not sure what else to try as I've tried everything mentioned from the app website -- removed app cache and reset on the settings, yet still no luck..
28th April 2020, 06:30 AM |#8478  
Flag albuquerque
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skvalex

Is your phone rooted or has system recorder built-in?

Sorry to me so long to get back to you I've been very busy but I know I'm not rooted as I have the Verizon variants of the S10 plus so it's kind of impossible
29th April 2020, 02:00 PM |#8479  
Flag United Kingdom
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Hey, just upgraded my OP3 to Paranoid Android Quartz (Android 10). Had to swap the recording method to uplink/downlink instead of the old root CAF method if I wanted both sides of the conversation, but that's working fine now. Unfortunately I seem to have lost the ability to record in OPUS - a quick look at the file in a notepad brings up a bunch of NUL characters with the odd control char, the number called, and very little else. I've attached a (zipped for upload) example of one calling my voicemail. WAV and MP3 seem to work fine. Couldn't spot anything in the thread about it, but it was working perfectly when I was on the stock Android 9 ROM. Any ideas? I can live with MP3 for now though, it's better than empty recordings
Attached Files
File Type: zip opus_recording_skvalex.zip - [Click for QR Code] (308 Bytes, 14 views)
29th April 2020, 11:03 PM |#8480  
Thanks Meter: 164

More
Hi @skvalex,

I'm using a Pixel 3 XL phone is rooted and recording was working fine since day one.

I just notice that it is not recording the caller's end when I'm using my Bluetooth.
As per app suggestion I was using
Recording method: Standard API
Audio source: Root CAF even tried Voice call uplink + downlink

The only way to get it working is I have to make sure its set to
Recording method: Root
Audio source: Root CAF

This is the only way I get it to record when I'm using Bluetooth.
1st May 2020, 05:26 AM |#8481  
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlusr

I had a prior install working fine with lineageos 16 on this Samsung A5-2017, after I update CallRecorder it was no longer able to record again.

Do you have Magisk module installed? If not, try to install it. Then use Standard API with uplink + downlink audio source
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
call rec, call recording, callrec

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)