625 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,133

Post Reply Email Thread
27th April 2020, 03:41 PM |#14671  
Thanks Meter: 82

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondJohn

A whitelist would probably be an easier option.

As for using "file://" have you tried with a triple forward slash? ie "file:///" its probably best you provide the full line to assist people to help you.

Ah i was missing the extra '/'
It's easier for me to merge my current host list as whitelist would take forever entering each hostname.
27th April 2020, 03:44 PM |#14672  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6,133

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ps24u

@PerfectSlayer, thank you very much for build 4.3.4. Sadly it doesn't correct the negative time / timezone issue, I'm still getting exactly the same weirdness with negative times as before.
Edit: I installed 4.3.4 over 4.3.3 directly, not from scratch, if it makes any difference..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilfreitas

+1

Could you at least provide some information in order to reproduce... I spend countless hours on bug fixes and pinging me with "doesn't work here" is really not helping!
Uninstall/reinstall adblocking to reset timers, give me the full url of your sources, the precise time of their last updates, your timezone, the time at which you observe the issue, etc.
I really need all those details to understand how the app can compute a negative time as I am not able to reproduce.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyAnxious

@PerfectSlayer I still think you'd be interested in this source code

I'd imagine it would save you some time in the planned features/to do list you posted.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tordnscrypt.gp

Thanks! I am not sure when I could find time to add the feature I need but I will save me time. Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by knpk13

I was able to use the in app updater to update from 5.0 to 5.0.1. I see 5.0.2 has been released, but I'm unable to update from within the app. Clicking on the version number in the top right doesn't do anything. Is that a known bug? Does anyone know how I can check for an update? (I know I can manually install the update, that worked for me)

It's fixed. Once you restart the app, the new version should appear.
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to PerfectSlayer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PerfectSlayer Ad-Free
27th April 2020, 11:42 PM |#14673  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
@PerfectSlayer, I'm using all software defaults, systemless (with Magisk). I'm in Paris now, currently Gmt +2 because of summer time. In winter it's Gmt+1.
I'm using all 3 default "hosts sources", please see the pic attached to my previous message to see the affected host. I don't think it's always the same host that's affected but not 100% sure.
I'm going to try to Uninstall/reinstall adblocking and will let you know if it occurs again.
For now it's 00:40 here (40 past midnight) and the time reported by hosts are:
Adaway: 4 hours
Yoyo: 9 hours
Guthubusercontent: 21 hours.
Hope it helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ps24u For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ps24u Ad-Free
28th April 2020, 02:10 PM |#14674  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 2,958

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by s--c

Ah i was missing the extra '/'
It's easier for me to merge my current host list as whitelist would take forever entering each hostname.

You could probably do it either with a simply find-replace in any text editor, or Notepad++ which has a vertical/block copy function, or in excel or whatever spreadsheet app you use. You would not need to enter each host name individually.
28th April 2020, 02:28 PM |#14675  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMJI79

I am on Pixel 4 Xl Dev preview 2 rooted and it says "symbolic link for /system/etc/hosts is absent or is incorrect". And it's impossible to create it.

I have searched the thread and found nothing of less than a year on that issue.

I was getting that error, I deleted Adaway, then selected "system less hosts" in Magisk Manager", then rebooted phone so changes can take effect, installed Adaway and it was up and working

I hope this helps
The Following User Says Thank You to Zepzer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Zepzer Ad-Free
28th April 2020, 03:55 PM |#14676  
Thanks Meter: 82

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondJohn

You could probably do it either with a simply find-replace in any text editor, or Notepad++ which has a vertical/block copy function, or in excel or whatever spreadsheet app you use. You would not need to enter each host name individually.

It says not to edit 'hosts' file by adaway as it'll get overwritten by adaway host list.

I ment manually entering in adaway whitelist app, i see no way to import my personal list apart from adding my file to adaway..in terms of ease and speed.
28th April 2020, 04:55 PM |#14677  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 198

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zepzer

I was getting that error, I deleted Adaway, then selected "system less hosts" in Magisk Manager", then rebooted phone so changes can take effect, installed Adaway and it was up and working

I hope this helps

My kernel is rooted with SU, not Magisk but as soon as I update I will be doing that, now that Magisk is working with R.
The Following User Says Thank You to EMJI79 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift EMJI79 Ad-Free
28th April 2020, 05:24 PM |#14678  

More
Quote:

My kernel is rooted with SU, not Magisk but as soon as I update I will be doing that, now that Magisk is working with R.

Ok, sounds good.

I rooted my Pixel 4 Xl and AdAway was the first thing I installed. I was looking at getting Xposed or EdXposed installed next. I'm looking forward to see what else I can do with this phone now.
28th April 2020, 09:41 PM |#14679  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 198

More
[/COLOR]
Quote:

Ok, sounds good.

I rooted my Pixel 4 Xl and AdAway was the first thing I installed. I was looking at getting Xposed or EdXposed installed next. I'm looking forward to see what else I can do Witherspoon this phone now.

It's a bit OT but I see most Devs here advising against xposed and alike for security reasons.
The Following User Says Thank You to EMJI79 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift EMJI79 Ad-Free
28th April 2020, 09:55 PM |#14680  

More
Quote:

[/COLOR]

It's a bit OT but I see most Devs here advising against xposed and alike for security reasons.

OT means "off topic"?, sorry I'm barely getting the hang of it.

I see, well thank you for your input. I will stay away from that then.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zepzer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Zepzer Ad-Free
29th April 2020, 12:54 AM |#14681  
Thanks Meter: 966

More
Quote:

Ok, sounds good.

I rooted my Pixel 4 Xl and AdAway was the first thing I installed. I was looking at getting Xposed or EdXposed installed next. I'm looking forward to see what else I can do with this phone now.

I have been using edxposed for a very long time and only run xprivacy lua. Edxposed is open source so the security risk is low with that itself, it's the Xposed modules you have to worry about but most are okay, just don't go crazy with them.

Don't use Taichi, that one is a huge security risk and is closed source so it's very sketchy at best
The Following User Says Thank You to Josh McGrath For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Josh McGrath Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ad block, adaway, adblock, adblocker, source

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)