[APP] Fix your messed up timeline in your gallery with Image & Video Date Fixer

Search This thread

j to the 4n

Recognized Developer
Oct 18, 2012
Germany
iavdf_header_v2.png

About Image and Video Date Fixer:

Ever copied images from one phone to another, downloaded them from a cloud backup or moved them from an external storage to your phone and ended up with a messed up gallery?

This happens because the file modification dates of your images have now all the same date:
The date the images were moved or downloaded to your device.
Because the file modification date is used to sort the media, the images now appear in random order.

Here comes Image and Video Date Fixer to the rescue.
It can read the capture date of images and videos from its metadata and restore the file modification date to its orignal value.

In case your images do not contain EXIF Metadata, but contain the date in the filename, Image & Video Date Fixer can parse the filename to extract the date, save it as EXIF date attribute and corrects the file modified date in one go.

Additonally Image & Video Date Fixer offers changing dates for multiple images at once.
You can either set dates one by one, select one single date to be applied, apply a time difference or even increment the date after each file by a selected value.

Premium Version:
The free version allows to process 50 files per batch.
If you want to process more files per batch you can buy the premium version via an in app purchase.

Telegram Chat

https://t.me/picture_manager

Download Image and Video Date Fixer from the playstore:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230121-205828.png
    Screenshot_20230121-205828.png
    111.2 KB · Views: 100
  • Screenshot_20230121-205859.png
    Screenshot_20230121-205859.png
    103.2 KB · Views: 94
  • Screenshot_20230121-205948.png
    Screenshot_20230121-205948.png
    343.9 KB · Views: 91
  • Screenshot_20230121-205842.png
    Screenshot_20230121-205842.png
    117.3 KB · Views: 86
  • Screenshot_20230121-205831.png
    Screenshot_20230121-205831.png
    150.7 KB · Views: 76
  • Screenshot_20230121-210042.png
    Screenshot_20230121-210042.png
    159.5 KB · Views: 70
  • Screenshot_20230121-205834.png
    Screenshot_20230121-205834.png
    81.3 KB · Views: 68
  • Screenshot_20230121-205854.png
    Screenshot_20230121-205854.png
    71.3 KB · Views: 60
  • Screenshot_20230121-205848.png
    Screenshot_20230121-205848.png
    117.3 KB · Views: 59
  • iavdf_header.png
    iavdf_header.png
    112.2 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

j to the 4n

Recognized Developer
Oct 18, 2012
Germany
Thanks guys and also thanks a lot to the editor @Kvyas for featuring my app!

I sent out about 25 keys already. So half of the free premium codes are gone.
Probably give out more though if there are more requests.

Reactions: Taurus_XDA

(krz8)NuKeRaToR

Apr 16, 2016
Edit: nevermind I just bought it, thanks for this app

I wouldn't mind getting a code, there's been some pictures I've downloaded from other devices that show up new when they're about 7 years old

Last edited:

j to the 4n

Recognized Developer
Oct 18, 2012
Germany
Edit: nevermind I just bought it, thanks for this app

I wouldn't mind getting a code, there's been some pictures I've downloaded from other devices that show up new when they're about 7 years old

If the picture do not contain EXIF Data or the date in the filename to extract it, then there is no way to restore the original date.
Please also check the logs, (notes icon at the top right). If the log says your device is incompatible, restoring the modified date from the EXIf Metadata won't work.
Thats a bug in the Android OS that got fixed on Android 9 or 10, depending on your manufacturer. If you are below 9, it is not possible at all.

aayush_24

Jul 17, 2016
Hey! Can I still get the premium code? If not, it'll be really hard for me to chose either premium for your app or the donation package for arter

j to the 4n

Recognized Developer
Oct 18, 2012
Germany
Sorry guys, the premium codes are all gone already.
I will probably give out more in the telegram group since following all the PMs here is a mess...especially because the xda page is horrible slow.

For people that have troubles with the activating the premium key I've sent AFTER they updated to the new playstore version, please contact me.
There was a bug with activation codes not being unique.

j to the 4n

Recognized Developer
Oct 18, 2012
Germany
Version 1.3.0 available

Fixes:
• Example in "Parse date for filename" using YYYY instead of yyyy

Changes:
• Process splitted into a scan and fix action showing the results too
kCp6Fcw.png
IzYbi1Y.png

• Showing filenames when clicking results in Fix file modification date view

Reactions: zoneofSAM

tournante

Account currently disabled
Apr 29, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Hi j to the 4n!

Thanks for your app. I tried it over some time thanks to your free promo code, and it has been is quite useful so far. I noticed one issue, though.
Your app fixes the mtime of an image. However, the AOSP stock gallery app (com.android.gallery3d) sorts images by mtime in album view only. In timeline view, images are sorted by ctime which is identical for all files processed in one batch. As a result, the images are still messed up in that view.
I am not sure if this is a bug or a feature of the gallery app, but it would be nice if your app fixed both mtime and ctime of an image.

Cheers!

j to the 4n

Recognized Developer
Oct 18, 2012
Germany
Hi j to the 4n!

Thanks for your app. I tried it over some time thanks to your free promo code, and it has been is quite useful so far. I noticed one issue, though.
Your app fixes the mtime of an image. However, the AOSP stock gallery app (com.android.gallery3d) sorts images by mtime in album view only. In timeline view, images are sorted by ctime which is identical for all files processed in one batch. As a result, the images are still messed up in that view.
I am not sure if this is a bug or a feature of the gallery app, but it would be nice if your app fixed both mtime and ctime of an image.

Cheers!

I'm using the File API and just call setLastModified.
In the File API there no way to set the creation date of a file. Don't see a way with any other available API either.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    iavdf_header_v2-png.5923033

2.4.x available

• Improved facebook/instagram gallery fix
    • Improved whatsapp gallery fix
    • Added 1000ms second delay option for inbuilt galleries correction.
    That makes it possible to correct twitters gallery.
    • Updated japanese translations
    • Recognize if wrong month format is used. prevent dates to be set to the future
    • Fixed broken multiple formats feature

iavdf_header_v2.png

About Image and Video Date Fixer:

Ever copied images from one phone to another, downloaded them from a cloud backup or moved them from an external storage to your phone and ended up with a messed up gallery?

This happens because the file modification dates of your images have now all the same date:
    The date the images were moved or downloaded to your device.
    Because the file modification date is used to sort the media, the images now appear in random order.

Here comes Image and Video Date Fixer to the rescue.
    It can read the capture date of images and videos from its metadata and restore the file modification date to its orignal value.

In case your images do not contain EXIF Metadata, but contain the date in the filename, Image & Video Date Fixer can parse the filename to extract the date, save it as EXIF date attribute and corrects the file modified date in one go.

Additonally Image & Video Date Fixer offers changing dates for multiple images at once.
    You can either set dates one by one, select one single date to be applied, apply a time difference or even increment the date after each file by a selected value.

Premium Version:
    The free version allows to process 50 files per batch.
    If you want to process more files per batch you can buy the premium version via an in app purchase.

Telegram Chat

https://t.me/picture_manager

Do you know any application that does the same thing in Windows?

There are plenty. I use cPicture to manage my collection. It is the JPEG9 reference app, and it is also great for lossless functions. You can download it for free: cpicture.thecloudsite.net
    It's an amazing app.
    this is amazing, I was lookig for an app like this for years :good:
    Thanks guys and also thanks a lot to the editor @Kvyas for featuring my app!

I sent out about 25 keys already. So half of the free premium codes are gone.
    Probably give out more though if there are more requests.