85 posts
Thanks Meter: 7

By Michal1994, Member on 2nd June 2013, 10:21 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th August 2015, 04:41 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
This works.
This worked for me. Just signed up here to say that.

I have ME301T

Sounds crazy but I did as instructed in Michal's OP and it worked.
Unzipped the zipfile downloaded from Asus.com (can't post link due to noob status. Search on asus for memo pad smart 10 then select drivers and tools, then OS and then firmware)

renamed the zip that is extracted from that zip, as described in OP.
put it on my fat32 SD and it worked.

My tablet randomly started bootlooping, I didn't add any new apps or make other changes before, it just started looping randomly.
I may have let the battery drain completely though. Had to unplug the battery (youtube describes this) before trying reloadin order to get it to start charging again. Then did the procedure in this thread and I'm all good now.

Thank you!

boot loop
17th February 2016, 08:53 AM |#12  
Flag Hoorn
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Thumbs up
Cheers M8 worked like a charm after i renamed it indeed to 1024.
Much appreciated !!!
4th February 2017, 01:24 AM |#13  

More
ME 301T memo pad 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal1994

Hello!

I have a good news for all Memo Pad Smarts owners. I found a way to flash this tablet when we are on locked bootloader and obtained bootloop. I tried to update it with method for TF300T (update file named to EP201_768_SDUPDATE) but not working, then i go to /cache/recovery and find file last-log (my tablet wasn't bricked) and i find line like that: "Can't find update file" EP201_1024_SDUPDATE". So I renamed my update file to EP201_1024_SDUPDATE and it work! Now I'm going to write a whole instruction step by step.

Instruction:
1. Download file from asus.com: WW_epaduser_10_4_5_27_12_UpdateLauncher.zip
Attention! firstly check your SKU. This file is for WW SKU!
2. Extract first zip, and rename the zip which you extracted from the first to EP201_1024_SDUPDATE
3. Format SD cart with FAT32 and copy file on this - it shouldn't be in any folder!
4. Put SD in to your tablet
5. Turn on your tablet by holding POWER+VOLUME DOWN until you see ASUS logo.
6. Choose RCK option by pressing VOLUME DOWN - it should by choose by default, then press VOLUME UP to enter RCK
7. Now wait several minutes - be patient!

If you have any problems, write there!

my ME 301T is not booting i followed the instruction above but from RCK it donot detect SD, i shows a robot with top door open and red triangle, i do not know what to do?
16th February 2017, 07:29 AM |#14  

More
same problem
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansm32000

my ME 301T is not booting i followed the instruction above but from RCK it donot detect SD, i shows a robot with top door open and red triangle, i do not know what to do?

I have the same problem with the TF300T
1st March 2018, 09:09 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
the file should be named
Code:
EP201_1024_SDUPDATE.zip
The Following User Says Thank You to kofolamaster For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kofolamaster Ad-Free
2nd February 2019, 04:38 PM |#16  

More
Hi all,

(previous situation:
- My tablet started boot looping, maybe because of letting the battery drain.
- Hard/ soft reset did not work, wipe data did not work, ended up in boot loops.)

Tried this method today, and after pressing RCK the tablet restarted: Now changing between the android robot (without the red triangle) and the Asus display.

Any suggestions?
24th May 2019, 06:07 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Thank you!!!!

Finally, the system update was installed on my unbootable ASUS MeMO Pad K001 / ASUS MeMO Pad Smart 10 / ME301T.

Clarification:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal1994

2. Extract first zip, and rename the zip which you extracted from the first to EP201_1024_SDUPDATE.zip

The .zip file extension is needed.

I used a 8GB MicroSD card that was already FAT32 formatted and had other files on it.
6th May 2020, 04:21 PM |#18  

More
This applyes to ASUS MeMO Pad FHD 10 (ME302KL)
Format SD card with FAT 32 and copy the zip file inside this archive http s://dlcdnets.asus .com/pub/ASUS/EeePAD/ME302KL/ME302KL-JP_epad-user-10_10_3_41-UpdateLauncher.zip
So this file JP_epad-user-10.10.3.41.zip will be in your root on sdcard
Enter recovery mode by double making the recovery entering procedure, holding power + up, sounds weir but it worked
select adb sideload and do as here: http s://www .youtube.com/watch?v=SHu-CMubrhA - i used command prompt in admin mode powershell didn`t worked for me
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)