FORUMS

[ROM][4.4.4][Dec-4] UNOFFICIAL CM11 | KitKANG v3.1 | Security Patch Level: 1st Nov 15

3,300 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,344

By spezi77, Recognized Developer / Contributor on 30th November 2013, 05:13 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th August 2019, 05:47 PM |#951  
Thanks Meter: 36

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Termi93

It takes me so many trials of flashing hboot & recovery cyclic til i can boot into recovery once... idk what i'm doing wrong.

Hmm. You have a suggestion to aid debugging listed already.

What I did, back then, was roughly:

• install new bootloader
• reboot into bootloader
• flash recovery
• reboot into recovery
• format everything
• flash ROM
• reboot into ROM

I think at some point I must also have added microG, I believe between flashing the ROM and the first boot into it.
19th August 2019, 07:59 PM |#952  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ze7zez

Start the installation as described in post #2 from the fragment "Instructions for installing KitKANG v2.0 ..."
In recovery, take a screenshot of the partition overview and show it to us.

Hello, stupidly idk how to take a screenshot while being in recovery but... i formatted the SD-Card in ext4 recovery (when working) for 1,5gb sdext (formatted as ext4) and the leftover as FAT32, no swap, no ext2.
Since i formatted everything in my last try:
System mtd 3 250.0MiB 248.4MiB free
data mtd5 182.6MiB 181.4MiB
cache mtd4 5.0MiB 4.2MiB
Quote:

But atm i'm giving it another shot because ther was an issue mentioned with some SD-Cards... so lets see what happens in a few minutes.

Ofc it didnt work out as expected, i got stuck immediately at the bootlogo.
After a failed ROM-boot the recovery doesn't work anymore too...

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirabilos

Hmm. You have a suggestion to aid debugging listed already.

What I did, back then, was roughly:

• install new bootloader
• reboot into bootloader
• flash recovery
• reboot into recovery
• format everything
• flash ROM
• reboot into ROM

I think at some point I must also have added microG, I believe between flashing the ROM and the first boot into it.

Like i said, i sadly can't access the phone from my pc, it isn't recognized via adb.
But i can load the hboot & recovery (sometimes) to some success so i can get as far as flashing the rom, booting into the rom and watch the cyanogen circle a few times til it reboots and at some point gets stuck at the HTC-Boot logo.
19th August 2019, 08:18 PM |#953  
Flag Kraków
Thanks Meter: 1,250

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Termi93

But i can load the hboot & recovery (sometimes) to some success so i can get as far as flashing the rom, booting into the rom and watch the cyanogen circle a few times til it reboots and at some point gets stuck at the HTC-Boot logo.

So maybe you have too many bad sectors of NAND memory and the system won't fit in the partition.

Show:

fastboot oem partition_test userdata
fastboot oem partition_test system
fastboot oem partition_test recovery

fastboot oem rbchk
19th August 2019, 08:24 PM |#954  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ze7zez

So maybe you have too many bad sectors of NAND memory and the system won't fit in the partition.

Show:

fastboot oem partition_test userdata
fastboot oem partition_test system
fastboot oem partition_test recovery

fastboot oem rbchk

i'd try but like i said i can't connect to it, it won't show up when using "adb devices" and if i use fastboot commands they say < waiting for any device >
in the device manager i see:
ADB Interface
HTC Bootloader
I think i'll just regard that phone as dead, just tried to flash recovery again, it installed, booted into recovery and it just vibrated violently sorry but i think i'm done with that phone...
9th May 2020, 05:38 PM |#955  
Thanks Meter: 36

Donate to Me
More
As I replied in https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...&postcount=198 you’ll have to at least move /data/data as well (though moving the entirety of /data with xdata is more reliable in the end).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cyanogenmod 11, htc desire, kitkat

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)