FORUMS

Turn off s-pen hover function

38 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By bo1e, Member on 26th October 2012, 06:59 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Is there any way to disable the s-pen hover function on the galaxy note? In many apps I get s-pen clicks all over the place, completely unintentionally, because the screen detects the pen hovering close to the screen and reads it as clicks. This is really annoying and I need to turn it off. Most of the time I only want the screen to register my actual clicks with the pen, not the hovering.
26th October 2012, 08:40 PM |#2  
Flag India
Thanks Meter: 288

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bo1e

Is there any way to disable the s-pen hover function on the galaxy note? In many apps I get s-pen clicks all over the place, completely unintentionally, because the screen detects the pen hovering close to the screen and reads it as clicks. This is really annoying and I need to turn it off. Most of the time I only want the screen to register my actual clicks with the pen, not the hovering.

There is an option under Settings> Pen Settings> Hovering pen icon..try disabling it & see if it helps..
26th October 2012, 10:10 PM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Did try that, it only turns on and off the icon or dot showing where the pen is hovering. It does not change the behaviour of registering clicks when just hovering or even just having the s-pen close to the screen. When I got my Note it already had android 4.0.4, but from what I read, the Note did'nt even have the hover functionality before it got ICS. In my opinion the whole hover-thing is flawed, on my Note anyway. Sometimes it responds to hovering with clicking everything, and sometimes it don't.
26th October 2012, 10:50 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 55

More
Your pen is slightly bugged out. Try shaking it a little or gently tapping the front end of the pen (where the tip is) against your hand.

The pen point still has a contact made inside the pen and causes phantom presses.
27th October 2012, 04:00 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
The pressure sensor may be stuck. Does it draw a line in S Memo when hovering? The line is supposed to get thicker when you press harder and no line at all when not pressing. When the Note first came out, a lot of people had the problem. There were fixes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app
27th October 2012, 04:27 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 102

More
this is not a Q&A forum
10th May 2020, 05:00 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I'm having issues with my note 3. It keeps drawing a line while hovering on text documents? Please what do I do?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)