FORUMS

TrackMe's web development and user plugins. Developers welcome!!

2,608 posts
Thanks Meter: 143

Post Reply Email Thread
18th October 2015, 08:26 PM |#351  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I noticed that i was running version 1.20 and there is a newer version, 1.21.

When trying version 1.21, after correcting the index.php, i don't see the map.
I'll check if i can find why this is..
21st October 2015, 07:51 PM |#352  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-de-geus

I noticed that i was running version 1.20 and there is a newer version, 1.21.

When trying version 1.21, after correcting the index.php, i don't see the map.
I'll check if i can find why this is..

I found out that the issue occurred came because of a trip i added manually to the database.
After removing the trip data the map is showing with the last added trip.

Only now i have a different issue, i can't show another trip when selecting from the dropdown list.

I try to figure this issue out now!
The Following User Says Thank You to p-de-geus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift p-de-geus Ad-Free
28th December 2015, 01:59 PM |#353  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
The official web viewer has been updated to 2.0!
Thanks to xZise for his help on this.

For people using their own servers, you can always get the latest version from:
https://github.com/espinosaluis/TrackMeViewer
The Following User Says Thank You to _LEM_ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift _LEM_ Ad-Free
3rd May 2016, 09:03 AM |#354  
Flag Glasgow
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Hi, I'm hoping someone can help!
I've been using Trackme for several years, and for the last couple with Android & my own server with the viewer based on USZU's custom web viewer (v2.2).
With the recent updates to the Android version I thought I'd upgrade my viewer to the official 2.0.
In order to ensure that my database had all the right table I deleted the old one & started again.
My problem is that the install.php fails to connect to the database.
I am running PHP 5.5.6 (although I've also tried 5.2.17, 5.3.17, & 5.4.22), which has MySql, MySqli & calendar enabled.
The MySql database is 5.5.45. The user is a dba & I am definitely using the 'long' php hash length for the password.
The folders / files on the server are writable.
The install.php file loads, but when submitting the info it fails to connect to the server. I have tried manually editing the config.php, but get the same result. I have also tried manually recreating the server using direct sql commands (which works fine), but still the same problem when I run the index.php file.
I have run a test php mysqli file to test the connection with the database & it works fine.

If I revert to the original 1.2 files the installation works fine & I can also use USZU's 2.2 viewer.
The depth of php coding in the Official v2.0 is a bit beyond me (!), any ideas why it isn't connecting with the database?
3rd May 2016, 04:57 PM |#355  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chameleon846

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help!
I've been using Trackme for several years, and for the last couple with Android & my own server with the viewer based on USZU's custom web viewer (v2.2).
With the recent updates to the Android version I thought I'd upgrade my viewer to the official 2.0.
In order to ensure that my database had all the right table I deleted the old one & started again.
My problem is that the install.php fails to connect to the database.
I am running PHP 5.5.6 (although I've also tried 5.2.17, 5.3.17, & 5.4.22), which has MySql, MySqli & calendar enabled.
The MySql database is 5.5.45. The user is a dba & I am definitely using the 'long' php hash length for the password.
The folders / files on the server are writable.
The install.php file loads, but when submitting the info it fails to connect to the server. I have tried manually editing the config.php, but get the same result. I have also tried manually recreating the server using direct sql commands (which works fine), but still the same problem when I run the index.php file.
I have run a test php mysqli file to test the connection with the database & it works fine.

If I revert to the original 1.2 files the installation works fine & I can also use USZU's 2.2 viewer.
The depth of php coding in the Official v2.0 is a bit beyond me (!), any ideas why it isn't connecting with the database?

Chameleon846,

I wish I could help you with this issue. I didn't write the viewer, so I can't really tell you what things you could try. I was going to suggest that maybe you didn't upgraded your db correctly, but you said that you created it from scratch. Just one thing, when you say that it fails to connect to the database, does it give you an error in particular?
3rd May 2016, 06:03 PM |#356  
Flag Glasgow
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _LEM_

Chameleon846,

I wish I could help you with this issue. I didn't write the viewer, so I can't really tell you what things you could try. I was going to suggest that maybe you didn't upgraded your db correctly, but you said that you created it from scratch. Just one thing, when you say that it fails to connect to the database, does it give you an error in particular?

Unfortunately it's just the code within the install.php page that returns "ERROR: Failed to connect to database."
20th May 2016, 11:44 AM |#357  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:

I found out that the issue occurred came because of a trip i added manually to the database.
After removing the trip data the map is showing with the last added trip.[…]

Do you still have information about that trip? For example most browsers have a “console” (e.g. on Firefox if you press F12 and select the console tab) which might be helpful to determine what is wrong. Maybe the trip uses some special names or similar which broke it. For example I had one issue (which isn't fixed yet) where the altitude was an empty string (in the code it generated, I don't have access to the database to check if it is actually an empty string or null) and that tripped JavaScript.

Quote:

[…]Only now i have a different issue, i can't show another trip when selecting from the dropdown list.[…]

Same as before: Does the console show anything? And does it apply to any other trip? If you look in your database, you can see the ids of the trip and using ?trip=X (where X is the ID) should show a trip without using the dropdown list. Maybe that changes anything (although I fear this is not the case).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chameleon846

[…]MySql, MySqli & calendar enabled.[…]

I'm in the process of converting the viewer from mysql commands (which have been deprecated quite some time and removed in PHP 7) to PDO (which is not MySqli). Unfortunately it doesn't really output any helpful error messages if it couldn't connect to the database. But there are two options which could help: In my case some errors are in the Apache's error log. Try to take a look there to see what is not working. The other option is to open database.php and in there is connect_save. Change the code in the catch block so that it looks like this:

PHP Code:
    function connect_save($connection=false)
    {
        try {
            return 
connect($connection);
        } catch (
PDOException $e) {
            print(
$e->getMessage());
            return 
null;
        }
    } 
I know debugging is hard, especially if you aren't the developer on that. But I unfortunately don't have a MySQL server installed (which is also why I'm using PDO) and so I can't easily test the install script.
The Following User Says Thank You to xZise For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xZise Ad-Free
12th May 2020, 06:57 PM |#358  

More
TrackMeViewer Update to Version 3.1
As of now, via GitHub and on Luis' TrackMe Server, users can download for own use or access via Browser the

TrackMeViewer v 3.1

The new features in this version include:
1. Support for a wide range of publicly available tile (=map) providers (in addition to the already available Google Maps)
(some require an API or Access Key - many are totally free - including satellite views)
2. Support for Web Servers running with php v 7.x
3. Support for storing you private setting via Cookies
4. Support for Web Server ports other than 80
5. Get rid of php warnings in Web Server logs
The database layout has not changed from V2.0 and therefore V3.1 is backward compatible with your current MySQL database/tables.
(Btw. Version 3.0 was never released)
Please have fun and report problems in https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...d.php?t=477394
The Following User Says Thank You to OpitZle For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift OpitZle Ad-Free
13th May 2020, 02:42 PM |#359  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Thanks so much for your cooperation with the TrackMe viewer, OpitZle!
If you guys are using your own server, I recommend you to update to this new version. It's really great.
The official version running on my server is now using this update, too.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cell id, gps, tracking

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)