[UNBRICK][BETA] HTC Unbricking Project

Search This thread

super_ace

Jun 26, 2012
hi,
still has who this file. I can not download it anymore.
emmc_recover_v4a1.tar.gz
like post #22

thx :)

Kye2000

Aug 17, 2014
Wolverhampton
Probably no help anymore but I'm trying to revive my M7 from a few years ago which bricked when I was flashing an update.
Issue is that there is no device found as lsusb shows Qualcomm, Inc and dmseg shows something with no name. It must be charging the device at least because it was detected for about 20 minutes before it showed up in lsusb and seemed hotter than usual which I'd expect when it's charging but no led/display showing.

iComa

Mar 24, 2011
Omni-1 HC
OnePlus 9RT
hi guys! I wanted to use this utility to debrick my M7, it shows as QHSUSB_DLOAD device both in windows and dmrsg on linux, but when i run revive.sh i can see Device can't be found...

PS dmesg info:

[ 2482.922926] usb 1-2: USB disconnect, device number 42
[ 2482.923616] qcserial ttyUSB0: Qualcomm USB modem converter now disconnected from ttyUSB0
[ 2482.923723] qcserial 1-2:1.0: device disconnected
[ 2485.584103] usb 1-2: new high-speed USB device number 43 using ehci-pci
[ 2485.717033] usb 1-2: New USB device found, idVendor=05c6, idProduct=9008
[ 2485.717052] usb 1-2: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
[ 2485.717065] usb 1-2: Product: QHSUSB_DLOAD
[ 2485.717077] usb 1-2: Manufacturer: Qualcomm CDMA Technologies MSM
[ 2485.718326] qcserial 1-2:1.0: Qualcomm USB modem converter detected
[ 2485.719164] usb 1-2: Qualcomm USB modem converter now attached to ttyUSB0

What can i do?

slavkoua

Jun 20, 2020
files

the link does not work, where to get the link to the files? I really need them (no links here work

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

Prerequisites
  • the appropriate package for the device
  • a supported bricked device
  • a usb cable
  • fastboot
  • distro utils: md5sum, strings, tail, grep, unzip ( all included in most linux distros)
  • some basic linux experience
  • root access on a linux machine
  • patience
DISCLAIMER: We do NOT guarantee that this method will work for you, or that it is flawless. We are also not responsible if your phone is completely dead after the procedure, or your house burns down because your phone exploded. You are doing this in YOUR OWN RISK.

Instructions

1. Boot the linux box and download the appropriate package for the device.
  2. Remove the sim card from the phone. Do not connect yet
  3. Extract the package in your working directory
  4. Open up a terminal and cd to that directory
  5. Run revive.sh as root and connect the device
Code:
sudo ./revive.sh

The procedure is automated. At the end of the unbrick process, you will need to charge the device fully and then flash one of the full firmwares bundled, as pointed from the script. This is crucial to ensure device stability.

hello, please help, I can’t find the files I need to restore my phone (((

vantt1

Dec 23, 2011
Unlikely these files exist anywhere at this time.

This thread is from 2014, that's more than half a decade!

Sent from my PH-1 using Thebear Blue XDA Labs
I still have the files from back when I first tried the unbrick tool in 2017 (it didn’t work), and that Android File Host link also works. Tried it again today on a different M7, also didn’t work.

Tested on both 32-bit and 64-bit Ubuntu systems, USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports. Also tried running the tool with the phone connected as “05c6:9008 Qualcomm, Inc. Gobi Wireless Modem (QDL Mode)”, then “05c6:f006 Qualcomm, Inc.” also didn’t work.

Symbian808

Oct 26, 2019
HTC U11
Hi Everyone,

A couple of years ago I bricked my M7 as described in the OP's post. The issue is that when I run the tool it outputs:
HTC Unbricking Project M7_UL 0.6beta
Detecting bricked device..
Accessing device on /dev/sdd
Gathering data
================= emmc_recover 0.4 alpha 1 ==========================

Waiting device /dev/sdd1.......
Found device!
Backing up partition /dev/sdd1 to file p1.img
Backup ok
================= emmc_recover 0.4 alpha 1 ==========================

Waiting device /dev/sdd19.......
Found device!
Backing up partition /dev/sdd19 to file p19.img
Backup ok
./revive.sh: line 22: strings: command not found
./revive.sh: line 23: strings: command not found
Unsupported firmare

My thoughts are that I have the outdated version of the tool as this is a similar error to what BanBoo had in the thread's first page. If someone could link the updated version, it would be greatly appreciated. (I understand that this thread is 7 years old, but it can't hurt to try)

EDIT: Turns out, having never used Linux before, I needed to install the strings command (Run "apt-get install binutils" in terminal). Apologies for unnecessarily awakening this thread & thank you to dexter93!

Last edited:
Reactions: Alaadragonfire

aleph930623

Feb 14, 2019
OP status: [WIP]

This will fix devices which were bricked due to firmware incompatibility. This can be caused with the way HTC handles the firmware updates in it's m7's OTAs. If you've been flashing from a 3.x firmware to a 5.x firmware via OTA, or manually, you most likely have a device stuck in QHSUSB_DLOAD. This tool is for you

Currently supported devices: m7ul.
hello. i need that tool, kinda late ik. is it somewhere still?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OP status: [WIP]

This will fix devices which were bricked due to firmware incompatibility. This can be caused with the way HTC handles the firmware updates in it's m7's OTAs. If you've been flashing from a 3.x firmware to a 5.x firmware via OTA, or manually, you most likely have a device stuck in QHSUSB_DLOAD. This tool is for you

Currently supported devices: m7ul.
    Prerequisites
    • the appropriate package for the device
    • a supported bricked device
    • a usb cable
    • fastboot
    • distro utils: md5sum, strings, tail, grep, unzip ( all included in most linux distros)
    • some basic linux experience
    • root access on a linux machine
    • patience
    DISCLAIMER: We do NOT guarantee that this method will work for you, or that it is flawless. We are also not responsible if your phone is completely dead after the procedure, or your house burns down because your phone exploded. You are doing this in YOUR OWN RISK.

Instructions

1. Boot the linux box and download the appropriate package for the device.
    2. Remove the sim card from the phone. Do not connect yet
    3. Extract the package in your working directory
    4. Open up a terminal and cd to that directory
    5. Run revive.sh as root and connect the device
    Code:
    sudo ./revive.sh

The procedure is automated. At the end of the unbrick process, you will need to charge the device fully and then flash one of the full firmwares bundled, as pointed from the script. This is crucial to ensure device stability.
    Notes on the procedure:

• You will need to power on the device manually when the script prompts you. To do so, hold power button for ~60secs
    • USB3 ports might not work properly. Please plug the device in a USB2 port if you face issues
    • If your firmware is unsupported, please grab p1.img and p19.img from the working directory, note down the error and contact us
    • This has been tested on S-OFF devices. Please let me know if it works on S-ON as well
    • This *should* fix other firmware incompatibilities too, as long as the device can be detected
    • The firmwares included are completely stock, including recovery. You are not advised to use others

Downloads

For HTC One (M7_UL)
    32bit MD5: c9b8c0ea1700edfda1d69a2491e59aa5
    Got my HTC bricked just like that in middle of a browsing session with 40% battery, this happened 2 days bak.

I have my all things set. Including the fastboot and root permission.

When i run revive.sh i am not getting the bricked device detected.

I am on Mac. Hopefully it satisfy the condition required here of a linux distro. As of now i have this m/c only no ubuntu..

I checked via tail -f /var/log/system.log (klog is diff in mac) , the following is there :
    Jun 5 21:05:08 anirudhsmacbook kernel[0]: USBF: 28336.614 AppleUSBOHCI::SuspendUSBBus Processing WDH before suspending
    Jun 5 21:05:09 anirudhsmacbook kernel[0]: USBF: 28336.675 AppleUSBOHCI::SuspendUSBBus Processing WDH before suspending
    Jun 5 21:05:20 anirudhsmacbook kernel[0]: USBF: 28348.651 AppleUSBOHCI::SuspendUSBBus Processing WDH before suspending
    Jun 5 21:05:20 anirudhsmacbook kernel[0]: USBF: 28348.660 AppleUSBOHCI::SuspendUSBBus Processing WDH before suspending
    Jun 5 21:05:21 anirudhsmacbook kernel[0]: USBF: 28348.871 AppleUSBOHCI::SuspendUSBBus Processing WDH before suspending
    Jun 5 21:05:21 anirudhsmacbook kernel[0]: AppleUSBMultitouchDriver::message - kIOUSBMessagePortHasBeenReset.
    Jun 5 21:05:22 anirudhsmacbook kernel[0]: AppleUSBMultitouchDriver::checkStatus - received Status Packet, Payload 2: device was reinitialized
    Jun 5 21:05:22 anirudhsmacbook hidd[48]: MultitouchHID: device bootloaded
    Jun 5 21:05:25 anirudhsmacbook kernel[0]: USBF: 28353. 35 AppleUSBOHCI::SuspendUSBBus Processing WDH before suspending
    Jun 5 21:05:25 anirudhsmacbook kernel[0]: USBF: 28353. 42 AppleUSBOHCI::SuspendUSBBus Processing WDH before suspending
    Jun 5 21:05:25 anirudhsmacbook kernel[0]: USBF: 28353.106 AppleUSBOHCI::SuspendUSBBus Processing WDH before suspending

I guess this is not searching for Qualcomm MMC storage as mentioned in the revive shell script.

Does that mean its not in correct mode ? or does that mean mac USB driver detection is diff.

Any feedback shall be appreciated.
    You can forget about any kind of support on mac. logging and usb events are different. Use a live cd or something

~~
    Also, updated the OP download with the new emmc_recover binary
    AFAIK "m7u" is GSM and "m7ul" is GSM+LTE.
    try with this version of emmc_recover and let me know if you still get illegal instruction