How to use wifi hotspot with root and xposed

Search This thread

td1320

Dec 5, 2008
It is annoying but a small price to pay for what you get. If we didn't have Samsung we wouldn't even have that option

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

You can also click on the Configure button and set up the password and change the Name of the hotspot. I confirmed it works tethering my Nexus 7 to the Note 3.

xXJay_RXx

Apr 13, 2010
Does this method still work even after the update? I'm looking to dump my $30 tether plan n use this to tether on my note 3

Delirious17

Oct 15, 2010
Sqlite editor is crashing when loading to like 445, java.lang.outofmemoryerror seems to be the problem.

What could be causing this?

chuckbeez

Apr 10, 2014
Wifi Hotspot issue.

So I just went through this whole xposed process for the first time and I have to say I love it. Locked bootloader on the note 2 really messes with roms so this is excellent. I got my wifi hotspot button onto the notification area via sqlite (awesome btw) and booted it up. It turns on but vzw quickly disables it. is there another patch i can put on? i am so tired of using vpn through foxfi and having a screen pattern. This would allow me to bypass that jazz and just hit the hotspot button i just made.

Much thanks to your efforts btw.

airmaxx23

Jun 25, 2010
Colton, NY
So I just went through this whole xposed process for the first time and I have to say I love it. Locked bootloader on the note 2 really messes with roms so this is excellent. I got my wifi hotspot button onto the notification area via sqlite (awesome btw) and booted it up. It turns on but vzw quickly disables it. is there another patch i can put on? i am so tired of using vpn through foxfi and having a screen pattern. This would allow me to bypass that jazz and just hit the hotspot button i just made.

Since you're rooted why not install one of the available ROMs that has the tethering working without any tricks?

chuckbeez

Apr 10, 2014
Locked Bootloader :/

Since you're rooted why not install one of the available ROMs that has the tethering working without any tricks?

I have the note two on VRUEMJ9 with a locked up bootloader so I'm trying to mod without using the alpha stage safestrap. Not really sure if I'm ready to commit to such a volatile safestrap yet.

airmaxx23

Jun 25, 2010
Colton, NY

When you try to start the tethering do you get a message that pops up telling you to call a number to activate tethering? If you do just hit Home and it should be working.

chuckbeez

Apr 10, 2014
Nope.

When you try to start the tethering do you get a message that pops up telling you to call a number to activate tethering? If you do just hit Home and it should be working.

So I tried that right away assuming it would work, it didn't. I then reprovisioned tethering in wanam, rebooted, unprovisioned tethering and rebooted. It ALMOST worked but it turns off immediately when I get the vzw toast notification. Any thoughts anyone? I would absolutely love it if we could figure out native tethering on an unlocked/rooted verizon note 2. I use foxfi but I know its days are limited for sure.

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

So...here's what I have so far. You can get hotspot through foxfi and blow your pin five times then gain entry via gmail login. After that I turned off foxfi, turned back on and it worked without the pin!!! Rebooted and it still worked without a pin! Ballin! but if anyone finds a non-zip way to allow the note 2 to use native hotspot, I'd love that!

igotgame

Jun 10, 2008
So I tried that right away assuming it would work, it didn't. I then reprovisioned tethering in wanam, rebooted, unprovisioned tethering and rebooted. It ALMOST worked but it turns off immediately when I get the vzw toast notification. Any thoughts anyone? I would absolutely love it if we could figure out native tethering on an unlocked/rooted verizon note 2. I use foxfi but I know its days are limited for sure.

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

So...here's what I have so far. You can get hotspot through foxfi and blow your pin five times then gain entry via gmail login. After that I turned off foxfi, turned back on and it worked without the pin!!! Rebooted and it still worked without a pin! Ballin! but if anyone finds a non-zip way to allow the note 2 to use native hotspot, I'd love that!

I know this is old, but "X Tether" module in xposed will allow the WiFi hot spot toggle to work. I'm on a 4.3 rooted stock Note 3 with safestrap recovery.

As a side note.. I also had FoxFi installed and was using it before rooting and using xposed and adding the WiFi Hotspot toggle to my notification panel.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3

Last edited:
Reactions: rebos123

chuckbeez

Apr 10, 2014
Dude. Made my day. Thank you so much.

Sent from my rooted, xposed, and locked Verizon note 2.

Manuel_Rosero

Nov 20, 2013
Here are some instructions on how to use Wifi Hotspot after you are rooted.

install Xposed Framework from HERE

after you have xposed framework setup, download Wanam Xposed from the Play Store and install it. Go into Exposed framework app, go to modules and check (enable) the wanam mod. Reboot.

After you are rebooted, go into Wanam xposed app, goto system, check "Disable tether provisioning. Reboot

this allows you to use hotspot without provisioning, but if you go to the verizon hotspot icon or configuration, it sees it and shuts it off. So we will add a hotspot quick panel icon to turn it on.

Download and launch SQLite Editor
1. Open up SQLite Editor - Select the Apps tab on top and scroll down until you see Settings Storage and click it
2. Click on Ssettings.db
3. Click on system
4. Click on the search icon on top right
5. Type in the word notification in the Filter Value field and click ok
6. Once the results load up, tap on notification_panel_active_app_list (should be the bottom result) and click on the pencil icon on top to edit
7. In the Value field, you'll see all your toggles listed. All you have to do is add the word WiFiHotspot <-- just like that, with the three caps, with a semi colon right after. Make sure there's no space after the semi colon. Once you add WiFiHotspot, click the save button.
8. Close SQLite editor and reboot your phone. Once your phone boots back up, you should now have the Wifi toggle in quick settings like mine below!

Now, to use it, click on the quick panel icon you just made called wifi hotspot. Hit Home so you go to the home screen. Dont go to the Verizon Hotspot icon or the Hotspot configure, just use it like that and it works good. Takes a minute or two to establish internet access after your computer connects but it works, I have confirmed it.
Does this still work on NC4?

ebisetti

Jun 9, 2014
Lima
Does this work with NC2?

Hello, I tried this for my AT&T's Note3, but it doesnt work, I cannot use the hotspot. Is there a way to work around it?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here are some instructions on how to use Wifi Hotspot after you are rooted.

install Xposed Framework from HERE

after you have xposed framework setup, download Wanam Xposed from the Play Store and install it. Go into Exposed framework app, go to modules and check (enable) the wanam mod. Reboot.

After you are rebooted, go into Wanam xposed app, goto system, check "Disable tether provisioning. Reboot

this allows you to use hotspot without provisioning, but if you go to the verizon hotspot icon or configuration, it sees it and shuts it off. So we will add a hotspot quick panel icon to turn it on.

Download and launch SQLite Editor
    1. Open up SQLite Editor - Select the Apps tab on top and scroll down until you see Settings Storage and click it
    2. Click on Ssettings.db
    3. Click on system
    4. Click on the search icon on top right
    5. Type in the word notification in the Filter Value field and click ok
    6. Once the results load up, tap on notification_panel_active_app_list (should be the bottom result) and click on the pencil icon on top to edit
    7. In the Value field, you'll see all your toggles listed. All you have to do is add the word WiFiHotspot <-- just like that, with the three caps, with a semi colon right after. Make sure there's no space after the semi colon. Once you add WiFiHotspot, click the save button.
    8. Close SQLite editor and reboot your phone. Once your phone boots back up, you should now have the Wifi toggle in quick settings like mine below!

Now, to use it, click on the quick panel icon you just made called wifi hotspot. Hit Home so you go to the home screen. Dont go to the Verizon Hotspot icon or the Hotspot configure, just use it like that and it works good. Takes a minute or two to establish internet access after your computer connects but it works, I have confirmed it.
    Good write yup bud.... @ForeverSupra says your an OK guy... I guess he's right... Lol
    Hello, I tried this for my AT&T's Note3, but it doesnt work, I cannot use the hotspot. Is there a way to work around it?

I am rooted on 4.4.2. I use the Xposed module "Moto Tether". Hotspot works, no problem.
    I posted this in another thread....

Hotspot works out of the box.
    All you do is configure it then turn it on. A verizon window will pop up, DONT click cancel, just click the home button and you are set.
    It is annoying but a small price to pay for what you get. If we didn't have Samsung we wouldn't even have that option