FORUMS

[Android 2.2+] CallRecorder - record phone calls from the phone line

1,204 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,929
 
By skvalex, Senior Member on 12th January 2012, 12:32 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
15th May 2020, 06:37 PM |#8531  
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiho5

But it appears out of nowhere. Without using the audio player. And as far as I remember without any buttons to pause playback.

About what version are you talking? 3.3.9 is the latest
15th May 2020, 06:46 PM |#8532  
tiho5's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 844
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skvalex

About what version are you talking? 3.3.9 is the latest

I'm on 3.3.8
I updated just yesterday. Now I am not getting update. I checked in settings about
15th May 2020, 07:49 PM |#8533  
Senior Member
Flag Lisbon
Thanks Meter: 18
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skvalex

Can you also make a log?

I will try today or tomorrow.
20th May 2020, 10:25 AM |#8534  
Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gleniu

Hello, I have a problem with long calls (about 30 minutes I think) - they don't record at all. After the long call I only see a notification of Skvalex app saying "waiting for a call" (or something like that, I'm using Skvalex in Polish) and the call isn't on the recording list at all. By the way, I have "waiting for a call" notification hidden/removed and I don't see it most of the time, so when it shows, I know that there was a problem with a recording. The only way to get rid of that notification is to kill Skvalex app and restart it.
My phone is Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite running MIUI 11 Global based on Android 9. I'm using standard API recording method, but it was happening also with root method before. It is not a new bug, I've been experiencing this from a long time and on many previous app versions. I'm using latest Skvalex app version and I'm rooted with the latest Magisk stable (20.4).
I think that the bug doesn't appear after every long conversation, but I'm not sure. 30+ minutes conversations are rather rare in my case, and it is hard for me to try and find 100% reproduction steps.
I read through FAQ on the website and didn't find any help. Of course, I have disabled every battery optimization setting for Skvalex app.
Any help would be much appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by skvalex

Try to enable in-call control button (you may enable button for adding a star only, it's not that big). When the app shows UI during a call - the system considers it as a high priority process and shouldn't kill it.

Unfortunately, adding floating button didn't help and I'm still facing issues with call recording. It happens also during shorter calls - for example now I had a 5 minute long call, which recorded just fine, and right after that I made another short call, which didn't record at all. Sometimes my long calls got recorded only to certain moment - and the rest of the conversation is lost. I will try to turn on logging and force the issue, I will let you know later.
20th May 2020, 09:27 PM |#8535  
Asmund's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skvalex

About what version are you talking? 3.3.9 is the latest

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiho5

But it appears out of nowhere. Without using the audio player. And as far as I remember without any buttons to pause playback.

I didn't use the player today.

May be you ought to look at it.

I have the same problem. Its very annoying. I'm running 3.3.9.
22nd May 2020, 10:03 AM |#8536  
Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
I bought the unlocker via Play Store but I decided to go degoogled on my phone after the last format.

I have downloaded the unlocker successfully via Aurora Play Store but the app refuse to acknowledge the unlocker (Error#104).

How do I get it to work with the unlocker without reinstalling Play Store?
23rd May 2020, 09:38 AM |#8537  
Nicole's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 75
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutezi

I bought the unlocker via Play Store but I decided to go degoogled on my phone after the last format.

I have downloaded the unlocker successfully via Aurora Play Store but the app refuse to acknowledge the unlocker (Error#104).

How do I get it to work with the unlocker without reinstalling Play Store?

? Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200523-103659.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	5024677Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200523-103714.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	5024679Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200523-103722.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	5024681Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200523-103738.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	5024683

Skickat från min G8441 via Tapatalk
23rd May 2020, 10:02 AM |#8538  
Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole

? Attachment 5024677Attachment 5024679Attachment 5024681Attachment 5024683

Skickat från min G8441 via Tapatalk

Thank you for the help but your method doesn't work as I only bought it recently and the method you mentioned is for before Sept 2017.

I tried the method nevertheless and created an account and it still cannot find my Transaction ID.

Nevertheless, I will drop him a mail and see if there can be any solution.
The Following User Says Thank You to cutezi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cutezi Ad-Free
23rd May 2020, 10:03 AM |#8539  
Nicole's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 75
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutezi

Thank you for the help but your method doesn't work as I only bought it recently and the method you mentioned is for before Sept 2017.



I tried the method nevertheless and created an account and it still cannot find my Transaction ID.



Nevertheless, I will drop him a mail and see if there can be any solution.

I hope it works out for you

Skickat från min G8441 via Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Nicole For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nicole Ad-Free
28th May 2020, 07:26 PM |#8540  
Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gleniu

Unfortunately, adding floating button didn't help and I'm still facing issues with call recording. It happens also during shorter calls - for example now I had a 5 minute long call, which recorded just fine, and right after that I made another short call, which didn't record at all. Sometimes my long calls got recorded only to certain moment - and the rest of the conversation is lost. I will try to turn on logging and force the issue, I will let you know later.

I think I finally managed to get it working right. I uninstalled Magisk version, because I noticed that after each phone reboot, the "Call Recorder - Add-on" battery settings were resetting themselves, so I really couldn't turn off battery optimization for that apk at all (oh, how I love MIUI...). I installed the app from the website, turned off every battery optimization mechanism for it and voila! I did a test call that lasted above one hour and it recorded like a charm

So, for MIUI users - you better download and install APK from Skvalex website, because Magisk version causes troubles, at least for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gleniu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Gleniu Ad-Free
18th June 2020, 09:01 AM |#8541  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,463
 
More
I think recorder breaks switching to/from speaker mode during calls. Or at least there is no change in volume.

I'm on Pixel Experience, 10 on rooted OP5
Using Google dialer, once choosing speaker or regular mode before the recorder starts it will remain like this for the rest of the call without ability to change.
Even volume rocker will stop working.

Anyone else have noticed similar behavior?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
call rec, call recording, callrec

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes