T-Mobile announcement update SGS End of month!!!!

Search This thread

exadeci

Jul 21, 2010
Sydney
Well I guess that it will be for some other country too and if it doesn't I think that the rom will be modded fast here ;)

T

Tehpriest

Wow only Tweeted them last night to say the forums were implying they would not have it out before Christmas while Samsung were releasing it tomorrow. LOL. I like the reply :D

jark99

Sep 17, 2010
I assume Bell or samsung canada will dosame :D.
Sent from my GT-I9000M using XDA App

Fuctifino

Aug 20, 2010
Does the Galaxy S that T Mobile UK supply come with any of their branding?
I was expecting to see a load of T Mobile crap installed on my SGS but there was nothing.
I'm on T Mobile but I upgraded via a carphone warehouse shop and mine isn't network locked.

Snuble

Aug 5, 2010
Could be it depends on language? English first, then translation and rest of the world?

T

Tehpriest

I was expecting to see a load of T Mobile crap installed on my SGS but there was nothing.
I'm on T Mobile but I upgraded via a carphone warehouse shop and mine isn't network locked.

Same here via Buymobilephones.net.

Intratech

Jun 15, 2009
London

The Eclair ROMs had nothing from T-Mobile apart from the start up and shutdown screen.

Barkotron

Jun 21, 2010

I thought Craphone Whorehouse always sold generic handsets? If Vodafone hadn't been selling generic unbranded sets when I got my Galaxy S I would have gone round the corner and got one from them instead.

exadeci

Jul 21, 2010
Sydney
Seems that because of the huge success of the phone worldwide the release will be progressive because the servers might not be able to handle all the phones :eek:
Might explain why not all the country releases will be at the same time

Prasad

Sep 17, 2010
pkamat.com
That doesn't make sense at all. Multinational companies have their servers in whichever countries they are present. An american customer won't download updates from samsung india or vice versa... So in the end, each country is unique and regardless of when the update releases, users will download it from the same local servers after all, whether it's one country at a time or all of them simultaneously....

hiroshige

Sep 22, 2010
I would have thought it's equally (or more) likely that the T-Mobile forum team haven't heard about the delay yet. Given that the definite knowledge of the delay itself only seems to have surfaced in the last couple of days.

Also, without wanting to sound mean about it, the non-answer in that thread, re how to back up data etc, doesn't suggest the highest level of possible competence.

Anyway, we'll know soon enough, I suppose!